Why can i control anything on my xbox even thou my xbox controller is connected

Discus and support Why can i control anything on my xbox even thou my xbox controller is connected in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; my xbox controller won't allow me to control what is on my xbox, i can only press the home button on the xbox controller.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SquareSoup78319, Nov 23, 2022.

1. Why can i control anything on my xbox even thou my xbox controller is connected

my xbox controller won't allow me to control what is on my xbox, i can only press the home button on the xbox controller.

:)

SquareSoup78319, Nov 23, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this SQUARESOUP78319

Additional information is needed, please tell me:

What console do you have?
    Is this happening only with this controller?
    Or if you only have this controller please try asking to someone if possible to let you use their controller
    When this started to happen? Do you know if your controller or the console received an update?

And, what did you tried so far to fix this
    In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed
  3. dAkainub Win User

You'll need the internet for this. Paradox

let me start again I tried connecting controller via usb cable but it wont sync I googled the problem and apparently the solution is to update the controller but im unable to do so because my xbox is not connected to internet even through ethernet cable
    im not sure why .

without working controller I cant connect to wifi and without wifi I cant update my controller so basically I cannot do anything
  4. AndrewThomlinson Win User

My Xbox one controller can turn on my Xbox one but once it loads up I can’t do anything and won’t let me navigate or open any menus

It’s not a controller problem my controller works fine I can’t navigate with the controller thou
  5. Michael Randell Win User

Xbox Series S Controller not working.

Hello,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I tried the steps you listed, removed batteries and pressed all the buttons for one minute, then plugged the controller into the Xbox using a USB cable, turned on the Xbox and controller, but still not working. Not able to navigate or click anything or even move past the login screen. My other controller are working fine so I know it's not an issue with the Xbox itself. With the controller in question plugged into the Xbox via USB cable, and using a working controller, I went into accessories under device and connections in settings and the controller isn't even showing as a connected device. Not sure if that information is helpful or not but wanted to include it anyways..

Is there anything else you can suggest I try?
  6. Groves22 Win User

Xbox Series X issues

It just happened again... except this time I couldn't even connect the controller (or any controller, for that matter). Even when I plugged in the controller into the xbox directly... it still didn't recognize anything.
Thema:

1. Why can i control anything on my xbox even thou my xbox controller is connected - Similar Threads - Why control anything

2. Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty: Last week, I sent my Elite Two controller for repair because the buttons started to wear down. However, after getting it back, one of the pads (P2) is unresponsive and requires very hard presses...
  3. Why wont my controller work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my controller work: My controller worked normally untill today i tryed to turn it on and didnt work the light came on and i tryed to plug it in and it plugged in but still dosnt work , when trying to connect it it...
  4. Why doesn't my controller and wheel/pedals work in Forza 5 anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn't my controller and wheel/pedals work in Forza 5 anymore.: Hi everyone. I really needs some help. I have an Xbox Series X, two hand controllers and one Thrustmaster TMX wheel and pedals. The Xbox and controllers are up to date and so is the driver for...
  5. Why my xbox serie s controller keep flashing when I plug it without battery in the front...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my xbox serie s controller keep flashing when I plug it without battery in the front...: My xbox serie s controller keep flashing only when I plug it without battery in the front usb port. 33960497-a9b4-4e58-accf-f100bc718934
  6. Why is there a region error when i try to order a controller from Xbox design labs?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is there a region error when i try to order a controller from Xbox design labs?: So I am trying to order a Fallout controller from the Design Labs page when i encounter an error each time i try to pay for the custom contoller. I says: "region" is required. Enter and try...
  7. why won't my controller work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why won't my controller work?: my controller will not work with minecraft. 2e4cb778-3a95-4135-abf7-2f8e4a9d12ca
  8. Why is my controller acting like the left joystick is being pushed to the left?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my controller acting like the left joystick is being pushed to the left?: I don’t know why but my series S controller started freaking out and pulling to the left without me moving it. It never did this before, but now it’s impossible for me to move it to the right one...
  9. Why does my wireless Xbox controller disconnect and reconnect repeatedly on my Chromebook?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my wireless Xbox controller disconnect and reconnect repeatedly on my Chromebook?: So, I recently got a new wireless Xbox controller so I can play Xbox Cloud Gaming when I am not at home. My controller works for all of my compatible devices except my Acer Chromebook (which is...
  10. Why does my Xbox controller keep disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox controller keep disconnecting: Why do my Xbox controllers keep disconnecting on my Xbox one but they work fine on my other Xbox’s? I have disconnected and reconnected the controller and changed the batteries, but the controller...