Why can a different account on my XBox not enjoy the content I purchased?

Discus and support Why can a different account on my XBox not enjoy the content I purchased? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My XBox is set to Home XBox. I purchased "The Elder Scrolls Online Deluxe Collection: Necrom" under my XBox Games Pass account. My Wife has had an... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Gilbert Morris, May 24, 2023.

1. Why can a different account on my XBox not enjoy the content I purchased?

My XBox is set to Home XBox.

I purchased "The Elder Scrolls Online Deluxe Collection: Necrom" under my XBox Games Pass account.

My Wife has had an account on my XBox for years. She is listed as a Family Member under the Family and Security options of the XBox.

The problem we are experiencing is that when she plays the game, it thinks that she needs to get some of the upgrades like "High Isle Upgrade" for instance. She also doesn't have access to all available classes during character creation, I think she can only pick like 3, where the others are claiming that she needs to upgrade to be able to select those particular classes.

However when I play, EVERYTHING is already available (minus the new content that hasn't been released yet).

What do I need to do in order to for my wife to be able to enjoy all the content that has been purchased and already installed on the console?

:)

Gilbert Morris, May 24, 2023
  2. Gilbert Morris Win User

According to How home Xbox and game sharing work | Xbox Support, under What can you share? ...

*************** Quoted Text ***************

Share these with anyone who signs in to your home Xbox:

• Your Xbox Live Gold subscription
    • Games and downloadable content from the Microsoft Store
    • Games from an Xbox Game Pass or Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription
    Account-specific items can’t always be shared. Some examples are:

• Game-specific content like Minecraft Skin Mashups or Halo REQ Packs purchased with in-game currencies
    • In-game currency such as Minecraft Coins
    • Certain pre-order bonuses and special edition content that can only be redeemed once
    *************** Quoted Text ***************

as for the game in question, there is no indication in the Microsoft Store that claims this content cannot be shared amongst all account on my Home XBox or that this content is account bound.

Also, when viewing this setting on my XBox, it doesn't say that this cannot be share among all accounts on my XBox.

It also says that "If you have Gold, your whole household gets to enjoy Gold." This too is misleading because when my Wife's logs in to her, account and select a game that is "Free with Xbox Live Gold", it is prompting her to Join Gold.
  3. WattyNuela Win User

Hello Gilbert, I was not able to find a specific article that can determine what you can share. But reviewing the content you say your wife can use, the High isle upgrade and the class restriction during character creating enter in the Game-specific content and special edition content category.
  4. Tezzarrific Win User

account specific items like skins, upgrades etc are usually not shareable with any game only proper dlc content is, same goes for seasonal content in games is account specific.
  5. WattyNuela Win User

Hello Gilbert, this is Manuela!. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you ready to assist with this.

In order to game share with your wife, you need to set your profile as "home Xbox" on her console.
    Or if both shares one console, please double check if your profile is the one with this setting enabled.

Please notice that not all the content can be shared.

If you need to know how to enable home Xbox and what you can share once enabled, you can visit the next article:
    https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...
  6. Gilbert Morris Win User

It is a shared console.

My Profile is the only one which has the Home XBox set.

The game in question is "The Elder Scrolls Online Deluxe Collection: Necrom".

There were no codes to redeem as it was an all-in-one digital download bundle.

Please advise as to what content, within this purchase, is not shareable.

Thank you in advance.
Thema:

1. Why can a different account on my XBox not enjoy the content I purchased? - Similar Threads - Why different account

2. Why are the rewards on the app different depending on location?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why are the rewards on the app different depending on location?: if I log in at my work which is a Swedish company, so it uses a Swedish VPN the rewards are greater and my connection at home which is UK.?. Why short change the UK? Also the Jewel reward is not...
  3. Why the Xbox charge me twice for fc24 in different price?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why the Xbox charge me twice for fc24 in different price?: I just purchased fc24 inside fifa23?And when I wanted to download it I couldn't find the game and then I go search outside the store then need me to purchase again in different price?how is this...
  4. When I unplug my xbox to move it to a different room why does it need to update. It isn't...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I unplug my xbox to move it to a different room why does it need to update. It isn't...: When I unplug my xbox to move it to a different room why does it need to update. It isn't even a couple of minutes a6043f89-fec2-47c0-83d5-0d3bde358e8f
  5. Why is my Xbox turning on another Xbox ? Both are on different tv’s and different outlets

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox turning on another Xbox ? Both are on different tv’s and different outlets: My Xbox keeps turning another Xbox even though they are connected to different tvs and plugged into different outlets. It’s annoying when one is turned on but turns off the other by turning it on...
  6. why can’t I game share the new mw3 on different accounts on the same Xbox?????

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why can’t I game share the new mw3 on different accounts on the same Xbox?????: bro idk why but just because we pre-ordered mw3 on a different account on the same Xbox, I can’t play mw3 on a different account on the same Xbox. it’s crazy how activision was greedy enough to do...
  7. Why do we still not have a way to move Xbox Gamertag to a different Microsoft Account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why do we still not have a way to move Xbox Gamertag to a different Microsoft Account?: Bit of a long post here, but my patience has worn a bit thin on this issue. So I have a gamertag from years before Microsoft Accounts even became a thing, but it's stuck on an email I've never...
  8. 2 accounts (outlook and Gmail)on 2 consoles in different rooms, why do I get shut off on...

in XBoX on Windows
    2 accounts (outlook and Gmail)on 2 consoles in different rooms, why do I get shut off on...: 2 different consoles with 2 different accounts, while using 1 and the other one is signed in you are dropped off on the first console. 708132b7-5ae4-45c5-a006-f69b41626f29
  9. Why do 2 different passwords work for the same Microsoft account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why do 2 different passwords work for the same Microsoft account?: I was trying to log onto Microsoft store with my x box account. I forgot my password and reset it but this Didn’t seem to reset it completely and now I have a separate password logging me in on my...
  10. Why can't I play two different Xbox consoles on different accounts in the same room?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play two different Xbox consoles on different accounts in the same room?: I have an Xbox One and an Xbox Series X plugged in running side by side on separate live accounts, and a Playstation 4 in another room. They all work fine, except the Xbox Series X. It keeps...