Why aren't my points matching or being added properly?

Discus and support Why aren't my points matching or being added properly? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; On my microsoft.com rewards page it says that I have 48955 points. And when I complete daily sets or if I get points from my bing searches it will add... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Chaij, Jul 16, 2022.

1. Chaij
    Chaij Guest

On my microsoft.com rewards page it says that I have 48955 points. And when I complete daily sets or if I get points from my bing searches it will add it to my points total accordingly.

But when I try to redeem my points for something it says I only have 45110 and the number will only go up when I turn in quests for Xbox Game Pass, ie. quests like play a game pass game today and play 'such and such game'. This is really frustrating since it has taken 60x's longer to have it even say that I have as many points as it says that I do.

Thanks to you for any help that you may provide and hopefully it can be remedied fairly easily through your end.

:)

Chaij, Jul 16, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Chaij

Is the issue happening today? Or are you experiencing this problem in the last days?

If it’s only today, try giving Microsoft rewards server a couple hours to update your points
    But just in case, check if your points are updated here:
    https://rewards.bing.com/

If that’s the case and the issue is happening only in the Xbox rewards app, try reinstalling it to see how it goes.

But if the points are not updated everywhere, first double check if Give mode is not enabled.
    If that’s not the case, the next step will be contact Microsoft rewards support, in that way they’re going to look further on your account and give you the missing points if necessary:

https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkID=823675

Hope it helps, if you have further questions don't hesitate to ask

Greetings from another Microsoft user!
  3. Nursemorph Win User

On the Rewards Home Page, in the Blue Bar near the top, there should be a Heart symbol (Just Giving)..click on "lifetime giving" and make sure it's disabled.

I had the same thing when I first activated Just giving, in that it wasn't just donating points from seaches etc like it was supposed to.

Ignore all this if you have never set up just giving before or if it's not active
  4. Chaij Win User

I am not sure how long it has been acting like that for, but i noticed it acting like that for probably a couple of weeks now. But somebody mentioned that i should turn off the Donate/Give points function so i did and it is now correctly adding up the number of points now. But i have had that on for a multitude of months and it had never done that until very recently now. So it looks like it is fixed but the number of points shown in both the Game Pass app and my Microsoft Rewards page still have different numbers for my total points, with one saying i can redeem them and the other saying i am still short some.
  5. Chaij Win User

Huh... That's interesting. I have turned the give function on many many many months ago, but it has never done this before. So it is very weird that it started to do that now all of a sudden, but when i turned off my points in the Xbox Game Pass app have gone up the amount that they should've for today, but my points totals are still not the same amounts when displayed on my Microsoft Rewards Page and the Game Pass app.

Thank you for your help!!! So far it seems to have worked and is acting more the way it should be :D
  6. CharlesProvencher Win User

Game Pass Quest points not being received

Thanks for the suggestions. I've never donated points, or used them for that matter. The daily ones show up randomly (but also sometimes don't). It's the large ones, the 50+ point quests that aren't being added to my total. So it's random.
Thema:

1. Why aren't my points matching or being added properly? - Similar Threads - Why aren't points

2. Why am I band? It says the details aren't available at this time. What did I say or do????

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I band? It says the details aren't available at this time. What did I say or do????: Why am I in trouble what did I do?? What rule did I brake??? I have people calling me a [mod removed] and nothing happens to them????? Why ef643ba3-0a1f-4b28-aade-4f624fbd8aa1
  3. Why aren't all games available on the Xbox app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why aren't all games available on the Xbox app?: I bought the pc gamepass this month and it shows many games on the browser but when i open the xbox app to download a game , most of them don't appear such as Fifa, hi-fi rush, Ghostwire Tokyo and...
  4. Why have I lost my clips that I uploaded to OneDrive and aren't all there?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why have I lost my clips that I uploaded to OneDrive and aren't all there?: I just uploaded 146 clips to OneDrive I wait till my Xbox said it was uploaded then deleted some for space and I've lost everything? And on my OneDrive I only have 6?...
  5. Why when I copy Xbox captures to external hard drive the captures aren't showing up afterwards?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why when I copy Xbox captures to external hard drive the captures aren't showing up afterwards?: I recently formatted an external hard drive to back up my Xbox captures to on account of the cloud saves being deleted soon. The drive is recognized as a media storage, and I can even see my new...
  6. Why aren't the gamertags "a Dc" and "zlq" freed up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why aren't the gamertags "a Dc" and "zlq" freed up: I checked when these accounts last played and it said that: - zlq last played 15 years ago - a Dc last played 12 years ago To my knowledge, gamertags of accounts that haven't been touched in 5...
  7. When playing an Xbox 360 game through my Series X, why aren't achievements carried across?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When playing an Xbox 360 game through my Series X, why aren't achievements carried across?: Discovered whilst playing Assassin's Creed on my Xbox Series X; achievements I unlocked during my playthrough did grant an Xbox 360 "achievement unlocked banner" but did not contribute anything to...
  8. Why is there aren't any option to diminish brightness or turn off the Xbox logo's light...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is there aren't any option to diminish brightness or turn off the Xbox logo's light...: Hello, Why in 2023, there isn't any options yet on PC, to configure the logo's light brightness of a Xbox standard controller with the "Xbox Accessories" app from the Microsoft Store, unlike on...
  9. Why aren't my digital games saved to my xbox?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why aren't my digital games saved to my xbox?: If I were to delete my account there is documentation that states that any games that were purchased on this account will be deleted. Why is that? If I payed for the games I feel like I should be...
  10. Why aren't my clips uploading to xbox network?!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why aren't my clips uploading to xbox network?!: My clips say they are uploaded to the network but when I go to share they say they need uploaded again. I have restarted, change ny settings, everything I can think of. Yet they don't upload,...