Why are xbox Controllers so bad at connecting to a pc?

Discus and support Why are xbox Controllers so bad at connecting to a pc? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have owned many pc's and xbox controllers and they never work very well with each other. Sometimes the controller randomly disconnects and because... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Alex_740, Oct 24, 2022.

1. Alex_740
    Alex_740 Guest

I have owned many pc's and xbox controllers and they never work very well with each other. Sometimes the controller randomly disconnects and because there is no "connect" button in the settings I have to remove the device and reconnect it manually. This is very annoying because on my xbox console it wokes fine. they always connect without me having to do anything. I hope Windows fixes this sometime soon, but does someone have an app for me to use in the meantime? I would be very thankful for answers.

:)

Alex_740, Oct 24, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Alex_740

Is this happening when you connect the controllers via bluetooth?

I ask this because as stated here: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

"The Xbox Wireless Controller can connect via Bluetooth to many PCs, tablets, laptops, and VR/AR headsets. However, reliability is dependent on the device’s Bluetooth card and experiences may vary."

Xbox consoles use a proprietary connection protocol, this is why the experience isn't the same when using bluetooth on PC
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

What version of Bluetooth is on your computer?
  4. PR3D4T0R X4 Win User

Controller connectivity, why is it so bad?

5. Ghoul xo Win User

So Why is the Xbox PC App so Bad?

The app is garbage, it disallows me from using my mic to speak in parties for literally no reason, it works perfectly on every other communication application, but on the Xbox App it just blasts static down the mic. Broken ass app please fix.
  6. Jomari Arc Win User

Adding Xbox One Controller Drivers Windows 10

Hi,

There are several reasons why an Xbox controller does not work on Windows 10 PC. We can try to connect the controller via wireless, here is a

link
    on how to troubleshoot and connect an Xbox controller via wireless.

We'll keep an eye on your response.
Thema:

1. Why are xbox Controllers so bad at connecting to a pc? - Similar Threads - Why are Controllers

2. Why is my controller unresponsive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my controller unresponsive?: My Xbox controller randomly stopped working last night.It can turn on and the light stays on still, but none of the buttons etc respond. When I unpaired and tried to pair it to my Xbox again, it...
  3. Why won't the controller stay connected?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't the controller stay connected?: I have read all related questions and suggestions. Nothing is a permanent fix and I'd rather not switch systems. If there isn't a fix for this , switching is the I kt option left...
  4. Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty: Last week, I sent my Elite Two controller for repair because the buttons started to wear down. However, after getting it back, one of the pads (P2) is unresponsive and requires very hard presses...
  5. Why wont my controller work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my controller work: My controller worked normally untill today i tryed to turn it on and didnt work the light came on and i tryed to plug it in and it plugged in but still dosnt work , when trying to connect it it...
  6. Why doesn't my controller and wheel/pedals work in Forza 5 anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn't my controller and wheel/pedals work in Forza 5 anymore.: Hi everyone. I really needs some help. I have an Xbox Series X, two hand controllers and one Thrustmaster TMX wheel and pedals. The Xbox and controllers are up to date and so is the driver for...
  7. Why my xbox serie s controller keep flashing when I plug it without battery in the front...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my xbox serie s controller keep flashing when I plug it without battery in the front...: My xbox serie s controller keep flashing only when I plug it without battery in the front usb port. 33960497-a9b4-4e58-accf-f100bc718934
  8. Why is there a region error when i try to order a controller from Xbox design labs?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is there a region error when i try to order a controller from Xbox design labs?: So I am trying to order a Fallout controller from the Design Labs page when i encounter an error each time i try to pay for the custom contoller. I says: "region" is required. Enter and try...
  9. why won't my controller work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why won't my controller work?: my controller will not work with minecraft. 2e4cb778-3a95-4135-abf7-2f8e4a9d12ca
  10. Why is my controller acting like the left joystick is being pushed to the left?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my controller acting like the left joystick is being pushed to the left?: I don’t know why but my series S controller started freaking out and pulling to the left without me moving it. It never did this before, but now it’s impossible for me to move it to the right one...