Why are updates - on ANY device - constantly failing?????

Discus and support Why are updates - on ANY device - constantly failing????? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've got an Xbox One S, an Xbox Series X and a Windows Laptop. There's been a host of issues in the past 2 months with updates failing, needing to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Nedders77, Mar 2, 2022.

1. Nedders77
    Nedders77 Guest

I've got an Xbox One S, an Xbox Series X and a Windows Laptop. There's been a host of issues in the past 2 months with updates failing, needing to reset consoles, and so on, but it's now got to a point where I'm seriously considering selling the whole bloody lot and going with Sony.

Can anyone from this community please, please explain why updates:

- won't be found

- won't start

- won't complete

- fail/stop

I have done hundreds of gigabytes of space, have set the 'second' console up as home console, but no matter what I do these updates just do not work and it's getting worse and worse and worse. Currently there's a Fortnite update that won't update on either console, an Apex Legends update that the Xbox One S won't/can't even 'find' so the game won't/can't launch, a Forze update that stops at about 2Gb. To cap it off, I tried to download a game (Full Throttle) to my laptop via the Xbox App, and it spent an hour "preparing" and it's STILL at 0%.

The consoles are all updated, but it just seems an absolute (mod Removed) of a system. Is there some issue with having multiple devices on Gamepass? Am I doing something obviously wrong? All devices are connected to the internet, is there an issue with my service provider? Home hub? I'm giving it til Friday, then if somebody wants a laptop, Xbox One and Xbox Series X, I'm open to offers. Absolutely sick of Microsoft and these escalating issues.

:)

Nedders77, Mar 2, 2022
  2. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

Hello Nedders77,

Sorry to hear you are having problems updating games your consoles and PC. When did this start happening?

Can you tell me what error you are seeing when you try to update your game? Are you getting a specific error code?

On your PC, do you have any antivirus, antimalware, VPN, firewall and PC Optimizer installed in the PC that may be interfering?

Having multiple devices on GamePass does not affect your service, however logging into the same account on multiple devices at the same time will cause you to disconnect from the previous session.

Here are some troubleshooting steps you can follow to see if it helps alleviate any of the issues.

Troubleshoot slow game or app downloads | Xbox Support

-Hayabusa
  3. elkatsa Win User

Xbox one controller cuts out/disconnects

Are there any solutions to this issue yet? It seems that after the July update, and controller firmware update, I've started having this issue. The controller will constantly disconnect after 15-20 mins without fail. I've been fine until the last updates.
    It's getting ridiculous after a month or so of this issue.

Any solutions yet?
  4. XBF Amber M Win User

Xbox constantly failing updates.

Hi Shinib,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums with this issue. Sorry to hear that you're getting error codes and having trouble with updating your Xbox One console. If you're receiving errors in relation to your system (usually begins with an "E"),
    then you'll want to troubleshoot using our Xbox One Startup Error Solution. Any other type of
    error codes can be looked up using our Error & Status Code Searchfor troubleshooting steps.

Additionally, if your profile or console are enrolled in our Preview Program for Xbox Insiders, the troubleshooting may not work as intended. If you are an Xbox Insider, we recommend reaching out on the
    Xbox Insiders Reddit pagefor further help.

You can also report this problem using the Xbox Insider Hub app on your console or from PC (even if not an Xbox Insider) so we can investigate it further:

1. On your console, install the Xbox Insider Hubapp (if you don’t already have it).
    2. Hold down the Xboxbutton on the controller.
    3. On the power menu, select Report a problem.
    4. Describe the problem in detail, including when it happened, if you saw any specific error codes or messages, and if you were using any specific games, software, hardware, or accessories when you encountered the problem.

Give the troubleshooting a try and please let us know the results.

I hope that this helps you out!
  5. xCrazy z Shinib Win User

ive done all of the regular troubleshooting, downloaded and tried to install OSU1 from support page, but still i get the E101 error code when console is preparing itself to receive the update. ill try look up on insiders page on reddit for related informations
    of my problem. ill update here as soon as i get something new! thank you
  6. {Parity} Win User

If you are in the insider/preview program you should report the problem to that group.

Try performing a hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely.
    Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes.
    Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.
Thema:

1. Why are updates - on ANY device - constantly failing????? - Similar Threads - Why are updates

2. Why wont my Xbox S update.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my Xbox S update.: Getting error code 0x80070070 0x00000000 0x90130005 and its not listed. Xbox S, trying to update console. 184aafa9-e132-49ed-a625-abbbef31bdfc
  3. Why do games like MW3 force an update which takes forever?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do games like MW3 force an update which takes forever?: Its 2024 and bandwidth is a solved problem. Why am I paying subscription fees and over $100 to play a game that doesn't have modern reliability. MW3 updates at least once a month and more or less...
  4. Xbox update please tell me why I keep getting the fixing update

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox update please tell me why I keep getting the fixing update: Guys I have a question do you know if they're going to add like any more featured updates to the Xbox beta insider program because I have been getting only updates stating for the workaround of...
  5. Prior to the update, why did random videos from my Xbox get deleted?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Prior to the update, why did random videos from my Xbox get deleted?: I know about that big stupid update that Microsoft decided to implement, that’s not the question here. The question is, I have a video capture from Battlefield 3 from way back, but not from a...
  6. Why is my Xbox one so slow on system updates?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is my Xbox one so slow on system updates?: Why is my Xbox one so slow on system updates? It takes hrs and I have a superb connection. I spend a bit on here too, makes me want to throw it away. 927a8f13-bb2c-4c9f-9d0c-0f5ec2c295d7
  7. Why doesn't the keyboard work for menu navigation after system update?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why doesn't the keyboard work for menu navigation after system update?: After the system update (1/16/2024) I no longer can use my keyboard to go through the menu. What gives? df6c6846-972e-4461-984f-407d9292ec6c
  8. Why is my Xbox one telling me to update consoles location?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is my Xbox one telling me to update consoles location?: I'm trying to open Microsoft rewards but when I click on it to open it on my Xbox one it comes up saying Update your consoles location even though it's set to my location....
  9. why did it ask me to let xbox app control my device during an update on my new surface pro?...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why did it ask me to let xbox app control my device during an update on my new surface pro?...: why did it ask me to let xbox app control my device during an update on my new surface pro? Does it have access to any of my information? Why would I want xbox app to control my device? I don't...
  10. Why can't my xbox reach step 3 when updating?, it keeps sending me back to the "start...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't my xbox reach step 3 when updating?, it keeps sending me back to the "start...: Xbox update Update error Restart Offline update ddfd9111-02a9-40b8-bb9f-1f90ad3ad176