Why are there two versions of gta 5 on my console and why does my xbox demand i download...

Discus and support Why are there two versions of gta 5 on my console and why does my xbox demand i download... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Ive been on n off Gta V for years like most idk when exactly the identical copy appeared in my files/library Ive never had major issues with this bug... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Darknoss ., Mar 20, 2023.

1. Darknoss .
    Darknoss . Guest

Why are there two versions of gta 5 on my console and why does my xbox demand i download...

Ive been on n off Gta V for years like most idk when exactly the identical copy appeared in my files/library Ive never had major issues with this bug besides when going to re install gta its hard to tell/remember which one is the 'proper' game but once installed i can acess gta V n Gta V online no issue recently i cannot join friends on gta 5 due to "not having the game installed" meaning its rerouting the invite to the other identical version of gta even though that version doesnt have online capabilities (i know that due to accidentally installing it a while ago and failed to ever connect to a gta 5 online server) would love any help this is the first xbox problem thats completely stumped me n Microsoft support

:)

Darknoss ., Mar 20, 2023
  2. II DXRK II YT Win User

Why does it Kick me from my XboX live party, when I make a Looking For Group (LFG) post?

Thanks, for you response, but as I expected, the problem does persist, even though I have done that.

However, I've tried with it seems to be only with two of my games, those being both of the GTA 5 versions that I have, I'm not sure why these are the affected ones.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

GTA V bought on xbox 360 but not present on series S

Hi,

The 360 version of GTA V is not backwards compatible with Xbox One or Series X/S. This is why it does not appear on your download list on the new console. You need the Xbox One version.
  4. Juhn Jac Win User

Why are there two versions of gta 5 on my console and why does my xbox demand i download both to join friends even though im actively in a gta 5 online session

Hi Darknoss .

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your issue has already been resolved. We will not be tracking this topic going forward, therefore, if you need further assistance, please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking on this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Sincerely

Microsoft Forum Moderator
  5. ngocphi Win User

Why are there two versions of gta 5 on my console and why does my xbox demand i download both to join friends even though im actively in a gta 5 online session

Well depends

Are you both on the same console generation or different t

If Xbox one and a series consoles then yes you MUST have the same copy to play with each other if you have a series console and he has a xbox one then yes you have to play the xbox one copy as its not cross play compatible

If you are in a mixed group of consoles you all have to play the same generation game to play together

That means if one person has xbox one you all have to play the xbox one copy or at least the group that wants to play with the xbox one player
  6. Juhn Jac Win User

Ive been on n off Gta V for years like most idk when exactly the identical copy appeared in my files/library Ive never had major issues with this bug besides when going to re install gta its hard to tell/remember which one is the 'proper' game but once installed i can acess gta V n Gta V online no issue recently i cannot join friends on gta 5 due to "not having the game installed" meaning its rerouting the invite to the other identical version of gta even though that version doesnt have online capabilities (i know that due to accidentally installing it a while ago and failed to ever connect to a gta 5 online server) would love any help this is the first xbox problem thats completely stumped me n Microsoft support
    Hi Darknoss .

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that this situation is difficult, and it might be affecting your gaming experience, let’s work on this together as team to get to the bottom of this.

For me to better understand the issue, I’d like to ask a few questions:

1. When did the issue start?
    2. Can you please provide us a photo of the duplicate copy that appeared on your library files?
    3. Were you able to multiplay?

We look forward to your reply.

Sincerely

Microsoft Forum Moderator
Thema:

1. Why are there two versions of gta 5 on my console and why does my xbox demand i download... - Similar Threads - Why are versions

2. Why there is no pro version of xbox series xs coming ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why there is no pro version of xbox series xs coming ?: Is it true that there is no xbox pro coming this year while ps5 getting a pro version? 743a9054-79cc-415a-9920-f13b042d94e3
  3. My Xbox S won’t let me download the past version of Minecraft why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox S won’t let me download the past version of Minecraft why?: I’ve hade this Xbox for almost two years no complications but it won’t let me download the older version of Minecraft no matter how many times I press install and then is says Install you can play...
  4. Why does Xbox one version of GTA online work on series x but not the series x version

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Xbox one version of GTA online work on series x but not the series x version: I recently got a series x and I can Xbox one version just fine on the console but I keep getting the error message files needed to play GTA online could not be downloaded.ive spoke to rockstar and...
  5. Why is it making me pay for the java version of minecraft if I have bedrock?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is it making me pay for the java version of minecraft if I have bedrock?: I have had bedrock for years and I can still play it. It just won't let me get java. It makes me pay for it. It says it should be included with my version. 72b1bd83-5e7c-4b72-ae89-427805de7059
  6. Why does my cursor keep teleporting after i right click in roblox microsoft version

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my cursor keep teleporting after i right click in roblox microsoft version: right after installing microsoft roblox every time i right click my cursor keep ending up on a whole diffrent place, everytime i right click to change my pov it keep teleporting the cursor into...
  7. Why and how when u update ur Xbox one the latest version after 5yrs staying the same...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why and how when u update ur Xbox one the latest version after 5yrs staying the same...: Hi so I fixed my Xbox when it was not turning one after 5yrs when u update it to latest version and suddenly all ur accs that was saved in there are gone and why!!??...
  8. Why can't i install the Xbox One version of a game, with the Xbox Series?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't i install the Xbox One version of a game, with the Xbox Series?: Just bought a series X. Wanted to play Mortal Kombat 11 again, but dont care about the X/S version and wanted to re-download the Version for the One. I have an external for such games. and most...
  9. Why is Xbox app using console versions of my games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is Xbox app using console versions of my games?: So i am having a seemingly unique issue. When I launch the Xbox App it does not display any PC games I have played nor does it display the ones i have installed. It also says I need to download...
  10. Why is my fc24 currency in $ when i purchased a uk version

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my fc24 currency in $ when i purchased a uk version: i have purchased a copy of fc24 as a download but when i started to play the currency is in dollars not British pound. I have not any issues with any previous versions of FIFA. Can anybody help me...