Why are the games by default installed in German language and how can I set it to English?

Discus and support Why are the games by default installed in German language and how can I set it to English? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, Problem: games from Game Pass install by default in German language. I need to have them in English. I am subscribed to Game Pass Ultimate. My... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by IgorZhilin, Aug 20, 2022.

1. IgorZhilin
    IgorZhilin Guest

Why are the games by default installed in German language and how can I set it to English?

Hi,

Problem: games from Game Pass install by default in German language.

I need to have them in English.

I am subscribed to Game Pass Ultimate.

My Windows 10 display language settings is English.

My Windows 10 regional format is German (Swtizerland).

Which setting do I need to change to have them in English?

I have this problem for a long time and still have not figured it out.

Thanks.

:)

IgorZhilin, Aug 20, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this IgorZhilin

May I know if you tried changing your regional format to English too?

If maybe the issue persists please change the Windows display language to English (United States)

Restart your PC and give it a new try.

Let me know how it goes with each option
  3. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Think I understand the problem now !

Indeed the game supports german language as well, yet your console region should be set to Germany and your default language should be set to german in order to play Dishonored in that language.
  4. FG457 Win User

skate. (Xbox 360) in French on Xbox Series X (Backwards Compatibility)

Ok thank you, that actually solved my problem! :)

The game apparently defaults to French when the language is set to English (and only French and German are available languages for the game).

My region was set to Germany for some time but my console was always set to English. And the game always defaulted to French. So the game doesn't care about my region settings and only checks the language settings. When changing the console/system language to German the game is also German (English is not an option and when set as the system language changes the games language to French).
  5. FG457 Win User

skate. (Xbox 360) in French on Xbox Series X (Backwards Compatibility)

Thank you for your time, the problem was solved!

Explanation:

The game apparently defaults to French when the language is set to English (and only French and German are available languages for the game).

My region was set to Germany for some time but my console was always set to English. And the game always defaulted to French. So the game doesn't care about my region settings and only checks the language settings. When changing the console/system language to German the game is also German (English is not an option and when set as the system language changes the games language to French).
  6. col Skowronski Win User

Xbox game pass for isn't in english

Hello and welcome to the forums.

If you are using PC, make sure your default Windows OS and also BIOS default languages are set to English.

If you are using Xbox console - check language in the settings and also the account region. In some instances if you registered account in another market, it may not be possible to download other languages and local content per content item. So if you have
    German account, the downloaded content would be served in German as default, while the setting can be overwritten either through settings > languages or within the game/app.

Let me know if you require further assistance.

Best Wishes.
Thema:

1. Why are the games by default installed in German language and how can I set it to English? - Similar Threads - Why are games

2. Why cant I open a game after installation. Every time I double click ,it says 'If your...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant I open a game after installation. Every time I double click ,it says 'If your...: When I was scrolling through xbox app , I found an option called 'SURPRISE ME' . When I clicked on that it showed Marvels Guardians of the Galaxy , INSTALL . Normally if someone have to download a...
  3. Why Xbox Game Pass Is Not Available In Pakistan?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why Xbox Game Pass Is Not Available In Pakistan?: Why Xbox Game Pass Is Not Available In Pakistan? f498164b-f094-4669-833c-7fe53d1b023f
  4. Why is there no sound for me in the Callisto protocol can’t play the game with no sound is...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is there no sound for me in the Callisto protocol can’t play the game with no sound is...: Have anyone have sound issues in the game Callisto protocol daa022a7-6187-4d8d-a42f-fd66622bc176
  5. Why do I get double coins on the daily challenge when my partner doesn't? Same games, same...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I get double coins on the daily challenge when my partner doesn't? Same games, same...: Why do I get double coins on the daily challenge when my partner doesn't? Same games, same day, same exact time. 28fcaa4e-b0bf-4b77-8c66-4ff433d376d7
  6. Why do I get double coins when I complete a daily challenge game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I get double coins when I complete a daily challenge game?: Why do I get double coins when I complete a daily challenge game? 3db41fd1-9939-4043-bcd1-0a812c835efd
  7. Why can’t I download games I own on Xbox to PC?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I download games I own on Xbox to PC?: when I view Red Dead Redemption 2 in Microsoft store, which I own on my Xbox one s, I tried downloading the game because I already own it on Xbox, but when I try to download it on Microsoft Store...
  8. Why did I lose the progress on all of my games?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did I lose the progress on all of my games?: So, I have had my Xbox one for a while and recently just got it back from a friend that I let borrow it temporarily. While they had my console, they used their own account and mine had been signed...
  9. Why can't I access online game features on 1 account but the other accounts are fine?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I access online game features on 1 account but the other accounts are fine?: So I was trying to play halo infinite with some friends but it said I had to "authenticate with services" so I waited and I got into the menu but I was unable to join my friends fireteam or play...
  10. Why do I have to download the game again?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I have to download the game again?: Hi, my question is: Why do I have to download Battlefield 2042 when I already have it? I'm explain myself. I bought this game a month before you launch it on your platform GamePass, now I'm...