Why are the controllers such a scam and does Microsoft plan on fixing them?

Discus and support Why are the controllers such a scam and does Microsoft plan on fixing them? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have gone through so many Xbox controllers with stick drift it is ridiculous. I purchased the Xbox Series S just to have my controller conveniently... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by B_148, May 16, 2024.

1. B_148
    B_148 Guest

I have gone through so many Xbox controllers with stick drift it is ridiculous. I purchased the Xbox Series S just to have my controller conveniently get stick drift exactly 1 month after the 1-year warranty expired. These controllers run $60 a pop. Is Microsoft ever going to create a product that last longer than a year? Thoughts?

:)

B_148, May 16, 2024
  2. ngocphi Win User

You know newgen controllers are out right? Keep in mind analog sticks have been around forever drift happens depending on use

With driftless capabilities because you can recalibrate for deadzones on the device

They cost a bunch

200 plus unless you buy wired

Hall effects controllers came out last year

And a load of new features multi profile custom button mapping

Back padels

Haptic feedback

Adaptive triggers etc
  3. The Deagnos Win User

Elite series 2 controller

My elite series 2 rb button doesnt work and i cant find a replacement button how do i fix this
    Microsoft knew the controllers were defective and still sold them as a good product. they wont do anything to fix your controller because its most like out of warranty thats why the warranty was so short. The whole elite series 2 was a scam

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/defective-xbox-series-2-elite-controller-and-class/2b11a3b7-d094-4073-97b7-da1dafba71ce
  4. Auswulf Win User

Reset Alert Confirmation?

Obvious scam is obvious. Why would Microsoft ask for your password and details it smells of a scam.
  5. KOtheOGODHDSHOT Win User

Wierd noise in MP ?

My headset does that and I have no idea why or how to fix it. I plan on just buying a new one anyways.
  6. Ullas H Win User

Every Xbox controller I own ends up having a disfunctional right bumper button, sometimes within 3 months of getting the controller

Cliff,

I purchased all of my controllers from Microsoft. That is why I am asking on the forums for help. Since my controllers are out of warranty, is there any way to get them fixed?
Thema:

1. Why are the controllers such a scam and does Microsoft plan on fixing them? - Similar Threads - Why are controllers

2. Why does my controller blink twice and then shut off?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller blink twice and then shut off?: For the past several hours, my controller has been flashing twice, and then powering itself off—only to do it again a few seconds later. This problem started earlier when the batteries in my...
  3. Why is my RB on my XBOX Series S controller making a buzzing/springing noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my RB on my XBOX Series S controller making a buzzing/springing noise: my RB on my controller is making a buzzing/springing noise, the RB works but that noise is annoying me. it happened a couple of days ago cdbea244-a9d6-4544-be4f-9143677d077e
  4. Why wont any of my 4 controllers connect to either of my two consoles?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont any of my 4 controllers connect to either of my two consoles?: I have 2 xbox one S consoles, 4 seperate controllers. We cannot get any controller to connect to either of the two consoles. Have tried pair buttons etc, all controllers were working fine untill...
  5. Why does my controller disconnect when wire is moved up or when it lays on the back

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller disconnect when wire is moved up or when it lays on the back: Whenever I move Xbox cable slightly up it automatically disconnects. I’ve tried 4 different cables that work with anything else but with my Xbox series s controller it works until i lay it on its...
  6. Why do my batteries always say they have medium charge when I plug them into my controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do my batteries always say they have medium charge when I plug them into my controller?: I have rechargeable batteries and when I charge them, it says it’s fully charged. Once I put them in the controller and I go through my settings to see how much charge I have left, it says Medium...
  7. I don't know why my controller does this.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I don't know why my controller does this.: I have an Xbox One with an Xbox One controller, but when I try to use it, it turns my Xbox on but then disconnects. Because of that I have to use it wired. I changed the batteries but that didn't...
  8. Why is my controller unresponsive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my controller unresponsive?: My Xbox controller randomly stopped working last night.It can turn on and the light stays on still, but none of the buttons etc respond. When I unpaired and tried to pair it to my Xbox again, it...
  9. Why won't the controller stay connected?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't the controller stay connected?: I have read all related questions and suggestions. Nothing is a permanent fix and I'd rather not switch systems. If there isn't a fix for this , switching is the I kt option left...
  10. Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty: Last week, I sent my Elite Two controller for repair because the buttons started to wear down. However, after getting it back, one of the pads (P2) is unresponsive and requires very hard presses...