Why are so many unwarranted bans having their appeals denied?

Discus and support Why are so many unwarranted bans having their appeals denied? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; For example, I was playing Destiny 2 in ranked. One of the game modes is an attrition style where your team has a shared pool of lives. One of my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by SILENCOM, Feb 22, 2023.

1. SILENCOM
    SILENCOM Guest

For example, I was playing Destiny 2 in ranked. One of the game modes is an attrition style where your team has a shared pool of lives. One of my random teammates immediately started jumping off the map, presumably to end the game faster, which was going to derank our score unjustly.

I messaged him to stop or that I'd be reporting him, and he responded with "I tried but you both suck so I didn't bother."

That's when I responded with the below message, clearly referencing his actions in the game. 31 days later after this was long forgotten by all parties, I wake up to this ban. After reading the message they flagged, I appeal and explain I wasn't referencing him to do such a thing in reality, but was accusing him of doing it in the game where it negatively impacted his team.

Later that night, appeal denied. Really? So I Google Xbox bans and what do I find? Story after story of unwarranted bans that have been upheld for literally no reason.

The moderation team needs to learn about context, nuance, and intent. People are paying for this service and an insane amount of them are being banned unjustly. I'm at the point where I don't even want to message anyone for any reason anymore, forbid that some moderator on a power trip misunderstands yet another conversation and holds my account ransom for something I haven't done.

There needs to be an appeals process that goes beyond this team because they've demonstrated that they're far from competent in determining what's actually harassment.

Why are so many unwarranted bans having their appeals denied? [​IMG]

:)

SILENCOM, Feb 22, 2023
  2. X TheNerdHerd X Win User

My Xbox account was banned and charged for ultimate game pass even though I can't even use it?

It's a permanent ban, and I have zero access to any support. I have tried calling and everything. I don't know who to contact, or why they are even charging me on a permanently banned account. I tried to appeal but they denied it.
  3. Smwutches Win User

I just got my xbox account permanelty banned and I have never done anything wrong, but they denied my appeal. What else can I do to get it back?

Submitting an appeal is the only possible way to have a ban lifted. If the enforcement team denied the appeal, there is nothing else that can be done.
  4. Smwutches Win User

Is there any way that I can get unbanned or dispute my ban?

Submitting an appeal is the only way to possibly have the ban lifted. If the enforcement team denied the appeal, there is nothing else that can be done.
  5. Smwutches Win User

Is it possible to be unbanned of a permanent ban?

An appeal would be the only possible way to have a ban removed. If the enforcement team denied the appeal, there is nothing else that can be done.
  6. Main: DanGaynham Win User

Can u get unbanned from a permanent ban?

As i said, I did a case review but I didn’t have any details as to why I was banned initially so I had no idea on what the case review was about so they denied my appeal. Which did not mention me using a XIM anywhere
Thema:

1. Why are so many unwarranted bans having their appeals denied? - Similar Threads - Why are many

2. Why do so many Xbox series x refuse to read certain game discs? But will read others fine....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do so many Xbox series x refuse to read certain game discs? But will read others fine....: Urgent Attention Needed: Persistent Disc Reading Issue on Xbox Series X Dear Microsoft Support Team, I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to address a recurring issue with my...
  3. Why does the right bumper fail on so many Elite 2 controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the right bumper fail on so many Elite 2 controllers?: Since customer support was unable to help me I figure I would try here before deciding whether or not to buy anymore Xbox hardware. I've had 2 Xbox elite 2 controllers stop working. Both had the...
  4. Why does my Xbox series s have so many bugs ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox series s have so many bugs ?: I’ve had this Xbox series s for about a year now and taken care of it perfectly but I’ve randomly started to encounter bugs after bugs after more random bugs so first I was experiencing really bad...
  5. Why are we so many racist players allowed to send messages online without proper...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why are we so many racist players allowed to send messages online without proper...: Myself and kids are often sent racist messages online. Nothing ever gets sorted. Wondering whether going to the media may help bring this to peoples attention. Microsoft don't seem keen to help....
  6. After so many years, why is xbox cloud gaming still in beta and doesn't have support from...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    After so many years, why is xbox cloud gaming still in beta and doesn't have support from...: Question posed above. While it's a great concept, with many people going to digital copies with minimal storage on the new consoles. Why is the cloud gaming still so poor? Servers need a massive...
  7. Why do I need online to install many xbox one games like:

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I need online to install many xbox one games like:: Why do I need to install games via online like- Mass Effect Legendary Edition Planet Coaster Walking Dead Destinies Jurassic world Evolution 2 c6839a48-e4f5-42bf-8ab0-ad59478ae1af
  8. Why does Minecraft have so many problems?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Minecraft have so many problems?: I recently downloaded Minecraft from the Microsoft store and I have a problem. After downloading the launcher I went ahead and installed the java edition. After downloading it the game didn't...
  9. Why did xbox change how many points you get for earning the daily Achievement

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did xbox change how many points you get for earning the daily Achievement: Why did xbox change the daily achievement reward from 50 to 5 points! that is so stupid!!!! it takes a lot longer to do that then any other reward!! Is there any way to start something for them to...
  10. Why when I submitted a refund request it said a have made to many request this year when I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why when I submitted a refund request it said a have made to many request this year when I...: So when I check the refund requests it says declined why I have never refunded a game and also I read over people’s requests it says that they got an email about there refund but I did not This...