Why are screennames limited down to 11 characters?

Discus and support Why are screennames limited down to 11 characters? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My screen names I had before still work like Black Hole Sun, these are really cool names due to Xbox's unique ability to have a space, but now the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by DiaboIa, Nov 7, 2021.

1. DiaboIa
    DiaboIa Guest

My screen names I had before still work like Black Hole Sun, these are really cool names due to Xbox's unique ability to have a space, but now the names have been limited by whoever made the mistake of implementing the hashtag system. In order to have hashtags, now all names are limited to 11 or 12 letters unless they were created before the new system, thus eliminating the ability to use spaces anymore because the names are too short for first and last names or descriptive words and last names. There are 1/1000th or so the available screennames now that spaces are limited to 11 letters, to help add the hashtag numbers, but I do not use the hashtag system because it makes the name look really bad. It shows up in real games like Grand Theft Auto and Mortal Kombat 11 and it is an eyesore because you always see them all of the time, but mainly, it is impossible to make even just first and last names having the limitations of the hashtag names although not using them, if you are just making a name with 3 or 4 words and spaces because you never make screennames with hash tags, you need to be able to not have a limited number of characters, plus adding x 3 times after a name because it has been chosen is no longer available, but that is all that will fit once characters are limited. So in closing, I really enjoy the spaces in my names and the cool first and last names really help make the characters realistic and fun to play. I have abandoned my pIaystation accounts due to not having spaces and it is something I hope to continue someday, making screennames and I hope new players can have a chance to do this just like us older players have, so please bring back the ability to create screennames with spaces in them like around up to 27 characters or so and before hash tags are added to name changes, show the new name with the hashtags, I have discarded all accounts where I changed the name, only to find the numbers were added without my knowledge afterward, otherwise I would not have changed them, thus destroying my name and free name change on the account.

:)

DiaboIa, Nov 7, 2021
  2. DiaboIa Win User

I mean with the new account it's free, but it's possible for 10 bucks any account.
  3. ngocphi Win User

Ya that no longer applies this is why you don't social engineer yourself

It's is clickbait.You are paying him to make videoa by giving him views which monetizes you
  4. DiaboIa Win User

That doesn't work, you don't get the name it just puts a bunch of numbers after it and you get the name with numbers with it only, as for unique names that are 15 letters it ruins the names so you cannot use it.
  5. ngocphi Win User

It was becsuse people were complaining about not being able to get some names they wanted

This way everyone can havw the name they want minus 4 digits

You can avoid this by using 11 characters and having a unique name and hashtag won't show up

I was lucky to get this name lol
  6. DiaboIa Win User

There was a video on it, the guy logged into his account using his old Xbox 360, worked fine but he had to pay some money so he got the 15 letter long name he wanted. I tried it and you just make a new account and login with your new xbox and just login with the Xbox 360 to change it to 15 letters instead of the 12 letter limit that newer gen consoles have. This is great, but I still need access to screennames used up like 15 years ago where the players have abandoned them like 13 years ago.
Thema:

1. Why are screennames limited down to 11 characters? - Similar Threads - Why are screennames

2. Why won’t my headset connect?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won’t my headset connect?: I tried to join a party via the xbox game bar on my PC, because all of my friends are on their xbox’s, I’m getting audio from my games but it won’t connect to the xbox app, I tried going through...
  3. Why is my Xbox series X crashing and completely shutting down during games such as Chivalry...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox series X crashing and completely shutting down during games such as Chivalry...: I have spent over a year now dealing with this issue of my console shutting down mid game, and I have spoken with countless call center representatives from another country that has been very...
  4. why is my xbox running bad

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is my xbox running bad: i bought my series s a few years ago and for the past year it’s been running really bad like i don’t have a 120hz monitor. My monitor that i have right now is a 165hz so it is compatible with the...
  5. Why won't xbox tell people why their xbox got banned

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't xbox tell people why their xbox got banned: I have a friend who bought a fairly new xbox from Walmart in December 2023 now to ad some context this guy is stupid he doesn't know jack about software and how to hack program and tamper. He was...
  6. Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?: I am trying to play some black ops three zombies with my friends but I cannot join them because bo3 says my nat type is strict. But when I go to my Xbox's network settings it says open and all...
  7. why suspend my account

in XBoX Accessibility
    why suspend my account: Why log me out my account for that ive had for 12 years then when i put all the right information on the stuff its telling me to put in then it says im wrong And then when I ask for support it...
  8. Why when I use my Fortnite vbuck card and put in the Xbox code its say it already been used...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why when I use my Fortnite vbuck card and put in the Xbox code its say it already been used...: I followed the directions on the game and when I went to the Xbox code and went on my console it didn’t work it’s said it had already Been used and it was 1,000 vbuck on that card that I can’t use...
  9. “Can’t sign in” error when trying to sign in….why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    “Can’t sign in” error when trying to sign in….why?: [img] The problem is persistent and I can not seem to find any troubleshooting solutions at all. 3315c945-3c3b-4d5e-83c3-182458e7561a
  10. Why am I getting charge for MICROSOFT*ULTIMATE 1 MOMSBILL.INFO??I don't know what this is

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I getting charge for MICROSOFT*ULTIMATE 1 MOMSBILL.INFO??I don't know what this is: W I'm getting billed for[MICROSOFT*ULTIMATE 1 MOMSBILL.INFO] I don't know why or what it is?help please 71cfec8f-e672-4d9a-afdc-8f42dbbd5613