Why are my test download speeds different to my actual download speeds when...

Discus and support Why are my test download speeds different to my actual download speeds when... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When I test my download speeds on Xbox settings it says my download speed is 300+ mbps but when I’m actually downloading/updating a game my speeds are... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Joe Carter-Roberts, Dec 15, 2022.

1. Why are my test download speeds different to my actual download speeds when...

When I test my download speeds on Xbox settings it says my download speed is 300+ mbps but when I’m actually downloading/updating a game my speeds are only 25mpbs?

:)

Joe Carter-Roberts, Dec 15, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Why are my test download speeds different to my actual download speeds when downloading/updating a game?

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Joe, this happens because when you do the speed and network test through the Xbox, it sends a signal to Microsoft's Live servers, and depending on where you are, your internet connection etc the value can be high because of the proximity.

When you choose a game to download from the Xbox store, it only authenticates to Microsoft's servers to know that you own the game, but then it will download from the developer's servers, and the speed may vary from developer to developer. .
  3. NjyhaloPavati Win User

Download speed slow XB1

I am using a wired connection and when I did the speed tests, my download speed went up 50 Mbs but when I looked at the speed the game was actually downloading at, it was still mindbogglingly slow.
  4. Punctus Win User

Not able to achieve similar download speeds on Xbox compared to Desktop

Yes, any games or apps downloaded through the store are capped at the same speed showing in the speed test using Edge.
    While I also get less than optimal speeds when I speed test through Edge, my Marketplace downloads are consistent with my internet speed (granted, I "only" have 100Mbit, and due to the distance from the DSLAM I "only" get 70-80Mbit download speed).

So are the actual marketplace downloads when you download a game or an app equally slow?
  5. {Parity} Win User

Problem with downloading games

It could be a problem on the server side. Download speeds are dependent on a lot of factors so it is extremely rare to get full DL speeds while downloading files. You will almost always get much different speeds when doing speed tests than you do when
    download large files.
  6. xXHEADSHOTZ97Xx Win User

Keep getting disconnected from live every 5-10 minutes.

Every thing went fine when I testes my xbox live connection.

Here are my results for my network speed test.

Ping:42ms

Download speed:26.93mbps

Upload speed:4.80mbps
Thema:

Why are my test download speeds different to my actual download speeds when...

1. Why are my test download speeds different to my actual download speeds when... - Similar Threads - Why are test

2. Why won’t my headset connect?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won’t my headset connect?: I tried to join a party via the xbox game bar on my PC, because all of my friends are on their xbox’s, I’m getting audio from my games but it won’t connect to the xbox app, I tried going through...
  3. Why is my Xbox series X crashing and completely shutting down during games such as Chivalry...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox series X crashing and completely shutting down during games such as Chivalry...: I have spent over a year now dealing with this issue of my console shutting down mid game, and I have spoken with countless call center representatives from another country that has been very...
  4. why is my xbox running bad

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is my xbox running bad: i bought my series s a few years ago and for the past year it’s been running really bad like i don’t have a 120hz monitor. My monitor that i have right now is a 165hz so it is compatible with the...
  5. Why won't xbox tell people why their xbox got banned

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't xbox tell people why their xbox got banned: I have a friend who bought a fairly new xbox from Walmart in December 2023 now to ad some context this guy is stupid he doesn't know jack about software and how to hack program and tamper. He was...
  6. Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?: I am trying to play some black ops three zombies with my friends but I cannot join them because bo3 says my nat type is strict. But when I go to my Xbox's network settings it says open and all...
  7. Why when I test my network speed on oopla or my route app am I getting much lower latency...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why when I test my network speed on oopla or my route app am I getting much lower latency...: Why when I test my network speed on oopla or my route app am I getting much lower latency than when I test my speed through my xbox series x? 27f76be7-c89f-405b-89cc-afe45fbfbf6f
  8. Why does the xbox 360 xbox Live connection test not working for me

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the xbox 360 xbox Live connection test not working for me: I just bought a game for the xbox 360 since it's ending in a year and booted the game up, once I quit the game, it didn't let me connect to xbox Live, it always fails the xbox live connection test...
  9. Why do I only get 5-10 mbps when the test shows almost a Gig

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I only get 5-10 mbps when the test shows almost a Gig: Reset absolutely everything and get 1 gig speeds across every device except the series x. It doesn't make any sense. [img] [img] ede0de05-8bf6-4ac7-b919-d9939f966ee4
  10. Why is my multiplayer connection so slow but whenever I run a test on it, it says it’s fine?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my multiplayer connection so slow but whenever I run a test on it, it says it’s fine?: Basically what it says on the tin, my multiplayer connection is so poor and so slow whenever I join a game, yet whenever I run tests on it like “Test multiplayer connection”, “Test NAT type” or...