Why are my friends list and various other things not loading?

Discus and support Why are my friends list and various other things not loading? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I made a video showing the problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkQ1oiZ6lI8 My notifications, messages, and friends list are not working. I have... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by DG KooIkid357, Feb 1, 2023.

1. Why are my friends list and various other things not loading?

I made a video showing the problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkQ1oiZ6lI8

My notifications, messages, and friends list are not working. I have my xbox connected to wifi and xbox live. I can still play multiplayer games and still join parties but only from people's profiles. From my laptop console companion I can still see an accurate friends list, and access my notifications and messages.

:)

DG KooIkid357, Feb 1, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

I have here steps that we can try, please perform an extended powercycle and reset your network hardware by following the steps below:

1. Unplug the power cable from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for 5 minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.

2. Press and hold the Xbox button on your console for 10 seconds or until it turns off then wait for 2 minutes before turning it on again.

3. After 5 minutes, plug the modem or gateway in first, and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

4. If you are using a router, plug in the router and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

If that didn't work resetting the console keeping games and apps will be the next option. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps.
  3. Elohmn Win User

Fallout NV is driving my crazy

Fallout NV can be "finicky" at best, even with an Install and cleared Cache.

Some things you can also try to help avoid this would be;

• Don't separate your Party among various Locations that each require a Load Time.
    • Don't separate your Items among various Locations that each require a Load Time.
    Other than that, Fallout NV is just hit and miss. It's a great Game but does have "issues" regardless of what attempt is made to correct it.
  4. onyxishere Win User

Problem about friends list and other things!

Sorry to hear that you're upset. However, the person you've tried to add may have the add friends settings disabled via parental settings. This will disable your ability to add people as well as them being able to add friends without parental permission.

As for the issue with the Xbox One, a person is not obligated to add you as a friend even though you've added them.
  5. ash2k83 Win User

Ability to watch TV on Xbox One is amazing and underrated

The only thing I now do while waiting for things to load/download is use my laptop to check what's going on in here.

About time we have the ability to use one system to do various things while waiting for others.
  6. katesmith5 Win User

Backwards compatible games not appearing

Thanks. Why would my MGS V digital game not work? It doesn't even come up in the list of my games to download. There are other games purchased after it that are appearing - like various Assasains Creeds.
Thema:

1. Why are my friends list and various other things not loading? - Similar Threads - Why are friends

2. Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.: I'm not able to talk to my friends in a party chat while I'm on computer It pops up a message that states this "Background apps permissions for Xbox are turned off. Other may not be able to hear...
  3. Why can I not communicate with my friends/teammates in lobby or in game for The Finals?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can I not communicate with my friends/teammates in lobby or in game for The Finals?: 2 months ago I lost all comms in the lobby and in game I could not communicate with anyone who wasn't my friends. After this week's patch I cannot communicate with ANYONE in anyway whatsoever....
  4. why is there no chat box in-game robox i want to know what my friends are talking about but...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    why is there no chat box in-game robox i want to know what my friends are talking about but...: when me and my friends are playing they always ask why i cant chat and i have to say that im on xbox this is really a problem and i think it should be changed 83e24289-a70d-4383-b560-3e1859e794ab
  5. why can't I play with my friend

in XBoX on Consoles
    why can't I play with my friend: Hi, So I'm having issues with my Minecraft, I keep trying to join my friend's world, but it keeps saying it's an outdated client. I don't know what that means, or how to fix that. I've tried...
  6. Why is friends list not accurate?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is friends list not accurate?: After gamer tag name change, friends list not showing some online but others on. But when you look at the profile itself they are online and a game. Also in a party past gamer tag and new tag...
  7. Why do me and my friends group posts get taken down for having a RECRUITING tag?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why do me and my friends group posts get taken down for having a RECRUITING tag?: It happened to me just yesterday I put a post up for a roblox game and used the tag and got com banned for 2 days!! 882108c4-fa49-4fce-b321-77f74e5dbcda
  8. Why can't I talk to friends in Xbox game chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I talk to friends in Xbox game chat?: Hello! Whenever I invite my friends to an Xbox call I have to keep game bar open in order to talk to them. Whenever I tab out of game bar to play a game I try to talk my friends cant hear me. I...
  9. Why is my 360 showing what friends are active, but saying I can't connect to the internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my 360 showing what friends are active, but saying I can't connect to the internet?: My system says i'm not connecting to the internet, however it shows what friends are online. Tested the ethernet cable in a Sony console and it worked fine. How can it show what friends are online...
  10. Why am i not able to join when i play with my friend

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why am i not able to join when i play with my friend: Ive been trying to play with my friend for a while but whenever i join its not letting me. It just says “unable to connect to world” 2ed46b5a-12a5-4e54-9cfe-d5b9098e9fc2