Why are my apps stopping update and not appearing in the queue on Xbox One?

Discus and support Why are my apps stopping update and not appearing in the queue on Xbox One? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I am trying to watch HBO Max but it says that I need to update to the latest version to start streaming. When I click update it goes to 98%, and then... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Traci Faust, Dec 18, 2022.

1. Traci Faust
    Traci Faust Guest

I am trying to watch HBO Max but it says that I need to update to the latest version to start streaming. When I click update it goes to 98%, and then says “updating stopped”. When I go to view it in the queue it is not there. I have tried updating it though the Microsoft Store and it says “installing, view in queue”, to which when I click on it it does not show up the the queue.

I have tried restarting and unplugging the Xbox, removing the account and then adding it again, quitting the app, and removing the app and reinstalling it. There is plenty of storage on the console and there are no console updates. I was on the phone with Xbox support where I was told I needed to speak to HBO Max directly. When I contacted HBO Max they said that because it is an issue with the Xbox and not their streaming app, I would have to receive help from Xbox Support.

How do I go about fixing this?

:)

Traci Faust, Dec 18, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Traci, I don't know if you have your console connected via Wi-Fi or via network cable, if you are using Wi-Fi, turn it off and connect via cable.

After turning it back on, follow these procedures below.

The first is a cache clear:

1. Go to the Xbox press and hold the XBOX power button on the console for 10 seconds until it turns off

2. Wait 10 seconds until it turns off

3. Wait 1 minute with it off

4. Turn it back on

Xbox One reset keeping Games:

Press the Xbox button to open the panel.

Select system > Settings > System > Console Information

Select Reset console.

Restore and maintain my games and apps.

Rest assured, you won't miss games or saves

Note: You need to know the email and passwords of your accounts when performing this reset.
  3. Traci Faust Win User

It works! Thank you so much for your help!
  4. Georges C. Win User

Hello again, thanks for the feedback.
  5. Todesjaeger00 Win User

Sunset Overdrive Download Disappearance!

On the Xbox one, go to Home -> My Games & Apps -> Queue...the game download should appear to the right of your games and apps under Ready to Install. (Per Xbox one help)
  6. Albertraoz Win User

Redeemed Code, nothing happens

Update: Are you saying that Microsoft can charge 49.95 for both skyrim xbox 360 and xbox one yet if I buy the xbox 360 version there is no hope in it appearing in my xbox one download queue?
Thema:

1. Why are my apps stopping update and not appearing in the queue on Xbox One? - Similar Threads - Why are apps

2. Why does my Xbox not have the Xbox app preferences settings?

in XboX Insiders
    Why does my Xbox not have the Xbox app preferences settings?: I have been trying to connect my Xbox One S to the Xbox app for a while now and it just isn't working. Enable remote features is turned on but it still won't connect. When I look in the Remote...
  3. Why is my Game Bar and my Xbox App not loading or working?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is my Game Bar and my Xbox App not loading or working?: It just started yesterday. So i turned on my PC and i load up the xbox app and for some reason, it doesn't work. So i try to do it with my Game Bar. Doesn't load either. So i went to my settings...
  4. Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?: So I’ve only recently been having issues with the Xbox app where I cannot join or create a party every time I try it just removes me almost instantly even if it’s my own. Never had this problem...
  5. Why do I not have background app permissions for Xbox if my computer is not in S mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I not have background app permissions for Xbox if my computer is not in S mode: I am just getting tired of trying to find an answer, I've been trying for months.. Since December and I have not found a fix... So hopefully someone here has an aswer to find background app...
  6. Why are the rewards on the app different depending on location?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why are the rewards on the app different depending on location?: if I log in at my work which is a Swedish company, so it uses a Swedish VPN the rewards are greater and my connection at home which is UK.?. Why short change the UK? Also the Jewel reward is not...
  7. Why is my Rewards app showing restrictions for not following rules when I barely use it?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is my Rewards app showing restrictions for not following rules when I barely use it?: So I have just tried going on to my Rewards app and a notification came up stating: 'Your Microsoft Rewards account isn't following the rules you agreed to when you joined the programme. Review...
  8. Why is the Xbox app still crashing?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is the Xbox app still crashing?: The response thread provided to my previous question did not alleviate my problem. I've repaired, reset, windows store app troubleshot, uninstalled, insured my firewall was allowing it through,...
  9. why is my xbox app not launching and i have tried everything to fix it but it wont open?

in XBoX on Windows
    why is my xbox app not launching and i have tried everything to fix it but it wont open?: this i what i get. [img] 06be154a-d84a-4cec-bc89-4ebb3d990854
  10. Why isnt there a xbox app for mac os?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why isnt there a xbox app for mac os?: Like they have it for IOS and pc but not mac and macOS? 301b2295-14c2-4c21-8aeb-da5451cb0451