Why are movies I'm trying to purchase not playable on my Series X?

Discus and support Why are movies I'm trying to purchase not playable on my Series X? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; As the title states. I'm trying to buy Everything Everywhere All At Once, and it says it's not playable on this device. Tried to do Marlowe as well, in... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Beau Scott, Mar 12, 2023.

1. Beau Scott
    Beau Scott Guest

As the title states. I'm trying to buy Everything Everywhere All At Once, and it says it's not playable on this device. Tried to do Marlowe as well, in UHD and HD, still says same thing, what gives?

:)

Beau Scott, Mar 12, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Moderator
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Beau Scott,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

Based on your description, you are unable to play movies on your Xbox Series X. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

There are two things that could cause this issue: the console settings or app issue. To ensure there might be no ongoing issues with the Movies and TV app for Xbox Console we encourage you to check the status page or check the notification for any service on-going. Link: Xbox Status | Xbox Support

Moreover, you may perform the following methods below to troubleshoot the issue:

Method 1: Upgrade to the latest software version of Xbox

The Movies & TV app was recently updated to run on the latest software version of Xbox. You’ll need to be running that to continue enjoying Movies & TV on your console.

To check that you have the latest software version:

1. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide, and then select Profile & system.
    2. Select Settings > System > Updates.
    If you see a box showing “No update available,” you’re running the latest version of the Xbox software. If you see an upgrade available, select it to continue and upgrade.

Note All open games and apps will close while your console updates.

Method 2: Remove duplicate versions of Movies & TV

If you have upgraded to the latest version of the Xbox software and you see duplicate tiles for Movies & TV, you can take the following steps to remove the older version.

First, launch one of the versions of Movies & TV.

If you see a message telling you that you need an update, you have launched the older version of the app. To remove this version:

1. Select Cancel on the update screen.
    2. In your list of apps, select the Movies & TV tile that you previously launched, and then press the Menu button.
    3. Select Manage app, and then select Uninstall all from the next screen.
    If the Movies & TV app launches without any updates required, you have launched the latest version of the app. Follow the steps above to uninstall and remove the older version of the app.

Method 3: Test the Xbox network

1. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide, and then select Profile & system.
    2. Select Settings > General > Network settings.
    3. Select Test network connection.
      • If you can connect to the Xbox network, the console is connecting correctly.
      • If you can't connect to the Xbox network, the Connection Test will show you:
        • Where in the connection process the error occurs.
        • What kind of error it is.
    Note this information, and then try the following solution to resolve the problem:

Troubleshoot your Xbox network connection

Method 4: Uninstall and then reinstall the app

The following will help you uninstall and reinstall the Movies & TV app. Your movie collection will not be removed by taking these steps.

1. To return to the Home screen, press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide, and then select Home.
    2. Select My games & apps.
    3. Select Apps, and then highlight the Movies & TV tile.
    4. Press the Menu button  on your controller, and then select Uninstall.
    5. On the confirmation screen, select Uninstall all.
    6. Restart your console: Press and hold the Xbox button in the center of your Xbox controller to open the Power Center. Select Restart console > Restart.
    7. Once your console has restarted, scroll right to the Store area, and then select Movies & TV.
    8. Select My movies & TV.
    9. Select Install to download and install the Movies & TV app.

Method 5: Delete your profile and download it again

To delete your profile, which might be corrupted, follow these steps:

2. Select Settings > Account > Remove accounts.
    3. Select the account you want to remove, and then select Remove to confirm.
    To download your Xbox profile, follow these steps:

1. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide, and then select Add or switch.
    2. Select Add new.
    3. Type your Microsoft account email address and password.
    4. If applicable, read the Terms of Use and privacy statement, and then select I accept to continue.
    5. Review the privacy settings that you set for your account, and then select Next.
    6. Select the sign-in and security preferences that you want.
    7. View your gamerpic, and then select Next.
    8. Select a color for your Home screen, and then select Next.
    9. Once complete, press the Xbox button to open the guide, and then select Home to go to the Home screen.
    Source: Troubleshoot Movies & TV on Xbox | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. SamuelBazaldua Win User

Xbox Series X/S games "not playable on this device" on brand new Xbox One X

It says "Optimized for series X/S. IT should say "Only for series X/S. Why does Microsoft try to hide this with a little red circle popup note "not playable on this device" If it's not playable then keep it off my Game Pass ultimate and store

that I pay $16.99 monthly for.
  5. dewi hughes Win User

I have purchased credits for gta and the credits don't appear on my screen

Both purchases are playable on series x/s and one s
  6. LML- Win User

Star Wars Jedi Survivor Deluxe Edition

Thank, you, this is the Disc version though which is why I'm so confused as others have said it won't include a digital code for the Series S but yet it specfies it is playable on the Series X and S. I just don't know!
Thema:

1. Why are movies I'm trying to purchase not playable on my Series X? - Similar Threads - Why are movies

2. Why wont my movies and shows from the xbox store show up on my movies anywhere?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why wont my movies and shows from the xbox store show up on my movies anywhere?: I bought tenet and got a free ghost in the shell season from mircosoft and they show on my movies anywhere, but my The Godfather trilogy , dragon ball super season 1, flash, fairy tail and et...
  3. Why is my xbox only allocating 2.1gig for movies ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox only allocating 2.1gig for movies ?: Why is my xbox only allocating 2.1gig for movies, I have removed all the apps except for essential ones and checked every apps usage which shows 0 for them all, I thought I should have 12 or 15gig...
  4. Why is the Xbox 360 Movie and TV app not working?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is the Xbox 360 Movie and TV app not working?: The Xbox 360 movies and tv app isn't working again... Similar situation that lasted from this past spring all the way into the summer with no one communicating to anyone about the situation. Can...
  5. Why do I need wifi to watch a DVD or blu-ray movie?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I need wifi to watch a DVD or blu-ray movie?: I downloaded the blu-ray player.Itsmy home xbox.I seen where someone said to go to settings>general>network and the choose to go offline.I did all that and it wouldn't play.To say I was upset was...
  6. Why cant I download the Movies and TV app it does not work

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant I download the Movies and TV app it does not work: I have a xbox one first Gen, and the app says installing but nonething happens a3b895d8-4c05-4bc8-a87b-a1ea20983531
  7. Why will the movie apps on my Xbox 360 not load?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why will the movie apps on my Xbox 360 not load?: I still have an Xbox 360 and everytime I try to watch one of the movie apps, it says troubleshooting. I have great internet service also. f09ef27d-306f-4caa-b73c-1b2568d0b225
  8. Why the **** cant i watch what i pre orderd..the movie release date has passed but im not...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why the **** cant i watch what i pre orderd..the movie release date has passed but im not...: I've tried everything on my side of the problem...perhaps if you could reimburse or accept a return on the latest pre oder of John Wick 4..that would help..so i can buy it on a different app to...
  9. Why is the Xbox 360 Movies and TV app no longer available? Can't watch any purchased...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is the Xbox 360 Movies and TV app no longer available? Can't watch any purchased...: Why is the Xbox 360 Movies and TV app no longer available? Can't watch any purchased movies or TV on the Xbox 360? The app works perfectly for Xbox One and Series XlS though. A bunch of people...
  10. Why is the Movies and TV app on Xbox 360 no longer available?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is the Movies and TV app on Xbox 360 no longer available?: Why is the Movies and TV app on Xbox 360 no longer available? Is it being worked on or has it been shut down? Multiple people have complained about it, but there hasn't been any answers......