Why are games available in store but you can't play them?

Discus and support Why are games available in store but you can't play them? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 & 2 are in the store for download but you can't buy them or get them to work cd3b77a4-2161-4d61-98d5-6af7c62578d5 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Silverhawks82, Jun 2, 2023.

1. Why are games available in store but you can't play them?

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 & 2 are in the store for download but you can't buy them or get them to work

:)

Silverhawks82, Jun 2, 2023
  2. Smwutches Win User

Those games were delisted due to licensing issues. They're still listed in the store for informational purposes and people who bought the games before they were delisted, can still reinstall them.
  3. cpt sheridan Win User

Not Upgrading on Series X

These advisors need to read up on how optimized games play or don't play on a SeriesX/S.

Games that are optimized for the SeriesX/S CANNOT be played from an external HDD and that'll be why you can't load those game.

With the games telling you that an upgrade is available that'll be why you can't load them unless you install them on the internal storage.
  4. Echse300 Win User

Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty is not available on the german game store.

Ok now I know why I can't buy it without a credit card on the us store. But why is the game not available at the German store?
  5. Daft Badger Win User

Lego Star Wars The Force Awakens

There's 2 versions of the game available on the store for digital purchase.

Can't link it for you at the moment as the store is playing up.
  6. davewhit21 Win User

Extremely upset with Microsoft Over the Lack of backwards Compatibility on the Xbox One

Can't understand why cross chat wasn't available seems daft that even if you can't play games together
Thema:

1. Why are games available in store but you can't play them? - Similar Threads - Why are games

2. Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.: I'm not able to talk to my friends in a party chat while I'm on computer It pops up a message that states this "Background apps permissions for Xbox are turned off. Other may not be able to hear...
  3. why is my Pc screen going black when i play high intensive games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is my Pc screen going black when i play high intensive games?: Hello So I've been frustrated for the couple of weeks because I've been trying to fix my gpu from crashing. I've updated the drivers, I've taken out my gpu out of the socket and put it back in,...
  4. Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?: Hi, I am on PC wanting to play one block that I bought from the marketplace about a year and a half ago but when I try and download it, it stays on 0 percent. I have tried multiple methods to fix...
  5. Why are some of my previously purchased games not showing up?!?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are some of my previously purchased games not showing up?!?: Back when I had an xbox 360 I had bought or downloaded thru game pass, gta 5 and multiple other games digitally, I now have an xbox x, I've logged in with the same account and gta 5 along with a...
  6. Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X: I'm having some serious trouble atm with trying to get 360 games to work on my series X. These are all games that until today worked fine. Now it will not connect to xbox live for the cloud or my...
  7. Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install: I bought Black Ops III and it’s been installing but it stopped at 93.8% and it said the disk may have been damaged or it is dirty. I cleaned it and put it back in to try again but when i put it in...
  8. Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:): The Sign-in Window or Pop-Up is automatically Close in games and app. When i Click Sign-in inside an app or Game It closes quickly So Even I cant Type Anything. I Tested So Many Apps And That Are...
  9. Why can I not communicate with my friends/teammates in lobby or in game for The Finals?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can I not communicate with my friends/teammates in lobby or in game for The Finals?: 2 months ago I lost all comms in the lobby and in game I could not communicate with anyone who wasn't my friends. After this week's patch I cannot communicate with ANYONE in anyway whatsoever....
  10. Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11: The Sign-in Window or Pop-Up is automatically Close in games and app. When i Click Sign-in inside an app or Game It closes quickly So Even I cant Type Anything. I Tested So Many Apps And That Are...