Why are all windows games crashing?

Discus and support Why are all windows games crashing? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Me and a friend have both been having issues with game crashes. I have also noticed many others have reported windows games crashing for no reason.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by FoxtheFennec, May 4, 2023.

1. FoxtheFennec
    FoxtheFennec Guest

Me and a friend have both been having issues with game crashes. I have also noticed many others have reported windows games crashing for no reason. Both me and my friend are running on Windows 11 and all my games crash after 15 to 25 minutes of gameplay with no error code.

This only happens on games downloaded from the windows store and I have no way of knowing whether it is a problem with the store or the gamepass since all my games are from the gamepass. I have tried repairing the games, the store, and the gaming services app as I have had issues with it in the past. The games seem to run fine as long as they don't use the internet. My internet should also be fine since I don't have problems with other games that use the internet.

I'm fairly certain it is not my PC as I have run checks and been through multiple fixes some include updating display adapters, updating windows, adjusting virtual memory, running SFC scan, running DISM, running disk checks, running windows memory test, and clearing temp files. My PC is also brand new as I got the parts months ago before this issue started, so I don't believe they are corrupted.

Please let me know if I missed anything and I hope this can be fixed.

:)

FoxtheFennec, May 4, 2023
  2. FoxtheFennec Win User

This is happening with all of my games from the Microsoft store. The problem started almost a month ago. It was working before and the only changes I have made since that I can think of is moving to windows 11. I normally launch the game from the Microsoft store or the taskbar never from the Xbox app.

I have tried all of the troubleshoots you mentioned and the ones from the link.
  3. Geri M. Win User

Hi FoxtheFennec,

We appreciate you for bringing this up to Xbox Community Forum and we hope that you are well today other than this account issue.

We understand that you encountered issues in gaming with your PC. As per description, you have an updated system, and no problem with the device as well. To answer your question, yes, there are times that games on windows crash due to some technical reasons and one common thing is what we called system glitch. It is just but normal reaction whit games and to the system. This can be resolve by simple and very basic troubleshooting.

• turning the device off and restart the PC.
    • Check your antivirus.
    • Close background program;
    • Update your display drivers and graphic;
    • Verify your game files repair system files Increase virtual memory on your PC;
    • Keep your system up-to-date;
    • Perform a clean boot;

Let us check on your issue together and sort this out to assist your concern. However, before we proceed, we would like to ask few questions about it.

1. Was this happening to all the games you want to play?
    2. When did the problem start?
    3. If this was working before, any recent changes made prior to the problem?
    4. Where did you normally launch the game, Xbox app or Microsoft Store?

These above questions would help us provide the necessary information. Once we have gathered all the information, we will formulate the viable solution to help you with your case.

For the meantime, try to check some troubleshooting steps provided in the articles.

[​IMG]

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps once we have received your answers to the above questions.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community
  4. Geri M. Win User

Hi FoxtheFennec,

We haven't heard from you for 72 hours, so we assume the issue has already been resolved. We will not monitor this thread going forward, so if you need further assistance, click this link to create a new thread to discuss these issues. Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community
  5. Geri M. Win User

6. Aki44 Win User

Lego Star Wars Skywalker Saga crashing on startup

It's precisely the problem, they want to think, or make us think, the problem lies on our side whereas it indeed lies in the windows store platform. Otherwise, why would all these games work on STEAM on the same computer.

On a side note, path to the crash folder

C:\Users\"usersname"\AppData\Roaming\Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment\LEGO Star Wars - The Skywalker Saga\CRASHDATA

You will find folders for all your crashes with the crash info in xml format
Thema:

1. Why are all windows games crashing? - Similar Threads - Why are windows

2. Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:): The Sign-in Window or Pop-Up is automatically Close in games and app. When i Click Sign-in inside an app or Game It closes quickly So Even I cant Type Anything. I Tested So Many Apps And That Are...
  3. Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11: The Sign-in Window or Pop-Up is automatically Close in games and app. When i Click Sign-in inside an app or Game It closes quickly So Even I cant Type Anything. I Tested So Many Apps And That Are...
  4. I cant create a high performance power plan in my windows 11, why is there no high...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cant create a high performance power plan in my windows 11, why is there no high...: There is no high performance option in my power plans and I tried to fix it by going in regedit to figure it out but i am too scared to mess up something in my computer so I didn't do anything in...
  5. why won't a little to the left start on xbox windows?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why won't a little to the left start on xbox windows?: I downloaded A Little to the Left on Xbox Windows but the game won't start. All I see is a grey screen and the little portrait of the cat in the bottom right corner. I thought it just needed to...
  6. Why does my Window 11 Bluetooth on PC keep saying failed to connect to my Xbox Elite...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Window 11 Bluetooth on PC keep saying failed to connect to my Xbox Elite...: Hello, I recently made the switch from Xbox Series X to PC gaming. I bought a very nice PC that runs flawlessly with windows 11 installed. I am only having one problem and that it connecting my...
  7. Why does windows 11 not support xbox 360 wireless adapters for windows.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does windows 11 not support xbox 360 wireless adapters for windows.: I have tried multiple different wireless adapter devices and drivers and reset my computer multiple times in an attempt to use an xbox 360 controller to play rocket league/overcooked but my pc...
  8. why is Party chat transcription not available for windows 10/11 users yet?

in XBoX Accessibility
    why is Party chat transcription not available for windows 10/11 users yet?: My friend has been using the Text-to-speech (read text out loud to all players in the Xbox party) to communicate in party's with us for years because they have a speech impediment that makes it...
  9. Why does my Xbox elite controller series 2 refuses to connect to my windows 11 PC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox elite controller series 2 refuses to connect to my windows 11 PC?: The controller connected just fine to my pc for about 6 months and then one day after restarting my pc my controller would say it is connected in settings for about 2 minutes before shutting off...
  10. Why would an Xbox app on a PC have a player in the taskbar window as if it were some kind...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why would an Xbox app on a PC have a player in the taskbar window as if it were some kind...: Why would an Xbox app on a PC have a player in the taskbar window as if it were some kind of music app? 59322c3f-60f9-438a-bec7-6fb10174053e