Why am I unable to play any games that I own?

Discus and support Why am I unable to play any games that I own? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I literally have removed my account and added it back several times over and over plus the fact that I uninstalled my games and reinstalled them just... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by CODMASTER230, Nov 27, 2022.

1. CODMASTER230
    CODMASTER230 Guest

I literally have removed my account and added it back several times over and over plus the fact that I uninstalled my games and reinstalled them just for the games I bought and own to say that the person who bought the game needs to sign in to play it. I BOUGHT THE GAME THOUGH?!?! It’s very frustrating because I can play games that my friends own perfectly fine. All the games that are available through them setting their home Xbox to mine work, but nothing I own works? Why is that the case? I have power cycled my Xbox 5 times and tried plying the games on another console too.

:)

CODMASTER230, Nov 27, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this CODMASTER230

Please give this a try:

A. Connect your console to a completely different Wi-Fi network, for this purpose you can share mobile data via Wi-Fi hotspot and try in that way

B. Can be a bit odd but try using a custom DNS address:

go to Settings > Network > Advanced Settings

Once you’re inside the Advanced Settings menu, go to DNS settings and select Manual from the list of available options.

When you get to the next screen, enter 8.8.8.8 in the box associated with the Primary DNS and 8.8.4.4 in the Secondary DNS box.

Once the default DNS addresses have been changed, restart your console and see if the issue has been resolved at the next console startup.

If that doesn't work use 1.1.1.1 as primary and 1.0.0.1 as secondary

C. Clear your MAC address

Go to Settings > Network > Advanced Settings > Alternate MAC Address

Select Clear, restart your console and give it a new try

D. Do a factory reset for your console but keeping games and apps

Go to Settings > System > Console info > reset and then select keep my games and apps

**Make sure to know the email and password for all your accounts
  3. BGames Win User

purchased bundle with nba2k19, game not working

I checled and there is no order history transaction that shows the game was purchased - the game is listed in "my games" and shows that it was recently installed but does not show up as an order. The account is the original one used to set up the console.
    I do not have documentation with any code listed that I can find. So, at this time I am unable to play a game that I purchased and briefly played, and unable to prove that I own the game on my account. I am at a loss.
  4. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Why am i unable to download a game?

Hi Charlie! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Fortnite game download. No worries, let me help you sort this out.

It's important to note that this is a public user-to-user community forum, and none of us here work for Microsoft.

I just want to confirm, does this happen to all of your games or just specifically to Fortnite?

Kindly try to perform the following workarounds:

1. Clear out your MAC address:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

2. Clear the local save for Fortnite and resync with the cloud. Here's how:

It’s possible that the local save for your game has become corrupted. If so, deleting the local save and re-syncing with the cloud might correct the problem.

First, delete the local save:

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide and then select My games & apps > See all > Games.
    Highlight the game title, and then press the Menu button  on your controller.
    Select Manage game and add-ons > Saved data.
    Select Delete all to remove the local save of this game, then follow the prompts.

After you delete the local save, restart your Xbox:

Press and hold the Xbox button  in the center of your controller.
    Select Restart console, then follow the prompts.

After you restart your Xbox, re-sync your saved games to the cloud. Your saved games are automatically stored in the cloud while you’re connected to the Xbox service.

Try installing the game again to see if re-syncing with the cloud corrected the game problem.

Note: When doing this step please make sure that you used to play this game online so that all your data is saved to the cloud.

3. In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform the Factory Reset keep my games and apps on your console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox:

Note: This will remove the profiles on your console, make sure that you remember the email and password to your account.

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.
    Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.
    Select Reset console.
    On the Reset your console? screen, you'll see three options. Be sure to choose the Reset and keep my games & apps option so that you don’t lose any of your games and apps.

This will also help sync the data on your console properly. Once you're done, try to check if you will be able to download and launch Fortnite without any issues.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  5. Health Jar Win User

Bought games and now I don’t own them

Hello, they’re not in my order history at all, but I had bought those three games during that time period and now I am unable to access them, I had barely ever played the games and would probably barely play them now, it is just troubling that I distinctly remember owning and playing those games, yet I do not have them on any Microsoft account

I own.
  6. JoeMac1205 Win User

Unable to Play Downloaded games due to Error code 0x87de2713 and 0x87de2714

this code is popping up for me on my destiney game as well as well as every other game i own what is going on and why am i not able to play any game that i bought.
Thema:

1. Why am I unable to play any games that I own? - Similar Threads - Why unable play

2. Why does it say “unable to connect to world. The world is no longer available to join.”...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does it say “unable to connect to world. The world is no longer available to join.”...: I am trying to join a friends world on minecraft (he’s on Nintendo switch and I am on Xbox) but every time it just says “unable to connect to world. The world is no longer available to join.” Can...
  3. Why is dragging unable in Edge?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is dragging unable in Edge?: I'm disappointed that even when using a keyboard AND mouse you are unable to drag anything. For example, when I am working on something I like to use PiP(picture in picture) mode for YouTube....
  4. Why am I unable to download a game that I have purchased?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I unable to download a game that I have purchased?: Hi. I had purchased Omori before it was removed from the Xbox store. Despite online searching say that I can still download and play it, I am unable to do so. It feels like robbing since I paid...
  5. Why am i unable to download a game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am i unable to download a game?: Trying to redownload fortnite at the moment and it says i own the game despite it not being in my games and apps, then says i need to update the game (not optional) and then proceeds to tell me...
  6. Why is Xbox saying it's unable to take action when I reported a spam message?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is Xbox saying it's unable to take action when I reported a spam message?: I keep getting spam messages from bots. Advertising "romance" games and such. I report them as such and then get a message from Xbox saying they're unable to take action....
  7. why am i unable sign into onedrive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why am i unable sign into onedrive: unable to sign into games and one drive facbd86f-af6f-468b-a227-ad463ccb163f
  8. Why am I unable to send a request to join a game

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I unable to send a request to join a game: Why am I unable to send a request to join a game 362095e8-71e6-4041-9847-79fe6a08f98f
  9. Why am I unable to install xbox game pass games on my pc to my hdd?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I unable to install xbox game pass games on my pc to my hdd?: I just upgraded my PC's motherboard and all and also upgraded to win 11 (big mistake I know) and i wanted to play starfield from the pc game pass app but whenever I try to install any game pass...
  10. Why am I unable to play 1440p120fps with a monitor that supports it and I have a hdmi 2.1...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why am I unable to play 1440p120fps with a monitor that supports it and I have a hdmi 2.1...: I just recently bought the Koorui 27 inch non-curved 1440p 144hz monitor. I understand that games for the Xbox series s only go up to 1440p @120fps, and was wondering why it’s telling me the my...