Why am I unable to hear party members when I am in a chat?

Discus and support Why am I unable to hear party members when I am in a chat? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; When I am in a party on my PC I am unable to hear the other members unless I am making some kind of noise. Example: when I am using Xbox Game Bar party... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by DaytimeSoup, Feb 12, 2023.

1. DaytimeSoup
    DaytimeSoup Guest

When I am in a party on my PC I am unable to hear the other members unless I am making some kind of noise. Example: when I am using Xbox Game Bar party chat. I am unable to hear the other members of the party unless there is a constant noise in my headset. Like if I constantly blow, or constantly speak, or just make certain that my mic is active I can hear them. But as soon as my mic is no longer active I am unable to hear anything. This is true for all party programs including discord. I've switched headsets, used every available USB slot, updated every driver, rolled back drivers, and am operating from a clean boot. I have no idea what else to try.

The audio works perfectly fine if I am in a video chat on discord. But when I leave the video chat on discord, and go to the voice chat, the problem resumes

:)

DaytimeSoup, Feb 12, 2023
  2. JamesRileyOZ Win User

Xbox party chat too loud astro a40s

I have figured out the issue. For some reason when I have the option set to channel sound through both the headset and TV it really mutes the sound going to the headset for some reason. When I switch to headset only for party chat it instantly triples or quadruples the sound entering the headset. Not sure why but I am unable to allow my girlfriend to listen to my party chat while I play (it's less boring for her to watch when she can hear the people I'm playing with also).
  3. XGC Rattlesnake Win User

can I turn off my wireless controller auto shut off?

The auto off is designed to help save battery life. The charger cable prevents it from shutting off, at the cost of a REALLY annoying buzzing sound. Sometimes your party members can hear it, sometimes not, and the volume seems to be random. Also, I've noticed
    that if I am in a private chat with one person, my controller will not shut off...I am not sure why. It stays on for hours and hours in a private chat, but in parties it shuts off after about 10 min of inactivity.
  4. TVize Win User

Xbox Game Chat

It is for every game, When I am in a party and I go to game chat it does not work when I am not even in a party it does not work and for Overwatch it tells you when you are in game chat and yet I still can not hear or talk to anyone although it will show
    when others are talking.
  5. domino1879 Win User

Party chat not working unable to chat with friends

I am experiencing a similar issue. Could not chat with friends in party chat, but when I left, I could talk to and hear everyone in Battlefield.
  6. UncouthKiller Win User

Xbox game chat issue for COD

I am having this same exact issue. I have forwarded all the required ports for both Xbox and call of duty. I am able to talk to PS4 players in game chat but rarely xbox players. Party chat works fine for xbox but then am unable to hear PS4. Is there anything
    else we can check? I believe this issue may be related to the recent game update.
Thema:

1. Why am I unable to hear party members when I am in a chat? - Similar Threads - Why unable hear

2. why am i unable to right click on games?

in XBoX on Windows
    why am i unable to right click on games?: so before this issue, i was trying to fix the game bar not running in background and then shortcuts not working. but after i fixed them suddenly whenever i right click on a game in my game library...
  3. Why does it say “unable to connect to world. The world is no longer available to join.”...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does it say “unable to connect to world. The world is no longer available to join.”...: I am trying to join a friends world on minecraft (he’s on Nintendo switch and I am on Xbox) but every time it just says “unable to connect to world. The world is no longer available to join.” Can...
  4. Why is dragging unable in Edge?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is dragging unable in Edge?: I'm disappointed that even when using a keyboard AND mouse you are unable to drag anything. For example, when I am working on something I like to use PiP(picture in picture) mode for YouTube....
  5. Why am I unable to download a game that I have purchased?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I unable to download a game that I have purchased?: Hi. I had purchased Omori before it was removed from the Xbox store. Despite online searching say that I can still download and play it, I am unable to do so. It feels like robbing since I paid...
  6. Why am i unable to download a game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am i unable to download a game?: Trying to redownload fortnite at the moment and it says i own the game despite it not being in my games and apps, then says i need to update the game (not optional) and then proceeds to tell me...
  7. Why is Xbox saying it's unable to take action when I reported a spam message?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is Xbox saying it's unable to take action when I reported a spam message?: I keep getting spam messages from bots. Advertising "romance" games and such. I report them as such and then get a message from Xbox saying they're unable to take action....
  8. why am i unable sign into onedrive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why am i unable sign into onedrive: unable to sign into games and one drive facbd86f-af6f-468b-a227-ad463ccb163f
  9. Why am I unable to send a request to join a game

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I unable to send a request to join a game: Why am I unable to send a request to join a game 362095e8-71e6-4041-9847-79fe6a08f98f
  10. Why am I unable to hear other players talking in-game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I unable to hear other players talking in-game?: Hi, hoping someone can help troubleshoot this. Over the past year or so I’ve noticed that I don’t hear anyone speaking via game chat in any games. People I play with are able to hear...