Why am I unable to hear other players talking in-game?

Discus and support Why am I unable to hear other players talking in-game? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, hoping someone can help troubleshoot this. Over the past year or so I’ve noticed that I don’t hear anyone speaking via game chat in any games.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by IceBoxYT_HBG, May 19, 2023.

1. IceBoxYT_HBG
    IceBoxYT_HBG Guest

Hi, hoping someone can help troubleshoot this. Over the past year or so I’ve noticed that I don’t hear anyone speaking via game chat in any games. People I play with are able to hear communications but I hear nothing. I can hear people in party chat, but never in game chat. My account has faced a couple of suspensions in the past; however, the most recent suspension was nearly two (2) years ago. My Activision account is permanently banned though I don’t believe that should have anything to do with this issue and, despite contacting Activision and essentially receiving a middle finger from their support, I don’t believe my account was banned under justified circumstances. I wouldn’t say this comms issue is terribly major, but I am definitely hindered in games where proximity chat and in-game comms are quite useful (Sea of Thieves, GTA Online, Chivalry 2, etc). Any and all help is appreciated, thank you.

:)

IceBoxYT_HBG, May 19, 2023
  2. UncouthKiller Win User

Xbox game chat issue for COD

I am having this same exact issue. I have forwarded all the required ports for both Xbox and call of duty. I am able to talk to PS4 players in game chat but rarely xbox players. Party chat works fine for xbox but then am unable to hear PS4. Is there anything
    else we can check? I believe this issue may be related to the recent game update.
  3. Geth Win User

Why am i still unable to talk

This may help fix the issue.

First, remove/delete that account from your Xbox console.

Then power cycle the console by holding down the power button for 10 seconds or until it shuts off.

After that is complete, restart the console and then recover that account back.

I've seen some reports from people saying that this does work.

Good luck.
  4. Gillette 73 Win User

lost rank and cant talk or hear other players

5. JohnRambo1973 Win User

Brink Discussion

i just cannot work out why i cannot hear anyone talking. Love the game but some players just seem to play deathmatch.
  6. Gulf Coast Girl-74EC Win User

In-game chat mic only Zombie lobbies

[quote user="IsaacClarkeSNL"]When you see the little speaker, people can hear and talk to you.[/quote]

So these are "team players" right? I could hear my team talking but since I don't yet have a mic I couldn't respond.

[quote user="IsaacClarkeSNL"]When you see a little group of people next to thier name they are in a separte party by themselves with people on thier friends list who are playing other games. The can't hear or talk to you. This makes it very hard to cooperate.[/quote]

That seems really weird... why would you play one game and be talking to other people playing a totally different game? Hmmmm I would hate that, I need all my focus on the game at hand :D Thanks for the answers
Thema:

1. Why am I unable to hear other players talking in-game? - Similar Threads - Why unable hear

2. why am i unable to right click on games?

in XBoX on Windows
    why am i unable to right click on games?: so before this issue, i was trying to fix the game bar not running in background and then shortcuts not working. but after i fixed them suddenly whenever i right click on a game in my game library...
  3. Why does it say “unable to connect to world. The world is no longer available to join.”...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does it say “unable to connect to world. The world is no longer available to join.”...: I am trying to join a friends world on minecraft (he’s on Nintendo switch and I am on Xbox) but every time it just says “unable to connect to world. The world is no longer available to join.” Can...
  4. Why is dragging unable in Edge?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is dragging unable in Edge?: I'm disappointed that even when using a keyboard AND mouse you are unable to drag anything. For example, when I am working on something I like to use PiP(picture in picture) mode for YouTube....
  5. Why am I unable to download a game that I have purchased?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I unable to download a game that I have purchased?: Hi. I had purchased Omori before it was removed from the Xbox store. Despite online searching say that I can still download and play it, I am unable to do so. It feels like robbing since I paid...
  6. Why am i unable to download a game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am i unable to download a game?: Trying to redownload fortnite at the moment and it says i own the game despite it not being in my games and apps, then says i need to update the game (not optional) and then proceeds to tell me...
  7. Why is Xbox saying it's unable to take action when I reported a spam message?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is Xbox saying it's unable to take action when I reported a spam message?: I keep getting spam messages from bots. Advertising "romance" games and such. I report them as such and then get a message from Xbox saying they're unable to take action....
  8. why am i unable sign into onedrive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why am i unable sign into onedrive: unable to sign into games and one drive facbd86f-af6f-468b-a227-ad463ccb163f
  9. Why am I unable to send a request to join a game

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I unable to send a request to join a game: Why am I unable to send a request to join a game 362095e8-71e6-4041-9847-79fe6a08f98f
  10. Why am I unable to install xbox game pass games on my pc to my hdd?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I unable to install xbox game pass games on my pc to my hdd?: I just upgraded my PC's motherboard and all and also upgraded to win 11 (big mistake I know) and i wanted to play starfield from the pc game pass app but whenever I try to install any game pass...