Why am I still not allowed to gift games or avatar items to international friends?

Discus and support Why am I still not allowed to gift games or avatar items to international friends? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So there is a huge problem once again. I tried to gift my German friend an avatar item, but she told me it doesn't work because it doesn't work for her... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Radiant Sword X, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Why am I still not allowed to gift games or avatar items to international friends?

So there is a huge problem once again. I tried to gift my German friend an avatar item, but she told me it doesn't work because it doesn't work for her region. Now I think anything I gift can affect regions outside USA. I mean am I only allowed to gift
    American friends and nobody else?

:)

Radiant Sword X, Jul 20, 2019
  2. Pandy Yato Win User

Why am I still not allowed to gift games or avatar items to international friends?

Unfortunately, you are not able to gift items outside of your own region and this could be for many reasons such as tax or players accessing content or deals not meant for their region.
  3. IRB Win User

It might relate to currency conversions, perhaps preventing things being bought from the cheapest store and used on a different store. There could also be tax implications.

Sad that this still isn't a thing yet though.
  4. ScottTHEscammeR Win User

Unfortunately gifting on xbox is region locked at this time.
  5. ngocphi Win User

So there is a huge problem once again. I tried to gift my German friend an avatar item, but she told me it doesn't work because it doesn't work for her region. Now I think anything I gift can affect regions outside USA. I mean am I only allowed
    to gift American friends and nobody else?
    Your only real option is to find an etrailer within their regiom and buying a code for that region and yoi take the risk

Prices are not the same for every regoon as others pointed out

Its not for the USA only

GIFTING is only for people within YOUR region

This is clearly stated on the gifting screen
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

Probably has to do with all the different laws each country has, and license restrictions, as well as games not being released in certain regions.
Thema:

1. Why am I still not allowed to gift games or avatar items to international friends? - Similar Threads - Why still allowed

2. Why is city skylines 2 still not available on Xbox even though it is spring 2024.

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is city skylines 2 still not available on Xbox even though it is spring 2024.: I’m confused about the fact that we’re half way through April and we still have not heard any news about city skylines 2 coming to Xbox series x/s. We were told early spring 2024, but nothing has...
  3. Why is the Xbox app still crashing?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is the Xbox app still crashing?: The response thread provided to my previous question did not alleviate my problem. I've repaired, reset, windows store app troubleshot, uninstalled, insured my firewall was allowing it through,...
  4. WHY IS THIS STILL A THING 2 YEARS LATER?!?!?!

in XBoX on Consoles
    WHY IS THIS STILL A THING 2 YEARS LATER?!?!?!: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/please-fix-the-xbox-series-2-elite-controller/6d6ede9e-9057-4e58-adde-09210e6ab9f0 This is completely RIDICULOUS. This is the same issue that I...
  5. Why is my refund request still on approved?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is my refund request still on approved?: I requested a refund for a game and it was approved, however I still own the game and my money was not returned. 55a81890-f857-4742-91b8-92f5fef4a478
  6. Why my game still shows voice chat restrictions but I haven't said anything bad

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why my game still shows voice chat restrictions but I haven't said anything bad: I don't really understand why it's still doing it. 9c098a46-b81d-4583-8c63-99ceac2718cc
  7. Why is my xbox logo still on when I turned my xbox off it's still running but I turned it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox logo still on when I turned my xbox off it's still running but I turned it...: I don't understand why my logo was on even tho I turned it off 461f5bfd-9384-443d-94d1-2535360ca4d1
  8. Why are XIM and Cronus still allowed on XBOX yet legit 3rd part products are now banned?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are XIM and Cronus still allowed on XBOX yet legit 3rd part products are now banned?: Ive been on XBOX since the original, a live/gamepass member for almost 19 yrs! And this is the 1st time ive really considered dropping the platform all together. Now is literally the worst time to...
  9. Why are players allowed to still blatantly cheat & use aimbots in battlefield games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are players allowed to still blatantly cheat & use aimbots in battlefield games: When players report these cheats for using aimbots just so they can be top of the leaderboard,a lot if the time nothing is done to remove them from the platform. A lot of the time this is followed...
  10. Why are certain LGBT terms still not allowed in gamertags?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why are certain LGBT terms still not allowed in gamertags?: It's pride month and 2023 but we still aren't able to have "Sappho" or "Sapphic" in our gamertags. You can't even try alternate spellings like "Sapp1c" or "Sapph0" because they're also not...