Why am I restricted from changing privacy settings due to family restriction when i'm not...

Discus and support Why am I restricted from changing privacy settings due to family restriction when i'm not... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; When I try to access my privacy settings through the Xbox app or through a browser I get redirected because I'm not allowed to change the settings. It... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Abigail McPherson, Nov 3, 2022.

1. Why am I restricted from changing privacy settings due to family restriction when i'm not...

When I try to access my privacy settings through the Xbox app or through a browser I get redirected because I'm not allowed to change the settings. It states it's due to 2 reasons; You’re using a child account that’s a member of an Xbox family group, or You’re using an adult account that’s set as a member of an Xbox family group. However, neither of these are true. I left the family group I used to be in, so I am no longer in any family group, but I'm still being restricted. If I go to my family settings currently there is no other people listed, it's just my own icon and a button to add others. There are no other buttons that lead me to other options, such as leaving the family (see in screenshot).
    Why am I restricted from changing privacy settings due to family restriction when i'm not... [​IMG]
    I'm not sure how to become unrestricted since I don't think I'm supposed to be in the first place.

:)

Abigail McPherson, Nov 3, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Why am I restricted from changing privacy settings due to family restriction when i'm not in a family group?

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

This happens when the system detects that you're still a minor, Abigail. If you're still a minor, you may need to ask an adult to add you to their family group by signing in to https://account.microsoft.com/family and adding you as a member.

Once you're added as a member, they may need to sign in to https://account.xbox.com/settings to manage your account settings.
  3. Francia J. Win User

I'm having problems with microsoft family. I am unable to leave and i am the only one in the family

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

If I may ask, what is the exact issue that you're experiencing why you wanted to leave the family?

Are you getting any restrictions in playing games that asked you to manage your privacy settings but wasn't able to do so due to family restrictions?
  4. Nokkturno Win User

How do i change my privacy settings?

You will have to go into your Xbox Live Settings and change the privacy settings, if they are restricted to a Xbox Live Gold Family then you will have to ask that parent/guardian to change it, if they say no then I am sorry, that is the only way
  5. Vinny #1 Win User

online multiplayer account permissions

Your account is a child's account and has restrictions due to this. It is linked to an adult account and only from it can you change your privacy settings.
  6. HomegrownSilky Win User

Is there a way to turn a child account into an adult account

While you can change the preferences in family settings to control a childs privacy and such, some games or their publishers have their own restrictions based on the account age. That age is deterined by the age of the Xbox account. Your family preferences will not overide restrictions set by the game publishers or the service providers (Xbox). For example, I think it is EA that restricts some online content to 13yrs and older. That cannot be changed via family preferences.
Thema:

Why am I restricted from changing privacy settings due to family restriction when i'm not...

1. Why am I restricted from changing privacy settings due to family restriction when i'm not... - Similar Threads - Why restricted changing

2. why is my xbox running bad

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is my xbox running bad: i bought my series s a few years ago and for the past year it’s been running really bad like i don’t have a 120hz monitor. My monitor that i have right now is a 165hz so it is compatible with the...
  3. Why won't xbox tell people why their xbox got banned

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't xbox tell people why their xbox got banned: I have a friend who bought a fairly new xbox from Walmart in December 2023 now to ad some context this guy is stupid he doesn't know jack about software and how to hack program and tamper. He was...
  4. Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?: I am trying to play some black ops three zombies with my friends but I cannot join them because bo3 says my nat type is strict. But when I go to my Xbox's network settings it says open and all...
  5. Why is my Rewards app showing restrictions for not following rules when I barely use it?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is my Rewards app showing restrictions for not following rules when I barely use it?: So I have just tried going on to my Rewards app and a notification came up stating: 'Your Microsoft Rewards account isn't following the rules you agreed to when you joined the programme. Review...
  6. Why my game still shows voice chat restrictions but I haven't said anything bad

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why my game still shows voice chat restrictions but I haven't said anything bad: I don't really understand why it's still doing it. 9c098a46-b81d-4583-8c63-99ceac2718cc
  7. Why does my account have restrictions?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my account have restrictions?: Hello, For some reason my account has restrictions and I'm not sure why. I'm not in a family I am over 18 I own the account 280cd1b1-7774-4b50-8d29-2337062f8430
  8. Why can’t I see photos sent to me. I am over 18 and they still say restricted.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I see photos sent to me. I am over 18 and they still say restricted.: It says the are inappropriate when they aren’t and I can’t view them but my settings say I can see all content de77221d-7d45-4a8d-97fe-2c2dfa0b01c4
  9. Why is my account access still restricted

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is my account access still restricted: I spoke with xbox support yesterday regarding suspicious activity on my account and found out a charge made by someone else was made on my account. How or why it was hacked, I don't know, but I do...
  10. Why does xcloud not work when my content restrictions are set to 18+

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does xcloud not work when my content restrictions are set to 18+: Why does xcloud not work when my content restrictions are set to 18+ 008a8f47-e625-4abc-b9fe-b8bdae19280d