Why am I not allowed to join any sea of thieves sessions?

Discus and support Why am I not allowed to join any sea of thieves sessions? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I’ve just bought the Xbox game pass and downloaded the game sea of thieves when I enter the game it tells me I’m currently not allowed to join any... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by אוהד שטרית, Dec 5, 2023.

1. Why am I not allowed to join any sea of thieves sessions?

I’ve just bought the Xbox game pass and downloaded the game sea of thieves when I enter the game it tells me I’m currently not allowed to join any sessions check account settings and try again. Why is that?

:)

אוהד שטרית, Dec 5, 2023
  2. Hoskayra Win User

Hello, אוהד ש my name is oskayra I am an independent advisor and player like you I hope I can help solve your problem today

There are a few reasons why you might be seeing the message "You are currently not allowed to join any sessions. Please check your account settings and try again" in Sea of Thieves.

Subscription Status: Ensure your Xbox Game Pass subscription is active and up to date. Sometimes, payment issues or subscription cancellations can prevent you from joining online multiplayer games. Check your Xbox subscription status to ensure it's active.

Account Settings: Check your Xbox account privacy settings to ensure that multiplayer functionality is enabled. Go to Settings > Privacy > Online Safety & Privacy > Xbox Privacy > Multiplayer and verify that "Allow others to join my multiplayer games" is set to "Allow."

Network Connectivity: Make sure your console has a stable and reliable internet connection. If your connection is unstable or slow, it could prevent you from joining multiplayer sessions. Try restarting your router and modem, or switching to a different network connection if available.

6. Game Updates: Ensure you have the latest updates for Sea of Thieves installed. Outdated game versions can sometimes cause compatibility issues with online multiplayer. Check for updates in the Microsoft Store or on your console.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  3. Chak Prospero Win User

Unable to Join Game or Accept Invites on Sea of Thieves after installing Steam version

After uninstalling and reinstalling Sea of Thieves and the Xbox Game Bar many times, I am able to invite and accept invites on Sea of Thieves Insider through the Game Bar. I am able to send invites from the Game Bar for Sea of Thieves. However, when I receive an invite or try to join in on Sea of Thieves, I still have the same problem. Sea of Thieves and Sea of Thieves Insider are two different builds. There must be a file somewhere on my computer that is not being deleted or uninstalled and it's not allowing me to accept these invites on just Sea of Thieves. I don't know how to find this file.
  4. JWingZ1 Win User

cannot connect through game bar to sea of thieves via windows 11

That option is not there for Sea of Thieves when I launch it. I do see the option for other programs like Discord or Firefox, but when I open the game bar while focused on Sea of Thieves, I just see "Sea of Thieves" with no option to remember it is a game checked or unchecked.

You are correct that I am on the steam version of Sea of Thieves. Game bar does detect that I am playing this.

I invite or join games by using the gamebar's Xbox Social window, right click the person, select Join game.
  5. CraneJackal Win User

How to fix "Can't open ms-xbl-multiplayer link"?

I don't use the cloud for any other games other than sea of thieves, as far as I can tell it's only been with sea of thieves. I normally join them instead of inviting my friend.
  6. HomegrownSilky Win User

i bought a game year and a half ago and microsoft removed it?

Is it not allowing you to download any version of Sea of Thieves at all? While they don't list it as the "Anniversary Edition" any longer, isn't everything that was there just a part of regular Sea of Thieves currently? If not, what is missing?
Thema:

1. Why am I not allowed to join any sea of thieves sessions? - Similar Threads - Why allowed join

2. Why can’t I play Fortnite Any more I keeps asking for parents to hit and allow you to play...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I play Fortnite Any more I keeps asking for parents to hit and allow you to play...: Why won’t you let me play Fortnite any more it says it needs 83.39GB and won’t let me in stall c29f4729-c0cc-4f66-b023-cb6fe76e126e
  3. Why doesn’t my Xbox series s connect to xfinity wifi I tried to login and it doesn’t allow...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn’t my Xbox series s connect to xfinity wifi I tried to login and it doesn’t allow...: I dont understand why my Xbox won’t connect to my via network 0540cb0c-6d58-4834-b2ea-cf0f37fd08f3
  4. Why does roblox not allow the user to log back into the same account after Disconnecting by...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does roblox not allow the user to log back into the same account after Disconnecting by...: I know the roblox 90- day cooldown is a thing but i Accidentally signed out. Of my account on roblox and then tried to log in the same account and i does not work (P.S if its Suppose to stop...
  5. Why am I not allowed to join my friend’s Minecraft world when I play on switch?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why am I not allowed to join my friend’s Minecraft world when I play on switch?: I play on a Switch, I bought Minecraft on my switch and Have a Microsoft account. I already tried to reset my switch and redo the wifi router. I don’t understand, I play Minecraft on a switch and...
  6. Why won't my Xbox allow me to create or join a party?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why won't my Xbox allow me to create or join a party?: Everytime I make a party or try and join one on my Xbox series S it says party encountered an error and tells me to check my Internet connection. When I check my connection it says everything is...
  7. Why is nascar heat 5 not allowing online playing

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is nascar heat 5 not allowing online playing: Why is nascar heat 5 not loading online 09b8d753-4c0e-4062-819a-24693cf0e9df
  8. Why do you allow people to get banned so easily for posting on lfg?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why do you allow people to get banned so easily for posting on lfg?: Why do you allow people to get banned so easily for posting on lfg? I've got a cheater banned and this person has come back and reported me twice, resulting in two enforcement. I used the lfg for...
  9. Why can't Microsoft/Xbox Allow Keyboard and mouse for Xbox Cloud Gaming?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't Microsoft/Xbox Allow Keyboard and mouse for Xbox Cloud Gaming?: I know there are probably a thousand people asking this question but we always get the same answers. "But players who use controllers will have an unfair disadvantage!" Well guess what, the in...
  10. Why won’t it allow me to join a group post on games?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why won’t it allow me to join a group post on games?: When i try to join group posts, such as Minecraft, i’m met with the message, “unable to send request”. this has been happening for well over a year, and i’ve gotten zero answers on the support. i...