Why am I not able to play games that are downloaded on my Seagate external hard drive?

Discus and support Why am I not able to play games that are downloaded on my Seagate external hard drive? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi! I recently ran out of storage on my Xbox Series S, so I went out and bought the Seagate 2TB external hard drive and connected it to my Xbox. On... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by milo_idk, Mar 13, 2023.

1. milo_idk
    milo_idk Guest

Why am I not able to play games that are downloaded on my Seagate external hard drive?

Hi!

I recently ran out of storage on my Xbox Series S, so I went out and bought the Seagate 2TB external hard drive and connected it to my Xbox. On the Seagate website, it says that you should be able to play games off of the hard drive but for whatever reason, it still refuses to allow it. I followed the directions exactly as they were stated on the website but hopefully I'm just doing something wrong? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but it's really frustrating me.

Thanks!

:)

milo_idk, Mar 13, 2023
  2. EvanLamping Win User

Hey Milo, unfortunately HDDs are incompatible with Series X/S games. You will have to shell out the several hundred dollars for their SSD card to expand your X/S storage. You can, however, play Xbox One and 360/Classic games with an HDD, hope this helps.
  3. Smwutches Win User

If the games are Series S/X optimized, they can only be run from the internal hard drive or the Seagate expansion card. No other external drive can run those.
  4. DDT SDT Win User

Can you play the same game on two Xboxes on the same account & Can you play one game and another game on two Xboxes?

With my Seagate 4TB, Can I moved the games to from my Uncle's Internal Hard Drive to my Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive & still play them without purchasing?
  5. GinaVallarella Win User

Error Code (0x80bd003b)

So I double checked the format and it is NTFS. And yes it is a seagate 2tb external xbox one hard drive, 3.0usb. So I am not sure why it will not let me use it for games. When the hard drive is a game drive.
  6. KindGryphon Win User

Can you play the same game on two Xboxes on the same account & Can you play one game and another game on two Xboxes?

With my Seagate 4TB, Can I moved the games to from my Uncle's Internal Hard Drive to my Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive & still play them without purchasing?
    No. It doesnt work like that.
Thema:

1. Why am I not able to play games that are downloaded on my Seagate external hard drive? - Similar Threads - Why able play

2. why am I not able to access the rewards giving page

in XBoX Accessibility
    why am I not able to access the rewards giving page: For a week now when I play the microsoft solitaire collection, i.e. the daily challenge or the todays events I no long get the rewards giving page it seems to have been removed?...
  3. Why am i not able to join when i play with my friend

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why am i not able to join when i play with my friend: Ive been trying to play with my friend for a while but whenever i join its not letting me. It just says “unable to connect to world” 2ed46b5a-12a5-4e54-9cfe-d5b9098e9fc2
  4. I want to know why it is not possible to be able to use an Xbox 360 controller to play Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I want to know why it is not possible to be able to use an Xbox 360 controller to play Xbox...: I mean seriously tho. It is mainly because my Xbox One controller is in bad condition and has bad drift on both analog sticks. i love playing the fallout series along with alot of other games i...
  5. Why would I not be able to access my friends to play on Fortnite? I can play on other games...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why would I not be able to access my friends to play on Fortnite? I can play on other games...: Why would I not be able to access my friends to play on Fortnite? I can play on other games with no issues. 7155aeef-7405-408d-b41b-6d616f274c11
  6. Why am I not able to play multiplayer Remnant 2 on Xbox S console ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I not able to play multiplayer Remnant 2 on Xbox S console ?: Can't play online multiplayer, but can connect to Xbox Live, Store, updates, etc. I have an Xbox ultimate subscription and play on a series s console. when trying "public" i get "failed to create...
  7. Why won't any of my games update after install to be able to play?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't any of my games update after install to be able to play?: I just got the Xbox x series, my first game worked like a charm, so I bought 4 more games (discs). I can get them installed but before I can play them from the disc I have to update them but none...
  8. Why are all my pc game pass games gone but i am still able to play if i forcefully open the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are all my pc game pass games gone but i am still able to play if i forcefully open the...: its saying something about an age restriction but i've never had the problem before. i don't know the exact timing of when the error started accouring. also i have screenshots of the errors but...
  9. why am i not able to play digitally purchased games bought from my old xbox to my new

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why am i not able to play digitally purchased games bought from my old xbox to my new: i have previously purchased tom clancys rainbow six seige on my old gen xbox but after buying a new gen xbox and trying to play it, it is saying that i dont own this game. this has also happened...
  10. Why has my partner's laptop stopped being able to play Ark survival (pc game pass) all of a...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why has my partner's laptop stopped being able to play Ark survival (pc game pass) all of a...: Currently play ark survival on pc, we play using the game pass (so xbox servers) my partner's laptop is much better than mine and plays it perfectly fine on high graphics. And we have our own...