Why am I having connection issues?

Discus and support Why am I having connection issues? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I’m really desperate now so hoping someone on here can help. I’ve had a bad internet connection on my Xbox for around two years now meaning that I lag... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by calumcfet, Sep 13, 2019.

1. calumcfet
    calumcfet Guest

I’m really desperate now so hoping someone on here can help.

I’ve had a bad internet connection on my Xbox for around two years now meaning that I lag and have packet loss online. It’s recently got so bad it’s made games unplayable. I have changed ISP’s, tried both wired and wireless connection and recently spoke
    to my ISP who confirmed they’ve had no problem with my internet recently. I play GOW online and my ping is flying up and down, my downloads on my Xbox fly from 50kbs to 20mbs and are really unstable.

Can anyone give me any advice or information on what I can do to improve this service? I’ve got a feeling it’s my Xbox that’s the problem but does anyone know of any settings that may be causing the problem because as I said I’ve switched ISPs and still
    the same problem.

As a side note, randomly around a year ago it worked perfectly for a day or two and my downloads were flying through so fast (I even took a video I was so shocked). But after I turned the Xbox off it went.

I’ve tried lots of things and I’m hoping someone can give me a solid solutioin.

Nat Type is open, it says there is no issue with my multiplayer connection when I test it. It is literally like the problem doesn’t exist til I download something or I’m in game. I have cleared the MAC address and restarted, I have disconnected from my internet
    and reconnected. I have restarted the modem. I have reset the console as well.

:)

calumcfet, Sep 13, 2019
  2. zDarkPunk Win User

I have the same problem, it is not your xbox, it may be our servers. when this happens restart your internet and it is solved, if it persists contact our technical support :)
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Calum,

Thanks for coming to the forums with the issue with internet connection. We recommend if you haven't you can

port forward
    . This opens up ports directly that the Xbox uses along with game servers. Also the best connection is wired. Personally even with wired for me my download speed goes up and down. If not sure how to port forward your ISP can assist you in doing
    this also. Nat type can change when you connect to the game server. For example when I played any call of duty my NAT would become strict on game server but open on my Xbox. I port forwarded had no issues after that.

Thanks,

Brad
  4. DanMen334 Win User

try to connect via ethernet, or the problem is your internet provider that doesn't give you a stable signal
  5. MerSauta Win User

Did your ISP changed the wires outside leading from your house to the pole? If not, that could lead to some of the problems you're having due to faulty wire connections to the house/pole. I had the same problem before, but I got all the outside wires changed
    and never had a problem since then.
  6. darkist1 Win User

Hi Calumcfet,

It may also depend on your internet line type, if you're using ADSL, then there's a chance you're internet is bottlenecking. if you're on fibre, there's a small chance your router isnt strong enough to handle all the traffic flow.

Incase it is your Xbox though, you may need to take the xbox in for repairs to the network ports and adapters.
Thema:

1. Why am I having connection issues? - Similar Threads - Why having connection

2. Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?: Hi, I am on PC wanting to play one block that I bought from the marketplace about a year and a half ago but when I try and download it, it stays on 0 percent. I have tried multiple methods to fix...
  3. Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty: Last week, I sent my Elite Two controller for repair because the buttons started to wear down. However, after getting it back, one of the pads (P2) is unresponsive and requires very hard presses...
  4. Why am I having issues with downloading and connectivity despite being connected to the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why am I having issues with downloading and connectivity despite being connected to the...: For a bit of context this issue has been going on for the last few days. My series X is connected to the internet with an Ethernet cord. I have run all of the network tests and they all show that...
  5. why cant my xbox connect to a wireless internet it says i have an hardware problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    why cant my xbox connect to a wireless internet it says i have an hardware problem: I have an hardware problem i cant connect to wifi 8e189b8a-4a79-4bd8-83f1-9e4c7084e9fa
  6. Why is my Xbox series x having a hard time connecting to my internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox series x having a hard time connecting to my internet?: I bought my console today and it will sometimes connect to my internet and sometimes won't. What is happening? a4192c68-8a9e-49ac-8c6e-cf4bbf18b791
  7. I have a 100% packet loss with a wired connection on my series x and I can't figure out why...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a 100% packet loss with a wired connection on my series x and I can't figure out why...: I ran "test Multiplayer connection" option and I get " You have high packet loss" " your packet loss is 100% I then run "test network speed & statistics" and get the following "DL speed 61.76 UPL...
  8. why does my Xbox series s controller have connectivity issues when I disable night mode?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my Xbox series s controller have connectivity issues when I disable night mode?: Everything is up to date including the controller firmware cbcf96dd-88f4-4cbf-998b-d490898c91b0
  9. Why do I have to restart my xbox one x in order to see my wifi name to connect to wifi?!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I have to restart my xbox one x in order to see my wifi name to connect to wifi?!: When I power off my wifi and try toconnect to a new wifi it shows no networks available until I restart the system over its so annoying and its not the wifi itself .....
  10. why does my xbox not have the same gamer tag as my xbox app? it will not let me connect my xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why does my xbox not have the same gamer tag as my xbox app? it will not let me connect my xbox: why does my xbox not have the same gamer tag as my xbox app? it will not let me connect my xbox 794d0c38-9dfb-430f-9d59-8aed0d78f4c2