Why am I getting defective controllers with my series s

Discus and support Why am I getting defective controllers with my series s in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Xbox right trigger makes scrape noises right out of the box and X button is already worn out out and gets stuck in controller, this is the second... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ������������������������, Mar 21, 2023.

1. Why am I getting defective controllers with my series s

Xbox right trigger makes scrape noises right out of the box and X button is already worn out out and gets stuck in controller, this is the second series s I gotten that crashes in the middle of games

:)

������������������������, Mar 21, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your problem has been solved. We won't be monitoring this topic going forward, so if you need more help, please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com).

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your concern here in Xbox Community Forum and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you are having issue with your Xbox Series S Wireless Controller that crashes while playing games. This kind of situation is quite annoying and could bring us a bad mode while on gaming. Let us work together as a team and sort this out. Rest assured, we will do anything in our capability to assist you with your concern.

We would like to know more about it in details so that we can provide a more accurate resolution to your concern.

1. How long have you been using with the controller?
    2. Is your Xbox controller still under warranty?
    3. Have you requested for repair or replacement with your controller?
    4. Did the crashing issue happen with specific game or happening to other games?
    5. What were the things you have done in your end to resolve the issue?
    For the meantime, here are the things that we can suggest;

1. Inspect your controller

Before you try other solutions, first inspect your controller to make sure that it’s clean, nothing is lodged in the thumbsticks or buttons, and that there’s no damage. We recommend disconnecting your controller before cleaning it. Use a soft lint-free cloth (microfiber cloths work great) dampened with a little bit of mild soap and water, isopropyl alcohol solution (70% or less), or premoistened disinfectant wipes. Never apply liquids directly to your controller. Clean every 3-6 months or whenever needed.

2. Update your controller

• Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    • Under Profile & system, select Settings.
    • Under Devices & connections, select Accessories.
    • On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select “” to check the firmware version for your controller.
    • If it says there’s no update available, your controller is current. If it says “Update,” follow the steps provided.
    • Once your controller is updated, disconnect the USB cable and try connecting wirelessly again.
    3. Check your controller's button mapping status

If you’re seeing unexpected controller behavior across all game and apps, it could mean that your controller button configuration has been remapped. To check your current controller button settings:

• Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    • Under Profile & system, select Settings.
    • Under Devices & connections, select Accessories.
    • On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select Configure.
    • Carefully review the current mapping for each of the buttons on your controller. You can also select Restore to default to set the controller back to its original button mapping.

For your reference on troubleshooting Xbox Wireless Controller, see the link below:

If your controller needs replacement or repair, see the link below:

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. The Deagnos Win User

Elite series 2 controller

My elite series 2 rb button doesnt work and i cant find a replacement button how do i fix this
    Microsoft knew the controllers were defective and still sold them as a good product. they wont do anything to fix your controller because its most like out of warranty thats why the warranty was so short. The whole elite series 2 was a scam

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/defective-xbox-series-2-elite-controller-and-class/2b11a3b7-d094-4073-97b7-da1dafba71ce
  5. Jeff_698 Win User

Controller Not Being Detected By Edge Broswer

Hi. The controller I have is "PowerA Enhanced Wired Controller for Xbox Series X|S". There is a section for PowerA in verified controllers. It use to work for me just fine for over a year. I am not sure why suddenly it is not working. Any ideas?
  6. Giugio17 Win User

Xbox series X sleep mode and startup

But, anyway, why my Xbox series s using this energy saver sleep mode, startup even using my controller?
Thema:

1. Why am I getting defective controllers with my series s - Similar Threads - Why getting defective

2. Why am I getting charge for MICROSOFT*ULTIMATE 1 MOMSBILL.INFO??I don't know what this is

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I getting charge for MICROSOFT*ULTIMATE 1 MOMSBILL.INFO??I don't know what this is: W I'm getting billed for[MICROSOFT*ULTIMATE 1 MOMSBILL.INFO] I don't know why or what it is?help please 71cfec8f-e672-4d9a-afdc-8f42dbbd5613
  3. Why do i keep getting banned?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why do i keep getting banned?: Im putting ups lfg for fallout 76 trying to sell items from my in game vendors, and i keep getting banned for it, why? What is going on with yalls moderation. Ive been banned for 2 days on 3...
  4. Why do I keep getting disconnected from forza horizon 5 servers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I keep getting disconnected from forza horizon 5 servers: For the past three days I have been constantly being disconnected from Forza horizon five servers with a message that says you have been disconnected from the server. Please try again later for...
  5. I bought a gift card with reward points on Xbox. Why would I get a code that isn't for Xbox.

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought a gift card with reward points on Xbox. Why would I get a code that isn't for Xbox.: I bought a gift card with my reward points League of Legends Gift Card-575 and it is usually sent to Xbox chat. I always set for goal in reward points for DC Universe Online League of Legends they...
  6. Why are some accounts with super offensive names not getting removed?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why are some accounts with super offensive names not getting removed?: Im playing Grand Theft Auto and some guy joins the group chat party with a swastika as his gamertag. He said he’s been reported tons of times and nothing has happened to him. Is there tags...
  7. Why would I get 3 calls n a row from xbox but nothing said ??

in XBoX on Windows
    Why would I get 3 calls n a row from xbox but nothing said ??: I received 3 calls one minute apart òn my home landlines phone. Picked it up and nothing was communicated 035c46cc-0418-4c68-ac94-1e6f3b61c511
  8. Why am I getting this update

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I getting this update: Why is my Warzone 3 getting an update but none of my friends Warzone 3’s is updating 6386b69c-c591-42b4-aef1-eb3cb2ddb9d1
  9. Why can’t kids get banned for not following community guidelines

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t kids get banned for not following community guidelines: My mate got into an argument with a kid, I intervened to get the kid to stop, the kid decided to call my mate a “bum buddy” i responded in a less appropriate manor which I admit wasn’t right, the...
  10. why is iheartradio not getting playback on xbox even though theyve updated it?

in XBoX on Windows
    why is iheartradio not getting playback on xbox even though theyve updated it?: the iheartradio app and pandora both have trouble giving playback through xbox media when playing a game.. pandora cut itself off completely where as iheartradio like pauses itsself until you...