Why am I CHARGED to change my xbox gamer tag?!

Discus and support Why am I CHARGED to change my xbox gamer tag?! in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; Why do I have to pay £8 JUST to change a name that's so expensive for what I'm paying for and why cant you just make it free to change your name like... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by IQ_, Aug 11, 2021.

1. IQ_
    IQ_ Guest

Why do I have to pay £8 JUST to change a name that's so expensive for what I'm paying for and why cant you just make it free to change your name like every half a year or something! Come on Microsoft!

[Moderator Edit: Moved from the Community Participation Centre ]

:)

2. Mr. Trust_A Win User

Hello,

I don't work for Microsoft. Just a forum user like you!

Usually, your Xbox gamertag is either automatically created for you the first time you sign in or you can change it once for free. However, all future gamertag changes would require a fee and the charge may depend on your region and currency.

For your reference:
    Change your gamertag on Xbox One (microsoft.com)
    Xbox Support

Hope this helps.

Regards,
  3. Leo Ascendent Win User

Well, you get one freebie, so you must've changed it once for free. As for why you have to pay, it's a service being provided, and to minimize abuse.

Alternatively, you can create a new tag, or save points from the rewards program and do it for free after you save points.
  4. SlickCub4430951 Win User

Unwanted Name Change made by Microsoft

i have just had a gamer tag forced on me that i dont want and that i personally feel is offence why should i be given a gamer tag i feel is offence and have to pay to have it changed when the reason it was changed is because someone was offended why have
    i no be given a free gamer tag change why am i being forced to pay for a new one!
  5. KindColt9422171 Win User

Xbox changed gamertag without notice

okay so i have an issue, i think i got a force gamer tag change, but my problem is i no longer have the email that i used with this gamer tag. the email i currently use is linked to my other gamertag and i don't use that gamer tag anymore. how can i change
    my current gamertag to my current email without it linking my current email to a older gamer tag? ALSO if you did ban me and give me some really weak , wack gamer tag, how come you are trying to charge me to change my gamer tag? because if that is the case,
    this xbox one will be sold for a ps4.
  6. BIGBOY x 760 Win User

gamertag

Why did my gamer-tag change? It really didn't offend nobody ( BIgBOyLuvMiLPhz )it was a funny gamer-tag to make people laugh and this was my first time actually getting reported. My friends gamer-tag were funny but when they got reported they had to change
    there gamer-tag to something else or they couldn't play live at all and you gave them a (FREE GAMER-TAG CHANGE), how come I cant get that opportunity to change my gamer-tag?
Thema:

1. Why am I CHARGED to change my xbox gamer tag?! - Similar Threads - Why CHARGED change

2. Why won’t my charge and play charge

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my charge and play charge: I recently bought a new shock blue controller for my Series S along with a charge and play battery pack. Suddenly the pack won’t charge in the controller. I put the charge and play battery pack in...
  3. why am I not allowed to start games on my series s through my USB hard drive, they charge...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why am I not allowed to start games on my series s through my USB hard drive, they charge...: I got a hard drive in just to test if it would let me install more stuff and it showed 1tb on the storage space thing, I thought it was all set up but apparently I can't play the games by the USB...
  4. Why have I been charged 12.99 for 14 day trial when i pay for game pass every month

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why have I been charged 12.99 for 14 day trial when i pay for game pass every month: Why have I been charged for microsoft 14 day trial when I pay for the game pass every month. 12.99 has came out of my account not happy d1b64e8e-02c3-41d0-9821-bc5430d50b64
  5. Why when my son purchased a game add-on online and was charged twice for one transaction,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why when my son purchased a game add-on online and was charged twice for one transaction,...: Why hasn't my son's account been refunded when Microsoft changed him twice on a transaction?? 71c00a9c-856c-488d-a5ac-e1786dcf6b94
  6. Why am I being charged for something I never purchased?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I being charged for something I never purchased?: Why am I being charged for something I never purchased? 0c2dfc80-7d46-4fc5-9e8e-cd9c884aadb0
  7. Why have I been charged full price for game pass ultimate, when the pane in Xbox OS...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why have I been charged full price for game pass ultimate, when the pane in Xbox OS...: I’ve been charged full price for Xbox game pass Ultimate, and I had clicked on an advertisement for $1. I’ll have to cancel this evening I guess. 37d1dac1-fa98-457e-ba62-d5833c7cae5a
  8. Why do Microsoft charge for changing a gamer tag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why do Microsoft charge for changing a gamer tag: the only benefit I see is greed by a big corporation absolutely scandalous there is no reason for this charge you should be allowed to change it once a year for free...
  9. Why the Xbox charge me twice for fc24 in different price?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why the Xbox charge me twice for fc24 in different price?: I just purchased fc24 inside fifa23?And when I wanted to download it I couldn't find the game and then I go search outside the store then need me to purchase again in different price?how is this...
  10. why did i get charged twice for a gamertag change?

in XBoX Accessibility
    why did i get charged twice for a gamertag change?: as you can see there are two different order numbers for two different payments and the same charge for the same thing two different times a24b19b2-01ca-4c53-942d-a1dba0cfa474