Why am I being asked to prove I have purchased a game via my mobile 'phone and have...

Discus and support Why am I being asked to prove I have purchased a game via my mobile 'phone and have... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I redeemed an Xbox Gift Card and bought Red Dead Redemption II via my mobile 'phone. I then uploaded the game onto my Xbox Series S console, which took... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Brian Bennett2, Jan 11, 2023.

1. Why am I being asked to prove I have purchased a game via my mobile 'phone and have...

I redeemed an Xbox Gift Card and bought Red Dead Redemption II via my mobile 'phone. I then uploaded the game onto my Xbox Series S console, which took a while but the game did install. When I selected the game on my console to play it, I was given an error code and asked to go to the Microsoft Store because the system did not recognise me as having paid for it. I have tried almost anything and everything to get around the 'store' issue to no avail. I continued to try and find a way around this issue to the extent that, despite the game consuming almost half of my 512GB, I cannot now find it on my system. This has been a most distressful time! I believe this is a known issue to Microsoft and that there is no fix? That is NOT good enough! I want my £25 Gift Card refunded and I want to know how to remove what is now consuming space in my system which I will need should I want to download other games. I feel like returning the console, asking for a refund and buying a Playstation 5 instead. I am very disappointed and most surprised at your dismissive approach to what is a known issue, with NO fix and NO ETA for same?

:)

Brian Bennett2, Jan 11, 2023
  2. Smwutches Win User

Why am I being asked to prove I have purchased a game via my mobile 'phone and have transferred same to my Xbox Series S console?

This was resolved in another thread.
  3. Nathan Roberts (SN) Win User

Why am I being asked to prove I have purchased a game via my mobile 'phone and have transferred same to my Xbox Series S console?

Hey there, Brian Bennett2

If the payment is showing as declined. Did the balance on your Microsoft account return to £25?

If not, then you would need to contact Xbox Support, so they are able to investigate your account and work out what is happening on their side. You can contact Xbox Support via this link: Contact us | Xbox Support

Please use the 'request call back' option that should be available. If it isn't, please play around with the different options until it is.

Hope this helps,

Nathan
  4. andersonpassos Win User

5. Brian Bennett2 Win User

Yes I can! I wasn't going mad after all! So what does this mean, how does it help?

While I have you, what about the credit balance of £6.86 which I should have, this being the balance of the £25 Gift Card I had uploaded/redeemed?

Appreciate your support!

Best regards,

Brian Bennett

PS. The transaction detail suggests the payment was DECLINED? How can that be? What is that about?
  6. Steve Of The O Win User

How Do You Download Dawnguard Without XBox LIVE?

Quite presumptuous of you really. They may both have mobile braodband via wireless pointer, the DL restrictions not being very good for people who game online. Or they may use the internet on their mobile phones.

Here's another example of being presumptuous : Why haven't you got a Gold account? get a job and maybe you'd be able to afford it!
Thema:

Why am I being asked to prove I have purchased a game via my mobile 'phone and have...

1. Why am I being asked to prove I have purchased a game via my mobile 'phone and have... - Similar Threads - Why being asked

2. Why am I having issues with downloading and connectivity despite being connected to the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why am I having issues with downloading and connectivity despite being connected to the...: For a bit of context this issue has been going on for the last few days. My series X is connected to the internet with an Ethernet cord. I have run all of the network tests and they all show that...
  3. Why is my controller acting like the left joystick is being pushed to the left?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my controller acting like the left joystick is being pushed to the left?: I don’t know why but my series S controller started freaking out and pulling to the left without me moving it. It never did this before, but now it’s impossible for me to move it to the right one...
  4. Why is my Gamerscore constantly being altered?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Gamerscore constantly being altered?: Since last October and throughout every month as I earn Achievements my Gamerscore obviously reflects that.The problem arises when after initial correct display within minutes it has been reduced...
  5. Why am I being denied a refund?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I being denied a refund?: I have requested 3 times to refund a game that keeps getting denied. On the Xbox refund page it says that the criteria for a refund are that it has been played for less than 2 hours and I have not...
  6. why is my audio being picked up through the xbox and not my microphone

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is my audio being picked up through the xbox and not my microphone: when playing with my friends my mic wasn’t working/ “sounding like i was talking through a microwave” so they muted my chat and it still said it was picking up audio so i then completely unplugged...
  7. Am I allowed to have 2 copies of Minecraft on the same PC Account? Why is my refund being...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Am I allowed to have 2 copies of Minecraft on the same PC Account? Why is my refund being...: I completed the Minecraft post-migration process just prior to the December 18, 2023 deadline. This was supposed to give me a free copy of Minecraft. I also accidentally bought the game for this...
  8. Why am I being charged for something I never purchased?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I being charged for something I never purchased?: Why am I being charged for something I never purchased? 0c2dfc80-7d46-4fc5-9e8e-cd9c884aadb0
  9. Why am I not receiving level 2 discounts for redeeming despite being level 2?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I not receiving level 2 discounts for redeeming despite being level 2?: Despite earning well over 500 points this week and my account stating that I am level 2, I am not being given a level 2 discount for redeeming. It only presents the level 1 pricing for redeeming....
  10. Why am I being asked to pay for games that I have already purchased through the Microsoft...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I being asked to pay for games that I have already purchased through the Microsoft...: I cannot download the games that I have already purchased through the Microsoft Store. My previous orders are all listed, but they have "completed" next to them, and no way to download again. I...