Why after 4 years, we still can't change the language of the X Box/Game Pass App?

Discus and support Why after 4 years, we still can't change the language of the X Box/Game Pass App? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I don't want to change my Desktop language, but I hate those cheap localized local versions of games. f645aac9-81a3-434d-abcc-ca09f3240dac Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Sam Kretz, Apr 27, 2023.

1. Sam Kretz
    Sam Kretz Guest

Why after 4 years, we still can't change the language of the X Box/Game Pass App?

I don't want to change my Desktop language, but I hate those cheap localized local versions of games.

:)

Sam Kretz, Apr 27, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Welcome to the community.

Hello Sam, unfortunately Microsoft does not provide this option in the App.

However, you can use use the former Uservoice, that now works on Insider on the Reddit platform to make this recommendation to Microsoft.

Insider Ideas

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/wiki/ideas/
  3. Shonelemming Win User

How to change language in Destiny 2? (PC)

No I have not reinstalled the game after changing the display language and region. But what I've done was reinstall the Xbox app, which didn't change the language at all. Should I still try reinstalling the game?
  4. hatarez Win User

Can’t redeem code

"Change your language region in settings"

"You can't aquire this item in your current selected language"

Language selected in settings: English US

Location United States

Is this game in Russian? German? What language I have to change to? Also, why 3 out of 4 codes worked just fine and this is picky?
  5. CubusPL Win User

Halo 4 audio language

Version of language in halo 4 is linked with your copy of game. you can't change game audio language.
  6. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

I have an Xbox Game Pass membership. I can't change the language on the computer

Hi Alison M! I hope you are well, delighted to be able to offer you my help!

I'm sorry that your game is not in English, we can try some steps to solve it.

1. Open the Xbox app on your computer.
    2. Click the “Settings” button (gear icon) in the lower left corner of the window.
    3. Select “General” from the left menu.
    4. In the “Region and Language” section, make sure the language is set to English.
    5. Close the Xbox app and restart your computer.
    6. Open the Xbox app again and check if the game language has changed.

If none of this works, you will have to change it in your Xbox Companion app or Game Pass app. If not, there should be a setting within the game.

Best regards,
    Daniel.
Thema:

1. Why after 4 years, we still can't change the language of the X Box/Game Pass App? - Similar Threads - Why years still

2. WHY IS THIS STILL A THING 2 YEARS LATER?!?!?!

in XBoX on Consoles
    WHY IS THIS STILL A THING 2 YEARS LATER?!?!?!: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/please-fix-the-xbox-series-2-elite-controller/6d6ede9e-9057-4e58-adde-09210e6ab9f0 This is completely RIDICULOUS. This is the same issue that I...
  3. Why am I still banned/suspended on xbox for a whole year after my appeal was approved?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why am I still banned/suspended on xbox for a whole year after my appeal was approved?: So I received a suspension for changing my gamerpic to a photo of kevin james photoshopped with a black box covering him, the suspension lasts a entire year. I went to the enforcement page to...
  4. Why remove GTA 5 from games pass, its 11 years old and it contantly gets removed from games...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why remove GTA 5 from games pass, its 11 years old and it contantly gets removed from games...: First of all, most of the games similar age to it remains 24/7 on the streaming service and let's not forget the time it was on cloud, GTA 5 was the Most popular game on cloud gaming, keeping the...
  5. After so many years, why is xbox cloud gaming still in beta and doesn't have support from...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    After so many years, why is xbox cloud gaming still in beta and doesn't have support from...: Question posed above. While it's a great concept, with many people going to digital copies with minimal storage on the new consoles. Why is the cloud gaming still so poor? Servers need a massive...
  6. Why did my account get permanently suspended even though in 8 years ive only ever had one...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did my account get permanently suspended even though in 8 years ive only ever had one...: I recently was given a permanent ban because my gamer pic “violated the Community Standards.” The pic in question was of Buffalo Bills Head Coach Sean McDermott photoshopped with a beard and...
  7. Why can’t I find my games I had for years. Does it have something to do with Xbox ultimate...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I find my games I had for years. Does it have something to do with Xbox ultimate...: I’ve had many games took from me, these games I actually paid for digitally, through the Microsoft store , then out of nowhere, I think it something to do with either my ultimate subscription...
  8. Why cant i play my previously owned digital games after my 2 year gamepass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant i play my previously owned digital games after my 2 year gamepass?: For several years i have owned Halo The Master Chief Collection (and DLC) Plants Vs Zombies Castle Crashers Battle Block Theater and recently after my 24 month Xbox Game Pass Ultimate...
  9. Why was the game I bought years ago deleted from my library and all of my achievements for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why was the game I bought years ago deleted from my library and all of my achievements for...: I bought an arcade game many years ago and beat it while also earning a number of achievements for it. Now I own an Xbox again and I wanted to replay it but to my surprise Microsoft wants me to...
  10. Why is this still happening years later?

in XboX Insiders
    Why is this still happening years later?: I've noticed that it only does it on videos of games and not any other like a podcast, comedy, or challenge type video now but still. I can't believe it's still happening and I can't find any fix....