Who keeps "LOCKING" threads and Why??

Discus and support Who keeps "LOCKING" threads and Why?? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have found no less than 50 posts for the topic: "X-Box One X Wireless Display app fails to connect to Windows 10" (or very similar). They all contain... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by cLOWNgOD, Sep 24, 2020.

1. cLOWNgOD
    cLOWNgOD Guest

I have found no less than 50 posts for the topic: "X-Box One X Wireless Display app fails to connect to Windows 10" (or very similar). They all contain countless posts which confirm the issue is valid. In each case someone (presumably a Microsoft representative?)
    has "LOCKED" the thread INSTEAD off pursuing the issue and providing a fix!!!!

I've seen this behavior for many other threads as well. It's bad enough Microsoft doesn't man up and provide a support number, but even when we DO go to a forum, the whole "Locking" thing ensures that that too is a support Dead End.

This type of behavior is what sours people on Microsoft.

:)

cLOWNgOD, Sep 24, 2020
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

Threads are locked by official staff or forum moderators, usually because a thread is a few months old, and is no longer relevant, or the issue was solved and is locked to prevent repetitive answers. If you have a problem yourself, make a new thread, so
    someone can help with your issue.
  3. XBF Amber M Win User

Why do you keep locking threads?

Hey Ricoo_01,

Threads are normally locked due to some violation or another of the
    Xbox Forums Guidelines
    , in general; however, many times it is due to new posts reviving older threads.

Hope this information helps you understand the forums a bit better.

Happy gaming!
  4. CrazyMvM94 Win User

I'm part of the community.

And who keeps rating my threads down and why? :mad:
  5. Smwutches Win User

How do these forums really work, anyway?

It's hard to tell why the thread was locked. More than likely it was locked to keep from turning into just a giant argument thread (which wasn't your fault, but is not allowed on the forums).

Unfortunately, Homegrown was correct though. There's not anyone on the forums who can really provide any sort of resolution or explanation for you. You would have to continue to try working with support directly, but even they may not be able to do anything
    since the hard drive was not an official drive.
  6. Goth Vampirella Win User

Switching 360 Forum info to Xbox One

As someone who brought this up in a thread a few weeks ago... (thread was locked because it had already been talked about according to the last post in the thread by the moderator who locked it) I demand this thread be
    locked. lol j/k I'm guessing my thread was locked because... well... ok, there was probably really no reason to lock it.
    :)

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/general_discussion/general_discussion/f/3817/t/1901603.aspx

Thema:

1. Who keeps "LOCKING" threads and Why?? - Similar Threads - keeps LOCKING threads

2. Xbox game bar keeps giving an error and saying to "try to send this message again later"

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar keeps giving an error and saying to "try to send this message again later": I try to send a message and it won't send it. At first I could resolve it but just resetting the app in apps in features. Now it seems like every other message I have to do it. It also says when I...
  3. i keep getting error code 0x8000FFFF when i try to start a party on the XSS

in XBoX on Consoles
    i keep getting error code 0x8000FFFF when i try to start a party on the XSS: i’ve done everything i can think of and even went as far as taking my xbox apart, cleaning it, AND reapplying thermal paste. factory reset unplug for 8 hours( i full power down and unplug it...
  4. How can I download my xbox profile to my xbox 360 when its os keeps telling me my password...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I download my xbox profile to my xbox 360 when its os keeps telling me my password...: And don't give me some **** about two-step verification cause I got it disabled. 4f9e9087-d930-4e81-8174-5ac69ca0e78d
  5. Why does Microsoft Flight sim keep locking out my microsoft account password?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does Microsoft Flight sim keep locking out my microsoft account password?: If I leave the game inactive overnight, I wake up with an email saying 'We think that someone might have accessed the Microsoft account ****." And now my password needs to be reset. Well, I've...
  6. Locked out of xbox account and my recovery forms keep being denied

in XBoX Accessibility
    Locked out of xbox account and my recovery forms keep being denied: I recently tried logging into my Xbox account and found that it had been locked and required me to verify it was me using a phone number which no longer exists. As that was impossible, I tried...
  7. Why does Microsoft keep locking my account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does Microsoft keep locking my account?: It began God knows how long ago. I got locked out of my account and I couldn't get it back because of the phone verification anti-spam system. It makes no sense because I could change my password...
  8. Why does my account keep getting randomly locked

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my account keep getting randomly locked: I have played games for a while, and when I got my Microsoft account, I had to start paying money. Recently however, I keep going offline for long periods of time, and when I get back online, I...
  9. I been locked out my own account with security keeping me out

in XBoX Accessibility
    I been locked out my own account with security keeping me out: Hi, I recently been locked out of my account after my Xbox forced reset, causing me to be logged out my account. I originally forgot my password and tried my old ones a few times. Then once I...
  10. Someone keeps trying to sign into my account, but keeps failing. This locks my account so I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Someone keeps trying to sign into my account, but keeps failing. This locks my account so I...: Hello! I recently tried to sign into my Microsoft account, but failed as my account was locked due to too many failed sign in attempts. I then looked at the history of my account and saw this:...