White screen when trying to sign in on Xbox Series S

Discus and support White screen when trying to sign in on Xbox Series S in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; After I left my new Xbox Series S console on to download some games the console auto switched off after an hour, then when I turned it back on again I... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Mark5001, Jul 1, 2022.

1. Mark5001
    Mark5001 Guest

After I left my new Xbox Series S console on to download some games the console auto switched off after an hour, then when I turned it back on again I kept getting a white screen when I tried to to sign in with my Microsoft account.

I tried resetting the console and deleting and reentering my account which worked, but when I left the console on again to finish downloading my games and it auto switched off again I got the same problem with the white screen of death after powering up the console again and trying to sign in.

:)

Mark5001, Jul 1, 2022
  2. [ A J ] Win User

Hi, MarkTyrrell1!

My name is AJ, I'm an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.

I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues signing in.

I understand your console is showing a white screen when trying to sign in to your profile. Would you mind giving this a try?

- Remove your account by going to Settings > Account > Remove Accounts

- Press the Xbox button to open the guide, go to the Profile & system tab > Add or switch > Add new > and sign back into your account.

- Go to Settings > Account > Sign-in, security & passkey > Change my sign-in & security preferences > and disable passkey/password requirements to sign in. You can also set sign-in preferences to "No barriers".

• If the previous steps don't work, please try a soft factory reset.

To do this:

- Turn your console off.

- Unplug all external storage units from the console's USB ports.

- Turn your console on.

- Go to Settings > System > Console Info > Reset console > Keep games and apps.

Just keep in mind you will need an internet connection and your account details (email and password) to complete this process.

* Resetting your console to its factory defaults erases all accounts, saved games, settings, and home Xbox associations. Anything not synchronized with Xbox Live will be lost. If your console has been constantly connected to the internet and Xbox Live services, your saved data should be backed up on the cloud.

• If your console won't let you access the settings menu to reset your console, try doing it through the troubleshooting menu instead. Like this:

- Turn your console off and unplug it for 30 seconds.

- Plug your console back into the outlet.

- While the console is off, press and hold the BIND button.

- Without letting go of it, press the power button once (do not hold).

- Continue holding BIND for 15 seconds.

* The BIND button is the one used to link controllers to your console.

If the troubleshooting menu comes up, select "Reset Xbox" > "Keep games and apps".

I hope this helps!

Please let me know if you have any questions.
  3. Paul Clarke1 Win User

Issue signing in

My son entered incorrect passkey several times. It then says to “Try your password instead” when I click on AUTHORISE button to enter password I’m also displayed with this white screen with no way of signing in. Haven’t found a way around it yet. Anybody got any ideas? (Xbox series x)
  4. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

White screen when I try to sign into profile

Hi Orbit N! I hope you are well, delighted to be able to offer you my help!

I am very sorry that you are experiencing the white screen problem, but don't worry, I will do everything possible to help you. For this, we must restore the console saving your data and applications.

Follow these steps:

- Turn off your console.
    - Unplug all external storage drives from the console's USB ports.
    - Turn on your console.
    - Go to Settings > System > Console Info > Reset Console > Keep Games & Apps.

Just keep in mind that you will need an internet connection and your account details (email and password) to complete this process.

Resetting your console to factory defaults erases all accounts, saved games, settings, and home Xbox partnerships. Anything not synced with Xbox Live will be lost. If your console has been constantly connected to the Internet and Xbox Live services, your saved data should be backed up to the cloud.

• If your console does not allow you to access the settings menu to reset it, try doing it through the troubleshooting menu. So:

- Turn off your console and unplug it for 30 seconds.
    - Plug your console back into the outlet.
    - While the console is off, press and hold the BIND button.
    - Without releasing it, press the power button once (do not hold it down).
    - Continue pressing BIND for 15 seconds.

The BIND button is the one used to bind controllers to your console.

If the troubleshooting menu appears, select "Reset Xbox" > "Keep games and apps."

Let me know if this information was useful to you, otherwise I will be attentive to continue helping you!

Best regards,
    Daniel.
  5. Gamer with Lyme Win User

Xbox series x (Box Only)

Many people try to scam others when it comes to new console releases. People are so desperate to buy the new console they don't look at what they are actually buying. For example I seen a PS5 go for $6700 on ebay the other day. That is crazy Also seen
    a listing for a xbox series console ( s or x was never stated in the listing) which was the original xbox. Another listing was for a Xbox Series X white edition with a 512gb drive. Obviously this was just the Series S someone was trying to sell as a Series
    X
  6. IrisLu1 Win User

Minecraft

Same, it takes me to a white screen that’s apparently already loaded when I try to sign into MC PE. I can’t sign in or play with my friends.
Thema:

1. White screen when trying to sign in on Xbox Series S - Similar Threads - White screen trying

2. Every time I load up a game and try to go into an actual game, my screen will turn white...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Every time I load up a game and try to go into an actual game, my screen will turn white...: Ive tried to do everything I know when it comes to factory resetting the whole Xbox with and without games. Its strange as a he white screen only happens when I try to load into an actual game. If...
  3. White screen on sign in

in XBoX Accessibility
    White screen on sign in: Good morning, I am getting really frustrated with a reoccurring problem on my daughter's console (Series S). Each time they sign in, they are met with a white screen which prevents them getting...
  4. White screen issue on Xbox serie s

in XBoX on Consoles
    White screen issue on Xbox serie s: Hello i'm having the white screen problem every time i try to log into my account. I've done 3 factory reset so far but doesn't seem to work. Can somebody help me please?...
  5. When choosing my profile and entering my password a white screen will appear. I have tried...

in XBoX on Windows
    When choosing my profile and entering my password a white screen will appear. I have tried...: Can't get the white screen off after entering my password to log in. I've tried the soft reboot power cycle and removing the account and adding it back. Nothing is working. Any other tips?...
  6. Getting a white screen everytime i tried signing in

in XBoX Accessibility
    Getting a white screen everytime i tried signing in: Okay so, every time i tried signing in to my account it just shows a white screen. I tried every method that everyone says it works and for some odd reason it doesnt work for me. For example I...
  7. When I try to sign in via windows apps I get white screen

in XBoX Accessibility
    When I try to sign in via windows apps I get white screen: For example, I am trying to sign in Xbox game pass and the app gets stuck in white with just a moment text, but when I try to sign in with another account I don't get this problem....
  8. White screen when trying to log in.

in XboX Insiders
    White screen when trying to log in.: When i open the xbox app everything works as it should but when i try to log in i run into a problem. There is just a whitescreen that pops up everytime and then after like 3 seconds it goes away...
  9. White screen when I try to sign into profile

in XBoX Accessibility
    White screen when I try to sign into profile: Hi! I bought an Xbox account last night and changed the primary email and password. I’ve been playing all day today and I hop off for a few hours and now the account is requiring me to sign in...
  10. Why does it just go to a white screen when I try to log into my Xbox series X?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does it just go to a white screen when I try to log into my Xbox series X?: I have to put my Microsoft password in every time and now it’s on a white screen only.I’ve tried the recommended soft reset and now it’s only a white screen and can only bring up the option to...