While starting, MSFS2020 orders Game Disk although digital ownership version

Discus and support While starting, MSFS2020 orders Game Disk although digital ownership version in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; After last update of MSFS2020 and XBOX done on Dec 10th, MSFS aborts loading with the message PLEASE INSERT THE MICROSOFT FILGHT SIMULATOR GAME DISK... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JohnnyCG, Dec 12, 2022.

1. JohnnyCG
    JohnnyCG Guest

After last update of MSFS2020 and XBOX done on Dec 10th, MSFS aborts loading with the message PLEASE INSERT THE MICROSOFT FILGHT SIMULATOR GAME DISK although the game was bought for PC via Microsoft Store (including digital ownership) in Summer 2021 and run properly since then. Anyone with the same problem / an idea on how to fix? Already tried with no effect: checked Xbox network ->OK - re-installed Xbox app -> no effect

:)

JohnnyCG, Dec 12, 2022
  2. Glenn Rue Win User

Hello JohnnyCG!

Thank you for contacting our Microsoft Community Forum. Please accept our most sincere hope that everything is in order.

We understand that you're having trouble playing Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020. It seems that after updates were installed you know get the message to insert a disk for the game despite buying digital copy.

That's a very uncomfortable situation to be in thus I truly hope with my help we can work together to get past this issue. But to help you better, I have to ask:

1) You've mentioned re-installing the Xbox App. Does that mean you are using Xbox app described in the link below?

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/apps/xbox-app-for-pc

2) If you are using the Xbox App for PC can you then tell me what version of Windows you are using? We specifically need the edition and version number of Windows your device is running. To find out which version of Windows your device is running, press the Windows logo key + R, type winver in the Open box, and then select OK. You'll get the window below and we need the information highlighted in red.

[​IMG]

3) How long have you had this problem? Days? Weeks? Months?

4) Can you provide us a photo of your System Information window similar to the sample below? To get to this window please type msinfo32 in the Search box. Right-click System Information in the search results and select Run as administrator.

[​IMG]

I hope to hear from you soon.

Respectful

Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Glenn Rue Win User

You're welcome, JohnnyCG

Glad this has been resolved. About you last question I'll have bring this up to our internal support team for further review. I should have an update for you in a week or two.

Keep in mind though it's the holidays to there might be a delay.

Respectfully,

Glenn
  4. Glenn Rue Win User

Hi JohnnyCG!

So, after consulting colleagues with these last two questions of yours we have come to the conclusion that you will get the answers to these by contacting the add-on developers using the steps from the link below.

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com...r-to-report-a-bug-or-a-problem-with-an-add-on

Keep in mind that this is an issue within the game. Thus, the need to contact the developer. If the game did not launch that is something we can help.

Enjoy the holidays!

Respectfully,

Glenn
  5. JohnnyCG Win User

Dear Glenn
    Thank you very much for your prompt reply.

In the meantime, I was able to resolve the problems by myself. I found two root causes, both on my side:
    1. Teredo Server connection was instable -> repaired

2. Add-ons:
    As a very big freak of MSFS (using it since 1995), I downloaded about 1'400 add-ons from various sources for MSFS 2020 so far. To select the third-party cities, airfields/airports in the area I want to fly in, I use an add-on management tool, this prior to launching MSFS. This to avoid very long loading time. This procedure shows high effectiveness and efficiency.

Now, it came to my mind to try the same with add-ons downloaded from MarketPlace inside the game and moved respective folders/files from it's C:\Users\...\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore folder to another place on D:\

When starting MSFS 2020 for the first time after this it worked properly, showing respective add-ons in ContentManager as not-installed via MSFS but installed via add-on management tool.

But trying to launch MSFS 2020 for the next time, the failure as described in my first post occured.

Since moving all these folders back to it's official place ...\OneStore, the MSFS 2020 is running again great as expected and always experienced!!!

Therefore, there is no need to loose more time on my above described problems, they are resolved.

But please let me ask this additional question:

Is it possible to easily activate or deactivate add-ons downloaded and installed from MarketPlace depending on where you want to fly, this prior to launch the sim?
    And if yes, how to do this?

Thank you very much for your time and engagement

Best regards

Johnny
  6. ngocphi Win User

Cole war

Ok when you say you own thr game do you mean you bought the disk or thr digital copy?

If disk then no as you don't own the digital game and no you do need the disk to verify ownership

As with every other digital only console you nerd digital ownership
Thema:

1. While starting, MSFS2020 orders Game Disk although digital ownership version - Similar Threads - While starting MSFS2020

2. Why did I suddenly start getting lag spikes while playing games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did I suddenly start getting lag spikes while playing games?: I play on PC, I have no issues outside of gaming and get about 500-600mbps download and upload speeds with and without an ethernet connection. I never used to have any of these issues until I came...
  3. Can't screenshot, alt-tab or use windows key to open start menu while being fullscreen in...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't screenshot, alt-tab or use windows key to open start menu while being fullscreen in...: I've had this issue for a while with my PC and I thought it was a problem with a few specific games, until I bought a laptop. While playing the games on my laptop, I am able to screenshot, alt-tab...
  4. Iheart radio app can't play in the background while I'm gaming It starts playing once I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Iheart radio app can't play in the background while I'm gaming It starts playing once I...: I've tried clearing out the cache restarting hard reseting uninstalling the iheart radio app nothing. Need suggestions. 2073bc2f-fd2c-4e3b-9da0-f55b6ed8c17e
  5. How can I find out what build version my xbox is while I currently have a start up error e102

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I find out what build version my xbox is while I currently have a start up error e102: I'm trying to do an offline update due to start up error e102 but I'm being asked for build version. I know it's in settings console details etc. How can I find this info if I can't start up the...
  6. How do I "start recording" while my Xbox One is offline?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I "start recording" while my Xbox One is offline?: QUESTION: I would like to start recording (to create a game capture) while my Xbox One X is not connected to the internet. How do I do that? DETAILS OF THE PROBLEM: If the xbox has an internet...
  7. file error -2143322101 while trying to start up any of my xbox gamepass games

in XBoX on Windows
    file error -2143322101 while trying to start up any of my xbox gamepass games: Lately I got Xbox game pass and I was having a great time until I ran into a problem and now I can't start any of my Xbox games. Does anybody have an idea of what might be causing it?...
  8. Error while trying to start Games on Xbox One S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error while trying to start Games on Xbox One S: Hey Guys, I have been facing this error when I try to start the games on my Xbox which were digitally bought and downloaded. It tells me 'For some reason, The Witcher 3 has taken too long to...
  9. Halo master chief collection crashes while synching data at start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo master chief collection crashes while synching data at start: Hi! I've this weird problem with the game recently, on xbox one and pc. everytime I launch the game and press start at the main menu the game tries to sync and it crashes but If I'm offline the...
  10. Don't stream games while it's raining when your in a car you start to play halo on a Gameboy

in XboX Insiders
    Don't stream games while it's raining when your in a car you start to play halo on a Gameboy: [IMG] submitted by /u/livenewme [link] [comments]