Which type of disk to use for recording Blu-Ray video for Xbox One S playback?

Discus and support Which type of disk to use for recording Blu-Ray video for Xbox One S playback? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Any video produced won't work, maybe need a hard drive formatted to FAT, then copy the Bluray film to a certain filetype? A factory made Bluray or 4k... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by ScarIet Jester, Nov 4, 2021.

1. Which type of disk to use for recording Blu-Ray video for Xbox One S playback?

Any video produced won't work, maybe need a hard drive formatted to FAT, then copy the Bluray film to a certain filetype? A factory made Bluray or 4k Bluray works perfect, as well as a recordable DVD-R. I have Nero, the program puts Bluray onto Memorex BD-R 25mb flawlessly and it plays well on my DVD player from last century, everything except my xbox. I don't think a power cycle would work, I formatted and hard reset the console several times, and it is only Bluray Recordables that completely refuse to play I guess due to the app not working properly as everyone keeps saying.

:)

ScarIet Jester, Nov 4, 2021
  2. ScarIet Jester Win User

There is also no longer support of any playback of files from Nero into wmv or anything. You can put the flash drive into FAT format, they still do not play in any formats I have tried. Not sure if you need to buy a portable hard drive and put it into FAT format, it seems to be some kind of compatibility issue with Nero, a different program produces MP4's without any issues, some type of setting or something?
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

It will not play burned discs due to piracy concerns.
  4. Jesse E' Win User

Hello Scarlet, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

It seems the video recording is in a format that isn't recognizable to the Xbox One S.
  5. ScarIet Jester Win User

Not sure why you would say it will not play burned disks, it plays dvd-r's without problems, I just no longer use them with the Bluray having better image quality. No one I know uses the low quality pirated films, they are made too poorly, certainly never on Bluray, just cheaply made DVD-R's all of the time,the xbox would have no issue there, just Bluray disks.
  6. Paruchda Win User

Xbox One S - DVD & Blu-ray audio out of sync - DVD audio/video sync worse

UPDATE: Xbox One S returned. No solution for audio sync issue on DVD/Blu-ray playback.

After scouring the internet I cannot find a solution. The Xbox Support seems to be correct. There was an issue with the Xbox One S where the audio was not in sync with the video on DVD and Blu-ray playback. I returned the Xbox One S.

Hopefully few other experience the issue.

Good Luck!
Thema:

1. Which type of disk to use for recording Blu-Ray video for Xbox One S playback? - Similar Threads - type disk recording

2. Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?: I am trying to play some black ops three zombies with my friends but I cannot join them because bo3 says my nat type is strict. But when I go to my Xbox's network settings it says open and all...
  3. How do I fix my NAT type to open on my Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my NAT type to open on my Xbox series X?: Just having trouble fixing my NAT type. 2614125e-f0eb-49fd-9bac-270a7cb428ba
  4. Cant type anything on xbox series s

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant type anything on xbox series s: Keyboard works ok after factory reset when putting account but when i get all done and go to store trying to type anything i can only put 1 letter and goes crazy. The cursor goes in the corner of...
  5. How to keep NAT type as open?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to keep NAT type as open?: Hello. Recently, I've gone through the process of changing the NAT type on my Xbox One X to open using the steps provided on Xbox Support, but after around a day, I've noticed that if the NAT Type...
  6. What type of monitor should I get for the Xbox Series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What type of monitor should I get for the Xbox Series X?: Hi there, I'm currently using a 24 inch, 1080p, 75hz monitor (Asus VG245H) for gaming on my Xbox Series X but I want to upgrade to be able to game at 120fps. I play FPS games (mainly Halo...
  7. Y my nat type on strict how to change it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Y my nat type on strict how to change it: Y my nat type on strict how to change it For me please ff130cad-fe47-4e46-a560-655bafd61a18
  8. Nat type moderate trying to make it Nat type open

in XboX Insiders
    Nat type moderate trying to make it Nat type open: Hello I’m using my iPhone 13 Pro to tether WiFi and I’m getting good speeds if I put phone by window like 250download and 40upload and -50latency but I’m in Nat type moderate and I’m trying to...
  9. Hello I have a question what type of UPS do I choose for xbox series x off line or online ups

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello I have a question what type of UPS do I choose for xbox series x off line or online ups: Where I live the power goes off sometimes and I don't want to damage my Xbox Series X So questions about the type of UPS needed is it off line or on line ups a95e996b-84b3-4d5e-abab-076fa5c29d65
  10. My NAT type shows Strict, I've tried port forwarding, restarting my router, as well as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My NAT type shows Strict, I've tried port forwarding, restarting my router, as well as...: So my Xbox series X console will work normal sometimes for online gaming, showing I have am Open NAT type, then out of nowhere usually in the middle of gaming, goes to Strict NAT type. Have tried...