Which ports do I port forward for xbox one and xbox 360 if they both are in the same network?

Discus and support Which ports do I port forward for xbox one and xbox 360 if they both are in the same network? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The thing is that in my situation, we're assuming that both consoles are being used at the same time. In other words, we can't use the same port(s) for... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TheEarthNation5, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Which ports do I port forward for xbox one and xbox 360 if they both are in the same network?

The thing is that in my situation, we're assuming that both consoles are being used at the same time. In other words, we can't use the same port(s) for both consoles. So which ports will I use for which console? Also, the main console is the xbox one.

:)

TheEarthNation5, Sep 5, 2019
  2. matthewiag Win User

Which ports do I port forward for xbox one and xbox 360 if they both are in the same network?

Hello

Port Forwarding will only work for 1 devices and then the other system won't be able to access the ports.

The best thing to do with multiple console is allow the Routers UPnP System to open and close the ports

On the Xbox One I would use Alternate Port Selection on the console since only port 3074 seems to affect NAT

If you have two or more Xbox consoles on your home network

From the Network Settings screen:

1. Select Advanced Settings.
    2. Select Alternate port selection.
    3. Select Manual.
    4. On the Select Port menu, select one of the options from the list.
    5. Write down the number of the port you selected. You’ll use this in place of port 3074 when you open the ports for your second console.

Plus after doing this Restart your Modem/Router.
  3. T3chnlgydude Win User

4. ArminatorX Win User

If your router doesn't properly support UPnP to do everything automatically, you need to do the following:

On the Xbox 360, set up the console with a static IP. As the Xbox 360 can't use custom ports like the Xbox One as matthewiag described, you will have to forward Port 3074 to the Xbox 360 console IP.

Then follow the instructions from matthewiag to set up a custom port on your Xbox One. Forward that custom port number on your router to your Xbox One's IP (that you also set up as a static IP).

That should allow both your consoles to have an open NAT.
  5. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

in such situation the possible best solution is to have a router that can use UPnP which will 'automatically open ports' for a device when needed as mentioned on this link:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/multiple-xbox-one-consoles-one-router-open-and/46997d0f-3479-4636-91a4-e43070b4c018

An alternate option, which was confirmed to use for Activition games is the thing mentioned here:

https://portforward.com/portforward-two-xboxes/default.htm
    no guarantee it will work for other games though
  6. Trial de Novo Win User

Strict NAT on Xbox One with a Xbox 360

You can only manually forward ports to one device on the same network; i.e., Xbox One or 360, but not both. This is true for any router. The solution is to enable UPnP, which will provide the necessary open ports for both devices. Also, you shouldn't use
    UPnP along with manual port forwarding. So it sounds like you did everything right.
Thema:

1. Which ports do I port forward for xbox one and xbox 360 if they both are in the same network? - Similar Threads - ports port forward

2. Xbox Cloud Gaming Port Forwarding

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Cloud Gaming Port Forwarding: Hi, I'm trying to find the port for XCloud but I couldn't find one. The only one i found was the port for Xbox Consoles. Is there a list for port anywhere that I could've missed ? Thanks in...
  3. My NAT type shows Strict, I've tried port forwarding, restarting my router, as well as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My NAT type shows Strict, I've tried port forwarding, restarting my router, as well as...: So my Xbox series X console will work normal sometimes for online gaming, showing I have am Open NAT type, then out of nowhere usually in the middle of gaming, goes to Strict NAT type. Have tried...
  4. How do I set up port forwarding?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I set up port forwarding?: How to set up port forwarding? b1c136b4-29fe-4b39-8d9a-9878be3eb7a9
  5. Port forwarding

in XBoX on Consoles
    Port forwarding: I know port forwarding needs to be done in some cases. My question is, 1. if I have 2 consoles in my house, how do I forward them on the same network to the same ports? I know the ports ports...
  6. open wrt port forwarding

in XBoX on Consoles
    open wrt port forwarding: Hello. When port forwarding on my Open wrt box, Do I have to have a different external port and internal port. is it 88 udp for both external port and internal port, or should I forward them to...
  7. Port forwarding & VPN - UPNP not successful on series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Port forwarding & VPN - UPNP not successful on series X: I recently tried manually setting up port forwarding for my series X. After setting it up I tested my network through the Xbox and it was all good, open NAT, no issues. Then I activated my...
  8. A Problem <And Solution> with Port Forwarding and Xbox.

in XboX Insiders
    A Problem <And Solution> with Port Forwarding and Xbox.: Recently I have been struggling with the nightmare inducing ultra hellhole that is port forwarding to host a server for Foundry Virtual Table top. And then, While undergoing having my brain dunked...
  9. nat type not turning open even after port forward

in XBoX on Consoles
    nat type not turning open even after port forward: so i made the ipv6 from secured to open,upnp has been on,i port forwarded all 7 ports,under lan setup i put Address Reservation for the series x ip. and it is still no IPV6,no UPNP,nat moderate....
  10. : I have absolutely no idea on how to port forward for ARK: Survival Evolved

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : I have absolutely no idea on how to port forward for ARK: Survival Evolved: : I have absolutely no idea on how to port forward for ARK: Survival Evolved Hello UnseamedSpace4, Thank you for keeping us updated. You may need to disable UPnP or DMZ and power cycle your...