Where is temporary footage from Game Bar captures stored?

Discus and support Where is temporary footage from Game Bar captures stored? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Where does the Windows Game Bar store temporary data for background recordings? That is, the video that's recorded constantly, and you can save just... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Corrodias, Feb 11, 2023.

1. Corrodias
    Corrodias Guest

Where does the Windows Game Bar store temporary data for background recordings? That is, the video that's recorded constantly, and you can save just the last 30 seconds to a few minutes in a file by pressing win+alt+G. It doesn't seem to be stored in RAM; is it written to disk somewhere?

I'm not talking about where the captures are stored when you save them. I mean the ongoing recording in the background. The data must be stored somewhere before you choose to save it.

:)

Corrodias, Feb 11, 2023
  2. iTsFx Win User

Hello, I'm Felipe and I'm an independent Community Expert, and I'll do my best to help you.

The temporary data for background recordings in the Windows Game Bar is stored in the RAM of your computer and is not saved to disk. It is stored as a buffer in the memory, and the video is not saved to disk until you explicitly choose to save it by pressing Win + Alt + G and selecting "Save".

Once you choose to save the recording, it is saved to a folder of your choice on your local disk. By default, the saved recordings are stored in the "Videos" folder in your "Documents" directory. You can change the default save location for the recordings by going to the Windows Game Bar settings and modifying the "Recorded videos" option.
  3. WUIJIBOBO Win User

Xbox Game Bar to record

If you're referring to the Xbox Game Bar on PC, it saves to your hard drive as default. If you go to the Settings app on your PC, click on 'Gaming', and then on the side bar, click on 'Captures'. That will show you where the Xbox Game Bar recordings and
    screenshots are stored.
  4. Booker Catch Win User

recording game play onto idevices

You need an external capture device in order to record your Console. The footage would then be stored on your computer/laptop's HDD.

--

Suggested Devices

HDPVR 2 Gaming Edition

Elgato Game Capture HD

Roxio Game Capture HD
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

I can't stream on mixer and screenshot window is empty

Hi Ma Ho,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums.

As you have stated, broadcasting directly to Mixer has been removed from the Xbox Game Bar in a recent update for the Game Bar. There is no indication the feature will come back to the Game Bar, so as of now the feature is gone for good to make room for
    other more requested features.

As far as why your captures are not showing in that window, have you restarted your PC and checked the Microsoft Store app if there are any recent updates for Xbox Game Bar? Have you tried changing the location of where the captures are saved?

Be sure to let us know!
  6. Lofty Who Win User

What quality will the Xbox One record in?

Thema:

1. Where is temporary footage from Game Bar captures stored? - Similar Threads - Where temporary footage

2. from where can i download xbox 360 games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    from where can i download xbox 360 games?: i want to download and put in my hard drive. how to do that? dd77f015-f90f-4055-b629-5323f3a6eb82
  3. Where are my vehjvles?

in XBoX on Windows
    Where are my vehjvles?: I had recently used my fame points to purchase 3 new vehicles. I go to my garage and they are not there. I have checked downloads I have check store and it says I own them bit they are not in my...
  4. Where can I find figment save files?

in XBoX on Windows
    Where can I find figment save files?: I want to move the save files of Figment: Journey into the mind but cannot seem to find the save files anywhere. fb74c236-e670-4b44-91ae-95314a1064a1
  5. where is the other amounts in the Xbox rewards

in XBoX on Windows
    where is the other amounts in the Xbox rewards: Since Microsoft has taken down the rewards app I can't find the one time Xbox $10 gift card anymore. Its either the $50 or $100 one times or the lower amounts but all in Auto redeem which I don't...
  6. Where is my storage

in XBoX on Windows
    Where is my storage: So I have 364GB to use on my console and my games and apps only combine to around 330GB but my xbox says I’ve used 99.9% of my storage, how does that make any sense?...
  7. Where do i get my Robux code

in XBoX on Windows
    Where do i get my Robux code: I redeemed 200 robux in the xbox app in microsoft rewards but haven’t received a code for them. Where do i check for this code? 37abdbac-e927-4c48-babc-4fad5c0f9e51
  8. Where is my Roblox name and password on Xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    Where is my Roblox name and password on Xbox: What is my Roblox username and password notify me d53b9ea7-6461-464b-b102-2affcf852834
  9. I just want to know where the hell do I put this link that keeps coming up on my Xbox to...

in XBoX on Windows
    I just want to know where the hell do I put this link that keeps coming up on my Xbox to...: Where do I put this link from my Xbox so I can play the damn games a13086df-ef2b-490f-9ce0-2b383915e16e
  10. Where are my rewards/quests?

in XBoX on Windows
    Where are my rewards/quests?: On my Xbox profile I go on rewards, but there's nothing there. I thought they'd be a new rewards hub, with new quests this April. All mine says is "Try again later" "We can't check for quests...