Where is Snap?! Is there a replacement PIP mode?

Discus and support Where is Snap?! Is there a replacement PIP mode? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Since the new March update (nice one btw!) I'm having trouble trying to snap TV with my games. TV PIP with games is one of the reasons I bought this... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by KaBar87, Apr 3, 2017.

1. KaBar87
    KaBar87 Guest

Since the new March update (nice one btw!) I'm having trouble trying to snap TV with my games. TV PIP with games is one of the reasons I bought this console when it launched. I get that you're moving away from the TV focused launch but please tell me you
    didn't just remove one of my favorite features without offering a replacement.

There's a better PIP mode that I just can't find right? That would make sense. One that only displays the video, and lets you position and scale it would be ideal! I kept digging through settings menus hoping I'd been looking in the wrong place, but I
    ran out of interfaces to scour so now I'm here.

If there really is nothing I might as well not have the HDMI input fed with cable, One Guide or the Kinect that you stuck me with. Please help!

:)

KaBar87, Apr 3, 2017
  2. Where is the dinosouar easter egg

On epicenter in a pipe near flag point C.

The Mike Fresh, Apr 3, 2017
  3. Where is advance replacement?

I am 90% on that. So there is a chance it does not work. I have seen it on twitter and a few different users post here and in support forums about it.

As its an MS physical location its basically just cutting out the two way mail. The obsolete console would get shipped to a repair center with nothing to ship back because you got your new one already. It is money saved for MS so i found this highly highly
    believable.

I tell you what though i will get with twitter support tomorrow during their business hours to get confirmation on that type of exchange. Then PM you the details or post here. Not to offend you @OP

Listed mia 510, Apr 3, 2017
  4. Where is Snap?! Is there a replacement PIP mode?

Hey there, KaBar87!

I'm sorry to see any frustrations with the new update! The ability to snap TV/HDMI-in during gameplay is no longer available. This is to help drive more overall system reliability and performance for games, apps, the Xbox dashboard and Guide. Gamers will
    still be able to watch full screen TV experiences (or anything plugged into the HDMI-in port) on their Xbox, and quickly switch back and forth between that experience and other games and apps using the newly designed Guide.

If would like your voice heard more, please look for the snap suggestion on the front page of our
    Feedback site. Give it a vote and a comment to ensure it's sent to the right people.

If you have any other support issues you need assistance with, be sure to post up a new detailed thread so that our community can work on helping you out! Thanks for posting! Where is Snap?!  Is there a replacement PIP mode? :)

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox Insider
    Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting.

Misses Quinzel, Apr 4, 2017
  5. Misses Quinzel Win User

Hey there, KaBar87!

I'm sorry to see any frustrations with the new update! The ability to snap TV/HDMI-in during gameplay is no longer available. This is to help drive more overall system reliability and performance for games, apps, the Xbox dashboard and Guide. Gamers will
    still be able to watch full screen TV experiences (or anything plugged into the HDMI-in port) on their Xbox, and quickly switch back and forth between that experience and other games and apps using the newly designed Guide.

If would like your voice heard more, please look for the snap suggestion on the front page of our
    Feedback site. Give it a vote and a comment to ensure it's sent to the right people.

If you have any other support issues you need assistance with, be sure to post up a new detailed thread so that our community can work on helping you out! Thanks for posting! :)

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox Insider
    Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting.
  6. Anhur_XB Win User

What new feature would you like on Xbox

Wish Snap would come back, or a PiP alternative.
  7. Dr RJNefarious Win User

Anyone else pissed Microsoft for getting rid of snap an app?

I won't miss it at all I only used it to play music which sucked because it would shrink the POV. I'm glad they worked with the background music, which I feel should have been done long ago. As for Snap I hope they create a more smooth transition for a PIP.
    Ya, I definitely wouldn't of minded if they replaced Snap with a PIP or something. Instead they just did away with it and just kinda left it more or less open ended on whether something would replace it in the undetermined future. Which means I'm gonna have
    to rebuild the setup I took down because they removed one of the reasons I got the Xbox One in the first place.
  8. FatalUnicycle49 Win User

Xbox One Beta Invite

Meh, snap still doesn't respond the best and there is a lot of wasted real estate; they need PIP (PICTURE IN PICTURE) that would be a lot better imo
  9. Ackis Win User

Bring back "Snap an App" from 2016

A picture-in-picture feature would be pretty nice to see added, but they removed the snap feature as it wasn't used much and they didn't want to devote development resources to something that wasn't used and would free up system resources for game
    developers.
    PIP would be far superior to snap IMO.
Thema:

1. Where is Snap?! Is there a replacement PIP mode? - Similar Threads - Where Snap replacement

2. Where is my Roblox name and password on Xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    Where is my Roblox name and password on Xbox: What is my Roblox username and password notify me d53b9ea7-6461-464b-b102-2affcf852834
  3. I just want to know where the hell do I put this link that keeps coming up on my Xbox to...

in XBoX on Windows
    I just want to know where the hell do I put this link that keeps coming up on my Xbox to...: Where do I put this link from my Xbox so I can play the damn games a13086df-ef2b-490f-9ce0-2b383915e16e
  4. Where are my rewards/quests?

in XBoX on Windows
    Where are my rewards/quests?: On my Xbox profile I go on rewards, but there's nothing there. I thought they'd be a new rewards hub, with new quests this April. All mine says is "Try again later" "We can't check for quests...
  5. Where to buy buttons / switches for xbox adaptive controller?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Where to buy buttons / switches for xbox adaptive controller?: Hi I have an xbox accessibility controller (the big rectangle controller) for a disabled friend and was wondering where do I buy switches / additional buttons to plug into the controller...
  6. Where can I go to get an Xbox One controller fixed?I have a spot on the back of my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where can I go to get an Xbox One controller fixed?I have a spot on the back of my...: Can someone tell me where I can get an xbox one controller repaired 0db2076c-60c7-4874-8534-81d368b1f55d
  7. where is league of legends gift card ???? i was about to redeem it and then microsoft...

in XBoX on Windows
    where is league of legends gift card ???? i was about to redeem it and then microsoft...: where is league of legends gift card ???? i was about to redeem it and then microsoft rewards removed it 7b6634c3-012a-4a36-bcdb-61ef5cd95396
  8. Where do I ship my xbox controller for replacement

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where do I ship my xbox controller for replacement: Where do I ship my xbox controller for replacement, Anyone know? 2ba386f7-8b93-4ef8-b37d-e54f4dc25196
  9. where is my snap!!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    where is my snap!!!!: where the **** is my snap after this last update!!!!!!!!! you took it away??!!?it was the best feature, now its straight crapone. all in one entertainment system, remember that!!...
  10. Anyone in the Preview program know where "snap to screenshot" went?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyone in the Preview program know where "snap to screenshot" went?: I just finished the huge update and I've been going through the new dashboard. It feels even more cluttered than it did, with a heavy emphasis on ads instead of my content. Anyway, I did the...