Where does this leave my Warranty Status

Discus and support Where does this leave my Warranty Status in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Morning all. So this is another Xbox Elite controller question. I bought my third controller in April 2019, (my 1st having died to control stick... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Captain_Shmaser, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Where does this leave my Warranty Status

Morning all.

So this is another Xbox Elite controller question.

I bought my third controller in April 2019, (my 1st having died to control stick drift, the second being a warranty replacement which had an accident falling from a height). Long story short come Feburary this year control stick drift starts happening again
    but hey it's alright I'm still in warranty (in the UK at least they're sold with a 1 year manufacturers warranty).

So I raise a service ticket and told I'll be sent a replacement device, awesome.

The device arrives, it's a refurbished unit which at first surprised me but checking the microsoft warranty from the Service Request page under my account (Surface_service_TC_english.pdf) that's allowed and I can even understand this given the elite 2 came
    out not long after I bought this controller.

So 2 problems, one being a minor niggle, the refurb unit was filthy coming out the it's case and the second (the real deal breaker) it doesn't work properly.

Left control stick down button doesn't work, makes sprinting impossible in the FPS games I play. I verified it not working by using the Xbox Acccessories App Test mode and guess what, the controller wasn't even factory reset; still had the previous owners controller
    profiles on it...which according to this section of wording I thought was supposed to happen to all hardware sent back to microsoft....

13. DEVICE SERVICE PROCESS In accordance with Section 10, your Device will be reset to its original factory state during testing. If your Device is found to function as designed after testing, it will be returned to you with its original factory settings. If
    an issue is found, your Device may be repaired or replaced by new or refurbished goods of the same functionality, at Microsoft’s discretion, in accordance with applicable laws for your country or region.

So I've been sent a defective "refurbished" unit which best I can guess didn't go through any testing, or due processes outlined in the warranty (since I'm guessing I've been sent someone else's unit which was returned and "tested" as part of their serive request).

So in the warranty agreement I note I've got a section 17 "The Limited Post-Service Warranty" which is supposed to cover this eventuality.

My only issue with this second warranty is is that at least in my eyes the original warranty has not been honoured, I've still not been provided a fit for purpose replacement, or equivalent under the original warranty agreement, and I can't find any way to
    actually ask anyone at Xbox contact us about it since all channels about warranty and servicing on this product lead to broadly speaking a "we dont' have chat or calls around this issue".

Where do I go from here?

:)

Captain_Shmaser, Apr 18, 2020
  2. Smwutches Win User

You would need to speak to support directly so they can set up another repair. https://support.xbox.com/contact-us If you're not seeing the option for phone or chat support,
    change your category/topic. Billing options generally always have those available. I usually have good luck choosing the billing option and "I don't recognize a charge".
  3. gds1972 Win User

Controller right button issue

Hi

It does sound like your controller may need servicing, You should be able to confirm the warranty status of the controller

using this link
    and if the controller is under warranty you will also be able to create the service request.
  4. XBF Mohammed C Win User

Warranty Status

Hello -_-...., I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support!

I highly recommend following the steps below:

1. To register your Xbox, you need a free Microsoft account. If you don't already have one, create a Microsoft account now.
    2. Register your device. When you request service for an Xbox console or a Kinect sensor, you must first register the product. To get started, sign in at Device service and repair, select Register new device, and then follow the instructions.
    After you've registered, you'll see the warranty status for your device. If it's within warranty, repairs are free. If your device is out of warranty, you'll be charged a repair fee.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  5. voteDC Win User

Xbox Live update

[quote user="IceStorm III"]

Unless your console's still under warranty, I wouldn't accept the update. I wait until they're up on the website and available for install via USB flash drive.[/quote]What does the console being in warranty or not have to do with getting updates?

All console can be updated. Warranty status does not matter.
  6. DanMen334 Win User

Power surge

if the repair was via xbox and still does not work properly it is possible that you must resend your console for repair, check the status of your warranty
Thema:

1. Where does this leave my Warranty Status - Similar Threads - Where does leave

2. Where is my Roblox name and password on Xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    Where is my Roblox name and password on Xbox: What is my Roblox username and password notify me d53b9ea7-6461-464b-b102-2affcf852834
  3. I just want to know where the hell do I put this link that keeps coming up on my Xbox to...

in XBoX on Windows
    I just want to know where the hell do I put this link that keeps coming up on my Xbox to...: Where do I put this link from my Xbox so I can play the damn games a13086df-ef2b-490f-9ce0-2b383915e16e
  4. Where are my rewards/quests?

in XBoX on Windows
    Where are my rewards/quests?: On my Xbox profile I go on rewards, but there's nothing there. I thought they'd be a new rewards hub, with new quests this April. All mine says is "Try again later" "We can't check for quests...
  5. I bought a Xbox where insiders was enabled and I removed the device how long does it take...

in XboX Insiders
    I bought a Xbox where insiders was enabled and I removed the device how long does it take...: . submitted by /u/TheVaultDwelller [link] [comments]
  6. Where does your prejudice on cursing end?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Where does your prejudice on cursing end?: I am a frustrated adult gamer that feels hitting people with year long suspensions from multiplayer for using explicit language is unethical and appalling. You seriously don’t take into account...
  7. Does anyone have a number where you can tlk to a human about an xbox gift card, took my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone have a number where you can tlk to a human about an xbox gift card, took my...: need a number for a human for xbox gift card problems 559ceb50-5842-42a7-937c-a4f318e1406f
  8. Does anyone know where to source the ISO.

in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone know where to source the ISO.: I recently obtained a broken Xbox One s all digital that was corrupted during an update. I've tried resetting the device and doing an offline update with no success The troubleshooting menu will...
  9. Does anyone know where to source the ISO.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know where to source the ISO.: I recently obtained a broken Xbox One s all digital that was corrupted during an update. I've tried resetting the device and doing an offline update with no success The troubleshooting menu will...
  10. Does anyone know where to find a goalie

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know where to find a goalie: I am looking for a teammate in the game omega Strikers!! Need a goalie for the team...I don't know if I'm allowed to look here... e900bd9c-b928-4989-b058-869825db1588