Where did the remote play button/icon go on the Xbox app for PC? I cannot find it.

Discus and support Where did the remote play button/icon go on the Xbox app for PC? I cannot find it. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; since streaming is no longer supported for windows on the companion app I would always use remote play on the Xbox app. Today I was hoping to stream... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by KC Oakes, May 14, 2023.

1. KC Oakes
    KC Oakes Guest

Where did the remote play button/icon go on the Xbox app for PC? I cannot find it.

since streaming is no longer supported for windows on the companion app I would always use remote play on the Xbox app. Today I was hoping to stream and couldn't find the remote play icon anywhere.

:)

KC Oakes, May 14, 2023
  2. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, a fellow gamer. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I am here to help.

In order to fix this, kindly try to do the following troubleshooting steps:

- Go to Profile & system > Settings > Devices & connections > Remote features.

- Select the Enable remote features checkbox.

- Under Power mode, select Instant-on.

- Then Restart your Console and try again.

Please take your time and let me know if it works.

Reference link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...
  3. Sodangidni Win User

Now that Console companion is gone, is there a way to stream games from my xbox one?

Hello, JulyTheNeon. I'm Arturo, and I'll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

Yes, the new Xbox app allows you to start a remote play session if you already have your Xbox One configured.

You can start a remote play session by clicking on the little Xbox icon (consoles) that's next to the notifications icon.
    Once you click on the “consoles” icon, you will be able to select your Xbox and start playing remotely.

In case you don't see the console after clicking on the icon, please follow these steps:

“Open the Xbox app for PC.
    Click on your profile picture and select View profile.
    Under Where I play, select the Add a console option and follow the steps shown.”

Reference link:
    https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/game-setup-and-play/how-to-set-up-remote-play

Regards,

Arturo.
  4. Andy2790 Win User

Console streaming button gone from Xbox app on Windows 10

I finally found the issue, go to the xbox, then go to settings - device and connections - remote features and re enable remote features, some how it got disabled, after i did that the xbox pc app streaming icon showed up on pc
    [​IMG]
  5. Triet Nguyen Win User

Remote play on Xbox App

I have similar issue.

What doesn't work:

• Remote Control from Standy On : Cannot touch Xbox button or Turn On Console to truly power on the console.
    • Remote Play from Standby On: Cannot connect to the console, even though the router can find the console connected to network, can ping to the console through router console.
    • Game management: cannot install or uninstall games
    What does work:

• Change console name: using Xbox app to change console name, the updated name reflects on Xbox app Beta, Xbox Game Streaming (Test app) for PC. This means the apps still be able to connect to the console, sending signal to the console.
    • Remote play when Powered on: remote play/console streaming feature can be used only and if only the console is turn on, with the Xbox button on console lighted on. Work on both External and internal networks => not related to NAT(Open type) or Remote settings because all testings give green status. ==> However, having the console turn on directly in-home or having someone at home to turn on the console for me is not the point of remote play. The console is supposed to be turn on in background for remote play from External network!
    This issue should be fixed before anything else!
  6. Sodangidni Win User

Since Xbox Console Companion is gone, where do I go to be able to stream my games from my Xbox to YouTube?

Hello, FlyHighJack. I'm Arturo, a community user like you, and I'll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

If you are interested in using the remote play feature, I would like to let you know that you can access this feature on the new Xbox app.

Once you download and open it, you can find your previously configured consoles by clicking on the icon that appears next to your gamertag, in the upper left.

Not only that, but if you want to configure remote play on the Xbox PC app, please follow these steps:

“Open the Xbox app for PC.
    Click on your profile picture and select View profile.
    Under Where I play, select the Add a console option and follow the steps shown.”

Reference link:
    https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/game-setup-and-play/how-to-set-up-remote-play > On your mobile or Windows device.

Let me know if you have any other inquiry.

Regards,

Arturo.
Thema:

1. Where did the remote play button/icon go on the Xbox app for PC? I cannot find it. - Similar Threads - Where did remote

2. Where did the uk times go?

in XBoX on Windows
    Where did the uk times go?: So for the last week I've been noticing that my time was wrong on the Xbox one and I'm lazy and it didn't effect me or any of my games so I didn't care but it nearly made me late for work this...
  3. Where did the "Signed-out content restrictions" option go?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Where did the "Signed-out content restrictions" option go?: I have an xbox. I have children. I have access restrictions set up for the children. Right now, however, they can put in a disc and play the game without signing in, or select the "play offline"...
  4. Where did the redeem reward button go?

in XBoX on Windows
    Where did the redeem reward button go?: When I tried to redeem my 330 mine coins reward after hitting the point goal, the button to claim the reward seems to have disappeared. cb9a40d8-8fbb-41ad-a75a-0b738f6c8f0e
  5. Where did it go Xbox remote play had touch controls 11/14/2023

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Where did it go Xbox remote play had touch controls 11/14/2023: Just last week out of now where I started up Diablo 4 remote play on my iPhone and there were touch screen controls, the whole touch controls functioned perfectly!! What happen, where did they go?...
  6. Where did my game go?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Where did my game go?: [img] [img] [img] I'm trying to play Slime Rancher (SR) and when I try to open it, it tells me "When you got a refund on Slime Rancher it was removed from your device.". I never requested a...
  7. Forza horizon 3 - all my context is gone, where did my cars, progress go?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza horizon 3 - all my context is gone, where did my cars, progress go?: I haven’t played in like 2-3 years. I turned it on for the first time since then and noticed all my progress is gone. I did some reading it somewhere it said the license expired. Does that mean...
  8. Where did my game go?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Where did my game go?: I bought the game OMORI a couple months ago and I've heard it got removed? I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do. I want a refund or something but I don't know where I'm supposed to go for that?...
  9. Where did my old account go?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Where did my old account go?: I haven't played on Xbox for years. I just got another console and tried to sign into my account using my email. Now I had forgot the password so I had to get a verification through the email my...
  10. Did my code for resident evil 4 but never received game download where is it Microsoft?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Did my code for resident evil 4 but never received game download where is it Microsoft?: Hi title says it all i want my purchased game Microsoft still have the code saved if I don’t get it will be angry d73a241b-061a-4f3c-9461-57c14010c0be