Where did the Party Chat Mixer go for Xbox One?

Discus and support Where did the Party Chat Mixer go for Xbox One? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; A few months ago, there used to be audio options under the system tab for Xbox One, but it was taken away. In these audio options, you could adjust the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jousma Family, Sep 1, 2018.

1. Where did the Party Chat Mixer go for Xbox One?

A few months ago, there used to be audio options under the system tab for Xbox One, but it was taken away. In these audio options, you could adjust the game volume and party volume with a slider. The closest thing I can find now is when I pick settings,
    display & sound, volume, and then chat mixer. The options in this chat mixer are - mute all other sounds, reduce the volume of other sounds by 80%, reduce the volume of other sounds by 50%, or do nothing. If this chat mixer is for party chat, I can tell you
    right now that it doesn't work. No matter what option is selected, the party volume to game volume is always the same, with no difference, the game is loud and the party is quiet. Is this chat mixer for the Mixer feature, because there's already audio options
    for that, so I wouldn't think so. So again, if the chat mixer is for party chat, it doesn't work. Where can I adjust how loud the party volume is compared to game volume for my headset?

:)

Jousma Family, Sep 1, 2018
  2. mikthemost
    mikthemost Guest
    Kinect Volume Controls not working after the most recent update

Got issues with chat mixer. I use Kinect for microphone. Since the update chat mixer does not work .and volume of games drowns out party volume.may be related to your issue

mikthemost, Sep 1, 2018
  3. Voice in clips

This option is available through MIXER on the Xbox, you can add all party chat into the stream, if you record the stream on VOD in Mixer you can then save this to your PC for later editing if you want.

But the live stream will include all mics from all the people in the party.

DIPDIP0TAT0CH1P, Sep 1, 2018
  4. Flymonkey102
    Flymonkey102 Guest

Are you using a 3.5mm jack headset? There is an audio setting that appears when you plug one in and the controller detects it on the settings tab of the Guide.

Flymonkey102, Sep 1, 2018
  5. Yeah that setting is still there on mine. Which headset do you have ??

The Viral Cyrix, Sep 1, 2018
  6. Yes, my headset plugs into the 3.5mm jack of the controller. No new option pops up when my headset is plugged in. There used to be a permanent option for adjusting the volume in the settings. I noticed this option had gone away, even though (at the time)
    I was using the same controller I always had back when the option was there.

7. Beexcellent Gaming Headset, the same headset I was using when the option was there before, and (at the time) I was using the same controller when I noticed the option to adjust the party and game volumes was gone.

Edit - I looked at the wrong box and put a different headset than what it actually was.

8. XBF Aaron G
    XBF Aaron G Guest

The audio button should still be located right under notifications, above xbox settings from the tab.

It only displays when you have a headset plugged into the controller. Some headsets ive trouble shot that they couldn't hear or talk that audio button would fail to show up.

Wired headset trouble shooting

XBF Aaron G, Sep 22, 2018
  9. Sorry for the later reply ive been on vacation. Have you attempted to use a different controller/headset. It could be the headset or the port on your controller is faulty

The Viral Cyrix, Sep 22, 2018
  10. I have gone through multiple controllers at this point (a couple different brands of them aswell), and I just tried using another 3.5mm headset; the party chat mixer isn't there and both of my headsets seem to working. Looks like I'm bugged Where did the Party Chat Mixer go for Xbox One? :(

Jousma Family, Sep 22, 2018
  11. XBF Brad A
    XBF Brad A Guest
    Hello Jousma

I have found the audio option shows up on certain headsets. For example I have a Microsoft chat headset that it wont show up for . But I have a pair of earbuds and audio shows for them. I suggest try different headset to see if can get it to show adjust
    what you like then switch to the one that it wasn't showing for.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Brad

Xbox Forum Team

XBF Brad A, Nov 3, 2018
  12. The Viral Cyrix Win User

Beexcellent Gaming Headset, the same headset I was using when the option was there before, and (at the time) I was using the same controller when I noticed the option to adjust the party and game volumes was gone.

Edit - I looked at the wrong box and put a different headset than what it actually was.
    Sorry for the later reply ive been on vacation. Have you attempted to use a different controller/headset. It could be the headset or the port on your controller is faulty
  13. Flymonkey102 Win User

Are you using a 3.5mm jack headset? There is an audio setting that appears when you plug one in and the controller detects it on the settings tab of the Guide.
  14. YoungWu1988 Win User

Hello, do you know whether stereo headset adapter can be used on 1537 series controller? (it should be 1st generation Xbox One controller)
  15. YoungWu1988 Win User

I am not sure why my system still have other specific Chat Mixer setting.
  16. Sanana94 Win User

Hey there.

Open the Xbox Guide by pressing the Xbox button on your controller.

On the last tab on the right, you have "Audio".

Click on it and you should be able to see the settings for your controller :)
Thema:

1. Where did the Party Chat Mixer go for Xbox One? - Similar Threads - Where did Party

2. Where did the uk times go?

in XBoX on Windows
    Where did the uk times go?: So for the last week I've been noticing that my time was wrong on the Xbox one and I'm lazy and it didn't effect me or any of my games so I didn't care but it nearly made me late for work this...
  3. Where did the "Signed-out content restrictions" option go?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Where did the "Signed-out content restrictions" option go?: I have an xbox. I have children. I have access restrictions set up for the children. Right now, however, they can put in a disc and play the game without signing in, or select the "play offline"...
  4. Where did the redeem reward button go?

in XBoX on Windows
    Where did the redeem reward button go?: When I tried to redeem my 330 mine coins reward after hitting the point goal, the button to claim the reward seems to have disappeared. cb9a40d8-8fbb-41ad-a75a-0b738f6c8f0e
  5. Where did it go Xbox remote play had touch controls 11/14/2023

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Where did it go Xbox remote play had touch controls 11/14/2023: Just last week out of now where I started up Diablo 4 remote play on my iPhone and there were touch screen controls, the whole touch controls functioned perfectly!! What happen, where did they go?...
  6. Where did my game go?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Where did my game go?: [img] [img] [img] I'm trying to play Slime Rancher (SR) and when I try to open it, it tells me "When you got a refund on Slime Rancher it was removed from your device.". I never requested a...
  7. Forza horizon 3 - all my context is gone, where did my cars, progress go?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza horizon 3 - all my context is gone, where did my cars, progress go?: I haven’t played in like 2-3 years. I turned it on for the first time since then and noticed all my progress is gone. I did some reading it somewhere it said the license expired. Does that mean...
  8. Where did my game go?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Where did my game go?: I bought the game OMORI a couple months ago and I've heard it got removed? I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do. I want a refund or something but I don't know where I'm supposed to go for that?...
  9. Where did my old account go?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Where did my old account go?: I haven't played on Xbox for years. I just got another console and tried to sign into my account using my email. Now I had forgot the password so I had to get a verification through the email my...
  10. Where did the remote play button/icon go on the Xbox app for PC? I cannot find it.

in XBoX on Windows
    Where did the remote play button/icon go on the Xbox app for PC? I cannot find it.: since streaming is no longer supported for windows on the companion app I would always use remote play on the Xbox app. Today I was hoping to stream and couldn't find the remote play icon...