Where did my game go?

Discus and support Where did my game go? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I purchased a game in October 2022, I hadn’t played in awhile and today I went to play the game and Xbox is trying to make me repurchase it. Anyone... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Daniel Vega1, Mar 6, 2023.

1. Daniel Vega1
    Daniel Vega1 Guest

Where did my game go?

I purchased a game in October 2022, I hadn’t played in awhile and today I went to play the game and Xbox is trying to make me repurchase it. Anyone have same troubles if so how did you resolve this?

:)

Daniel Vega1, Mar 6, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Where did my game go?

What game is that specifically? Did it say completed on your order history?

If so, let's re-add your account to refresh your account data from your console.

Note: Before doing these steps, please make sure that you know exactly the email address that's linked to your gamertag and the password to it so you can add the correct account again.

1. Remove account:
    Press the Xbox button to open the guide. Select System > Settings > Account > Remove accounts. Select the account that you want to remove, and then select Remove to confirm. When you're finished, select Close.

2. Power cycle:
    Press and hold Xbox's power button for 10 sec. Unplug the power supply for 30 sec. Plug it back in and turn it on again.

3. Add account:
    Press the Xbox button to open the guide. Select your gamerpic in the upper-left corner of the screen, move all the way down and select Add new.

Enter the email address for the Microsoft account that you want to add, and then select Enter.
  3. Rostom L Win User

Where did my game go?

Hi Daniel!

Sorry to hear about the issue. If the game license is linked to the account you're currently using, you should not be asked to purchase it. For us to verify the ownership of your game, go to your account order history from https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders and look for the game order there - make sure that it says completed. You can then confirm if you're checking the right account by checking your account gamertag through https://account.xbox.com/Profile if it shows the same gamertag you're using on your console.

If it's not there, possible that it was purchased using your other account. Try to check for your other accounts or email addresses.
  4. Nkosana23 Win User

Where did my game go?

Hi. My name is Brilliant and I am happy to assist you today.

Here are a few tips to troubleshoot your game:
    1. Check for known issues.
    2. Power cycle your machine.
    3. Test your network connection.
    4. Try using a different profile.
    5. Remove and re-add your profile.
    6. Clear the local save and resync with the cloud.

For more details on the above kindly visit: https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/game-issues-solution

I hope this helps resolve your query.
  5. Somnolent__ Win User

Where did my game go?

I bought it, but it doesn't show up in my games list. I use pc if that helps?
  6. onyxishere Win User

Where did my games go?!

If you have an external hard drive it could be an issue with that. Try holding the power button on the console for 10 seconds until it shuts down. Then unplug the USB drive and plug it into a different slot. Power the console back on and see if the drive
    reads.
Thema:

Where did my game go?

1. Where did my game go? - Similar Threads - Where did game

2. Where did the uk times go?

in XBoX on Windows
    Where did the uk times go?: So for the last week I've been noticing that my time was wrong on the Xbox one and I'm lazy and it didn't effect me or any of my games so I didn't care but it nearly made me late for work this...
  3. Where did the "Signed-out content restrictions" option go?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Where did the "Signed-out content restrictions" option go?: I have an xbox. I have children. I have access restrictions set up for the children. Right now, however, they can put in a disc and play the game without signing in, or select the "play offline"...
  4. Where did my game go?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Where did my game go?: [img] [img] [img] I'm trying to play Slime Rancher (SR) and when I try to open it, it tells me "When you got a refund on Slime Rancher it was removed from your device.". I never requested a...
  5. Where did my game go?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Where did my game go?: I bought the game OMORI a couple months ago and I've heard it got removed? I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do. I want a refund or something but I don't know where I'm supposed to go for that?...
  6. Did my code for resident evil 4 but never received game download where is it Microsoft?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Did my code for resident evil 4 but never received game download where is it Microsoft?: Hi title says it all i want my purchased game Microsoft still have the code saved if I don’t get it will be angry d73a241b-061a-4f3c-9461-57c14010c0be
  7. What happened to the Xbox Assist app? Where did game and app help go?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What happened to the Xbox Assist app? Where did game and app help go?: Hi -- what happened to the Xbox Assist app? In the last week or so, when I've tried accessing help from within a game on my Series X, instead of taking me to the Xbox Assist app like it used to, I...
  8. where did the digital game go?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    where did the digital game go?: hello. I purchased nba2k21 yesterday from game stop. entered activation code and said it would send but nothing ever appeared. when I tried to put activation code in again it said it had already...
  9. Where did the 12 mos Game Pass go in Microsoft rewards? (gamepass)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where did the 12 mos Game Pass go in Microsoft rewards? (gamepass): I have been saving up for the 12 month game pass on Microsoft rewards (it cost 29K when you are level 2). I just checked the rewards page and the redeeming options for Game Pass now only shows it...
  10. Hey... where did my Game Clips go on the XBox.com site?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hey... where did my Game Clips go on the XBox.com site?: As per the title... Any ideas? 45872ed1-1de8-4383-8253-9f259450992e