Where can i download the XBOX 360 controller drivers?

Discus and support Where can i download the XBOX 360 controller drivers? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, recently i build a new computer, i have a xbox 360 wire controller and i always use it because the last computer read the controller... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ZTXgm, Sep 20, 2022.

1. ZTXgm
    ZTXgm Guest

Hello, recently i build a new computer, i have a xbox 360 wire controller and i always use it because the last computer read the controller automatically, but now it doesn´t detect it anymore, microsoft stopped the support for the controllers and now i am with a perfectly funcional paperweight, someone can help me here?

:)

ZTXgm, Sep 20, 2022
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

ZTXgm, unfortunately it is not possible to download the drivers because they have been discontinued, friend.
    Sorry about that.
    They're not discontinued, they are more correctly, no longer needed. They're no longer needed because the 360 controller drivers are part of Windows and they've been part of Windows since Windows Vista.

If the controller is no longer detected, it's more than likely a faulty controller.
  3. Dérek Augusto Win User

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

ZTXgm, unfortunately it is not possible to download the drivers because they have been discontinued, friend.

Sorry about that.

But if it is no longer being recognized automatically, it means it will no longer be.
  4. JamesDinser Win User

Windows 7 drivers for Xbox360 controller

https://www.techspot.com/drivers/driver/file/information/11300/

https://ccm.net/download/download-14994-xbox-360-controller-driver-for-pc
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox - controler compatibilty with PC

I can see how this is confusing for you, especially since the official support rep has said to buy the PC branded Xbox 360 wired controller. I can however concur with previous ambassadors response.
    You don't need to buy the PC branded controller.
    A standard Xbox 360 wired controller will work fine.

The only difference between the two is that the PC branded one comes with a driver disc. However, you don't need this driver disc if your PC is connected to the Internet as the drivers can be downloaded directly from Microsoft

here
    ">here

Typically, if you're running either Windows Vista or Windows 7, the driver should download automatically as soon as the controller is connected to the computer. No driver is required to be downloaded for Windows 8, as Xbox 360 controllers are fully
    supported by that OS already.

My Xbox wired controller works fine on my PC.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

is there a update driver for xbox 360 controller and usb driver too ?

Hi,

There is no driver to download or update for Xbox 360 controllers on Windows 10. You just plug them in.

Note: Xbox 360 wireless controllers can not be turned into wired controllers. A 360 play and charge cable can only charge a battery or power the controller if no battery is present, it does not send data.

• If you have a wired 360 controller just plug it in, no driver required
    • If your controller is wireless, you need an Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows.
Thema:

1. Where can i download the XBOX 360 controller drivers? - Similar Threads - Where download 360

2. Where are we going to download games once the servers shut downs? Like how is this fair...

in XBoX on Windows
    Where are we going to download games once the servers shut downs? Like how is this fair...: Where are we going to download games once the servers shut down? 23360feb-5349-4c5b-8f11-343e48a7550f
  3. downloaded gift cards but they do not appear, where are they who do i talk to

in XBoX Accessibility
    downloaded gift cards but they do not appear, where are they who do i talk to: downloaded microsoft game gift cards the total has only been seen once and never used , who do you talk to about this as i would like to use this amount on my game...
  4. I have an issue where i can download any other game but fortnite even though i have 900 gb...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have an issue where i can download any other game but fortnite even though i have 900 gb...: I have an xbox one its last update was on 12/24/2023 2:11 AM 9d937bc7-34c5-4c84-a610-9dcabba01994
  5. How do i download Microsoft flight Simulator - and from where?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do i download Microsoft flight Simulator - and from where?: I recently purchased Flight Simulator from a re-seller and Microsoft have acknowledged the order. I have the 16 digit code and all details but i do not know where to download it. Can anyone help ?...
  6. Okay, since Console Companion is no longer available, where do I now go to download Xbox...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Okay, since Console Companion is no longer available, where do I now go to download Xbox...: I've been trying for the past half hour to find a way to access my xbox screenshots (Ones that are NOT in my pc files folder. But new ones that I have yet to download onto PC that were taken on my...
  7. Is anyone having an issue with Xbox for PC where some games will download and install but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is anyone having an issue with Xbox for PC where some games will download and install but...: I am having an issue with Xbox for PC where some games will download and install without issue, but others will not. For instance, I can install Madden 23 but Elder Scrolls Oblivion will not start...
  8. Where can i get Xbox 360 system updates to download ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Where can i get Xbox 360 system updates to download ?: Where can i get Xbox 360 system updates to donwload ? 4361eede-a6ed-4b7f-8f8b-a975036e1cd9
  9. Where is the download history for 360 online?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where is the download history for 360 online?: There used to be a place on xbox.com to find the download history for the 360 and add those downloads back into my download queue remotely from the website. The support page for this still links...
  10. Where is/how to download youtube app on xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Where is/how to download youtube app on xbox 360: I just set up my 360 (slim 4gb). Havent used it in a while. I got Netflix installed ok. But Youtube doesn't show up in the browse apps section and when I search for it theres no result for the...