Where are the supposed Bing search content control settings located? Bing results use content ...

Discus and support Where are the supposed Bing search content control settings located? Bing results use content ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; With Bing search, games only show up in the first place if they fit with the content control ratings. On the other hand, bing is displaying unrated... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ssedwsa, Mar 3, 2016.

1. ssedwsa
    ssedwsa Guest

Where are the supposed Bing search content control settings located? Bing results use content ...

With Bing search, games only show up in the first place if they fit with the content control ratings. On the other hand, bing is displaying unrated titles for music and tv shows. Can't download them, but they show up. Bing is filtering only half of the searches?!

Also, below is a quote from
    https://support.xbox.com/en-IN/xbox-360/xbox-live/bing-text-search

"Just as with Xbox Live content, you may use Family Settings to restrict what content will be
    returned and accessed in Bing search. For example, if you wish to restrict access to adult-rated movies or shows, you can do this through the built-in parental controls of your Xbox."

Where can I find these controls? I don't see them in 'Family'/'Content Controls'.

:)

ssedwsa, Mar 3, 2016
  2. ssedwsa
    ssedwsa Guest
    Where are the supposed Bing search content control settings located? Bing results use content control for games but not for music and shows?!

With Bing search, games only show up in the first place if they fit with the content control ratings. On the other hand, bing is displaying unrated titles for music and tv shows. Can't download them, but they show up. Bing is filtering only half of the searches?!

Also, below is a quote from
    https://support.xbox.com/en-IN/xbox-360/xbox-live/bing-text-search

"Just as with Xbox Live content, you may use Family Settings to restrict what content will be
    returned and accessed in Bing search. For example, if you wish to restrict access to adult-rated movies or shows, you can do this through the built-in parental controls of your Xbox."

Where can I find these controls? I don't see them in 'Family'/'Content Controls'.

ssedwsa, Mar 3, 2016
  3. Vorpal1986
    Vorpal1986 Guest
    Where are the supposed Bing search content control settings located? Bing results use content control for games but not for music and shows?!

Ok. I'm not sure if you tried this, so, here it go...

In your console, go to Settings »»» Family »»» Turn ON the Content Controls »»» Ratings and Content »»» Enter in every option and configure it as you wish.

In the Bing Search of you IE app, try to search the Settings button (not IE settings, but the BING Settings itself) and turn ON all the Safe search that are available

Hope it helps

Vorpal1986, Mar 3, 2016
  4. ssedwsa Win User

This issue really shouldn't be difficult to fix in an update. Where is the right place for me to bring this up?
  5. ssedwsa Win User

There seems like no reason in getting Xbox Gold for my kid if this parental control thing hardly works. I know it says online interactions are not rated by ESRB but if I minimize online interactions I don't see how it would be a problem for my kid to be
    able to enjoy playing against live opponents in a kid's game. But when I enable Xbox Live access on my the limited membership it already opens up so many problems that I can't shut off or have the ability to limit. as I've detailed above. It's really too bad.
  6. Vorpal1986 Win User

7. ssedwsa Win User

Doesn't help, even when I enable cookies and remain signed in to bing in the IE app, and then exit it, and try the bing search in the Dashboard.

Some other issues:

Sometimes the games that show up are not filtered either, though they can't be downloaded unless they fit with the parental settings.

Sometimes it seems as if the parental controls are working during the first search made in the bing tab (and sometimes during the first search an error occurs and nothing shows up at all except for an IE search option (though to access that the parental
    control forces a password to be entered - for once)), but the second or third or fourth everything reverts back to the all of the inconsistent results I have described in this thread at length.

In some apps, like Amazon video, the content download ability is limited by the parental settings, and even image previews won't show up when limited, however, explicit titles and text summaries of adult movies show up in searches!
  8. ssedwsa Win User

Thema:

1. Where are the supposed Bing search content control settings located? Bing results use content ... - Similar Threads - Where are supposed

2. Where can I find figment save files?

in XBoX on Windows
    Where can I find figment save files?: I want to move the save files of Figment: Journey into the mind but cannot seem to find the save files anywhere. fb74c236-e670-4b44-91ae-95314a1064a1
  3. where is the other amounts in the Xbox rewards

in XBoX on Windows
    where is the other amounts in the Xbox rewards: Since Microsoft has taken down the rewards app I can't find the one time Xbox $10 gift card anymore. Its either the $50 or $100 one times or the lower amounts but all in Auto redeem which I don't...
  4. Where is my storage

in XBoX on Windows
    Where is my storage: So I have 364GB to use on my console and my games and apps only combine to around 330GB but my xbox says I’ve used 99.9% of my storage, how does that make any sense?...
  5. Where do i get my Robux code

in XBoX on Windows
    Where do i get my Robux code: I redeemed 200 robux in the xbox app in microsoft rewards but haven’t received a code for them. Where do i check for this code? 37abdbac-e927-4c48-babc-4fad5c0f9e51
  6. Where is my Roblox name and password on Xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    Where is my Roblox name and password on Xbox: What is my Roblox username and password notify me d53b9ea7-6461-464b-b102-2affcf852834
  7. I just want to know where the hell do I put this link that keeps coming up on my Xbox to...

in XBoX on Windows
    I just want to know where the hell do I put this link that keeps coming up on my Xbox to...: Where do I put this link from my Xbox so I can play the damn games a13086df-ef2b-490f-9ce0-2b383915e16e
  8. Where are my rewards/quests?

in XBoX on Windows
    Where are my rewards/quests?: On my Xbox profile I go on rewards, but there's nothing there. I thought they'd be a new rewards hub, with new quests this April. All mine says is "Try again later" "We can't check for quests...
  9. Where to buy buttons / switches for xbox adaptive controller?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Where to buy buttons / switches for xbox adaptive controller?: Hi I have an xbox accessibility controller (the big rectangle controller) for a disabled friend and was wondering where do I buy switches / additional buttons to plug into the controller...
  10. I have sent my Xbox controller elite 2 back but I look at my account where it supposed to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have sent my Xbox controller elite 2 back but I look at my account where it supposed to...: I have sent my Xbox controller elite 2 back on Microsoft account I’m following it hasn’t moved but on ups website says is been delivered fbbf86be-ec41-4002-9f4d-447119b2dae4