whenever I try to open settings it say's "sorry this has to be reinstalled" but I cant...

Discus and support whenever I try to open settings it say's "sorry this has to be reinstalled" but I cant... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I've restarted my Xbox but it stayed the same I'm all out of ideas and would appreciate some help. 982b4e5f-87b5-4229-a17a-069af042d792 Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Onetimevoyage34, Aug 14, 2022.

1. whenever I try to open settings it say's "sorry this has to be reinstalled" but I cant...

I've restarted my Xbox but it stayed the same I'm all out of ideas and would appreciate some help.

:)

Onetimevoyage34, Aug 14, 2022
  2. [ A J ] Win User

whenever I try to open settings it say's "sorry this has to be reinstalled" but I cant uninstall settings. I've tried restarting my Xbox series x but it keeps happening.

Hi, Onetimevoyage34! thank you for reaching out.

My name is AJ, I'm an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing some issues with your console.

Would you mind giving this a try? this should refresh your console's OS and allow you to access the settings menu.

"Resetting Xbox to factory settings from the troubleshooting menu."

(Keeping games and apps)

- Turn your console off and unplug it for 30 seconds.

- Plug your console back into the outlet.

- While the console is off, press and hold the BIND and EJECT buttons.

- Without letting go of them, press the power button once (do not hold).

- Continue holding BIND and EJECT for 15 seconds.

* The BIND button is the one used to link controllers to your console and the EJECT button is the one used to eject disc games.

Just keep in mind you will need an internet connection and your account details (email and password) to complete the setup process.

*** Resetting your console to its factory defaults erases all accounts, saved games, settings, and home Xbox associations. Anything not synchronized with Xbox Live will be lost. If your console has been constantly connected to the internet and Xbox Live services, your saved data should be backed up on the cloud.

I hope this helps!

Best regards.
  3. hossinff Win User

I cant seem to change my privacy settings on Xbox

I I cant seem to change my privacy settings on Xbox is just goes to the support page whenever I try
    I I cant seem to change my privacy settings on Xbox is just goes to the support page whenever I try
  4. elliott salt Win User

FH5 crashes whenever I try open it

I've tried this, but no crash report is generated. I refresh event viewer after the game crashes, but nothing comes up.
  5. Eletricdrum Win User

FH5 crashes whenever I try open it

Hi, my name is Fernando and I am an independent consultant for Microsoft products.

The first step I suggest to you is get the crash logs in the Event Viewer:

Press Windows and serach by "Event Viewer"

In the left panel select "Windows logs" and click in "Application"

You'll see the complete logs in the center window.

Clear the logs by right clicking the "Application" in the left panel, you'll see that the old logs will desapear.

Open the game again and a crash log will be generated.

Copy all the logs and create a ticket in the official Forza support site:

https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/ca...
  6. corbett66 Win User

Fulgore patch is live

i cant download fulgore whenever i try it says its not on the marketplace
Thema:

whenever I try to open settings it say's "sorry this has to be reinstalled" but I cant...

1. whenever I try to open settings it say's "sorry this has to be reinstalled" but I cant... - Similar Threads - whenever try open

2. Whenever I try to use my external hardrive it says that I have to pick a folder

in XBoX on Consoles
    Whenever I try to use my external hardrive it says that I have to pick a folder: Regardless of whatever folder I pick it says "You can't set your default folder location to that one. Try another one" or "You can't change your default install location to that folder while it is...
  3. Whenever I try to check my messages it says “We can’t get all of your messages right now....

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Whenever I try to check my messages it says “We can’t get all of your messages right now....: I’ve tried resetting my Xbox and hard turning it on and off. dfdb2707-7708-4ab8-9eff-c2cdcd990d69
  4. Hello, Whenever I log on to Fortnite my xbox says' "Give that another try" I've done a hard...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello, Whenever I log on to Fortnite my xbox says' "Give that another try" I've done a hard...: Hello, Whenever I log on to Fortnite my xbox says' "Give that another try" I've done a hard reset, and I have also reset my xbox, but that still didn't work, what should I do to fix this?...
  5. Why is it that whenever I try to log in to my account, it says that it could not and then I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is it that whenever I try to log in to my account, it says that it could not and then I...: Why is it that whenever I try to log in to my account, it says that it could not and then I hit retry and that does not work. It keeps telling me the same thing over and over again....
  6. Whenever I try to log in to cloud gaming on laptops and phones in my house it loads after I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Whenever I try to log in to cloud gaming on laptops and phones in my house it loads after I...: Whenever I try to log in to cloud gaming on laptops and phones in my house it loads after I put in my info then it shows me to sign in again and it goes on forever. Please help!...
  7. Whenever I try to start a stream on twitch, my friends tell me that they can only see a...

in XBoX on Windows
    Whenever I try to start a stream on twitch, my friends tell me that they can only see a...: I can’t stream because of this and I love streaming!! Help please!? fbe502d9-0ccb-473d-8b22-2f5b9a9c8827
  8. Whenever I try to download a game this error happens and for games that i have already...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Whenever I try to download a game this error happens and for games that i have already...: Error 0x80070005 for when i try download (For Celeste and Forza Horizon 4 but im pretty sure this is also a universal) and "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not...
  9. whenever i try to open minecraft with Forge, it gives me the error code one.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    whenever i try to open minecraft with Forge, it gives me the error code one.: I have no mods installed currently so i know its not that, and I tried reinstalling java, minecraft, the minecraft launcher, and forge, and none of it worked, I also looked in the latest...
  10. Why is my Xbox Series S doing a quick fade to black whenever I try to open a game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my Xbox Series S doing a quick fade to black whenever I try to open a game?: So I just bought a new Xbox Series S and just finished setting it up. Redeemed an Ultimate Pass and installed Among Us to play it. When I tried to open the game for the first time, it worked. But...