whenever I try to download Xbox app the Microsoft store freezes how do I fix this?

Discus and support whenever I try to download Xbox app the Microsoft store freezes how do I fix this? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was having problems with the Xbox app not opening so i uninstalled it figuring I could reinstall it. The only problem is now when I try to reinstall... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by __Danielle__, Mar 20, 2023.

1. __Danielle__
    __Danielle__ Guest

whenever I try to download Xbox app the Microsoft store freezes how do I fix this?

I was having problems with the Xbox app not opening so i uninstalled it figuring I could reinstall it. The only problem is now when I try to reinstall it the store freezes then closes. I have tried to repair the app and reset it and neither of those helped.

:)

__Danielle__, Mar 20, 2023
  2. OpticRJames Win User

Hi there. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please try the steps one at a time to resolve the issue.

Solution 1: Repair the Gaming Services app.

Please go to Settings > Apps > Apps Features. Select Gaming Services, then click Advanced options. Click the repair button, try installing the app again, and see if it works.

Solution 2: Uninstall and reinstall the Gaming Services App

Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.

In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.

Restart your device and try to install the app again and see if it works.

Solution 3:

Please open the PowerShell in admin mode and paste the following below:

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}
  3. MorM1 Win User

Can not Install Xbox App

Thank you for the reply!

Sadly however this has not solved my problem, the Microsoft store still freezes if I try to install the Xbox app from there. And whenever I look at downloads and updates on the Microsoft store it permanently shows a loading sign, preventing me from updating destiny 2.

Please let me know if you think there is anything else I should try. Thank you for the help!
  4. deen matti Win User

xboxinstaller wont work

i cant use the xbox app cause the same thing happens when i try to download something in the microsoft store it just freezes
  5. Kaplooee Win User

Xbox game pass not working

I have this issue to but I found a fix. Try using the Microsoft Store App instead of the Xbox App. I was able to download, install and the play games with the Microsoft Store App. Later on, the Xbox App shows the game I installed and is playable.
  6. Hoskayra Win User

How do i fix microsoft store and xbox app?

Hello antonio,my name is Oskayra, I will be happy to help you in any way possible.

I am very sorry for what you are going through, doing an internet search I found that the independent advisor Miguel P_962 has a solution to your problem, I will leave it with you so that you can carry it out.

Please try to do the following processes:

1) It is very important that if you are using another antivirus other than Windows Defender or if you have installed optimization programs (for example Ccleaner, AVG TuneUp... etc) you uninstall them since these third-party programs restrict some system functions such as updates of Windows.

2) Run the Windows Update troubleshooter:

Select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Troubleshoot additional problems, then select Windows Update > Run the troubleshooter.

3) Do a clean boot, this is to check if there is any background process or third-party program that is causing the problem, follow the instructions in the following link:

https://support.microsoft.com/es-es/topic/c%C3%...

4) Use the Reset Windows Update Tool, this tool performs several processes, including Reset Windows Update services, I will show you the guide for using the tool made by Omar Plastina:

https://answers.microsoft.com/es-es/windows/for...

I recommend using the options in the following order 3, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 and finally option 2 (this last one is the most important option)

If you continue with the error, please tell me the edition of Windows 10 that you have installed on your computer. To confirm this information, do the following:

- Press the Windows key and the R key at the same time
    - Type the command winver and press the Enter key
    -Send me a screenshot of the “About Windows” window

Credits:https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/c427aff9-20be-4b14-bbe3-9a7d6dc62c65

I hope the information is helpful to you, if not, let me know that I will be happy to continue helping you, good luck and happy day.

Sincerely,
    Oskaira.
Thema:

1. whenever I try to download Xbox app the Microsoft store freezes how do I fix this? - Similar Threads - whenever try download

2. Whenever I try to use my external hardrive it says that I have to pick a folder

in XBoX on Consoles
    Whenever I try to use my external hardrive it says that I have to pick a folder: Regardless of whatever folder I pick it says "You can't set your default folder location to that one. Try another one" or "You can't change your default install location to that folder while it is...
  3. Whenever I try to check my messages it says “We can’t get all of your messages right now....

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Whenever I try to check my messages it says “We can’t get all of your messages right now....: I’ve tried resetting my Xbox and hard turning it on and off. dfdb2707-7708-4ab8-9eff-c2cdcd990d69
  4. Hello, Whenever I log on to Fortnite my xbox says' "Give that another try" I've done a hard...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello, Whenever I log on to Fortnite my xbox says' "Give that another try" I've done a hard...: Hello, Whenever I log on to Fortnite my xbox says' "Give that another try" I've done a hard reset, and I have also reset my xbox, but that still didn't work, what should I do to fix this?...
  5. Why is it that whenever I try to log in to my account, it says that it could not and then I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is it that whenever I try to log in to my account, it says that it could not and then I...: Why is it that whenever I try to log in to my account, it says that it could not and then I hit retry and that does not work. It keeps telling me the same thing over and over again....
  6. Whenever I try to log in to cloud gaming on laptops and phones in my house it loads after I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Whenever I try to log in to cloud gaming on laptops and phones in my house it loads after I...: Whenever I try to log in to cloud gaming on laptops and phones in my house it loads after I put in my info then it shows me to sign in again and it goes on forever. Please help!...
  7. Whenever I try to start a stream on twitch, my friends tell me that they can only see a...

in XBoX on Windows
    Whenever I try to start a stream on twitch, my friends tell me that they can only see a...: I can’t stream because of this and I love streaming!! Help please!? fbe502d9-0ccb-473d-8b22-2f5b9a9c8827
  8. Whenever I try to download a game this error happens and for games that i have already...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Whenever I try to download a game this error happens and for games that i have already...: Error 0x80070005 for when i try download (For Celeste and Forza Horizon 4 but im pretty sure this is also a universal) and "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not...
  9. Whenever I try to play Xbox 360 games on my Xbox series X I can’t connect my profile.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Whenever I try to play Xbox 360 games on my Xbox series X I can’t connect my profile.: For over a year now, I haven’t been able to play any Xbox 360 games online. Initially, when the issue started Every time I tried to load an Xbox 360 game I couldn’t sign into my accounts on the...
  10. Getting error code 0x80070002 whenever I try to download anything from the Xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Getting error code 0x80070002 whenever I try to download anything from the Xbox app: Title. Recently reinstalled Windows 10 on my computer and had to redownload a bunch of games. For the Xbox App though, every single time I try to download anything it results in this specific...