Whenever i install something using the Microsoft store error 0x80070005 shows up

Discus and support Whenever i install something using the Microsoft store error 0x80070005 shows up in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have this issue for a while and nothing seems to help, this error also shows up when i try downloading Sea of Thieves via the Xbox Game Pass.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by VitoXYZ, Apr 12, 2022.

1. VitoXYZ
    VitoXYZ Guest

Whenever i install something using the Microsoft store error 0x80070005 shows up

Hello,

I have this issue for a while and nothing seems to help, this error also shows up when i try downloading Sea of Thieves via the Xbox Game Pass.

I have went through 5 different Microsoft assistants and none of them where able to help me, he is some things i tried.

sfc/scannow, Cache flushing, Wsreset.exe, fixing and resetting the apps using settings, adding my account to my Microsoft family and giving me all perms, uninstalling-reinstalling the Windows store as well as the Xbox game services, Creating a new Microsoft account and rebuying the subscription, giving my Microsoft account all possible permissions, changing my Microsoft account birth date. All these and nothing changed, if anyone encountered the same problem please help me as i am already struggling with this for the past few days and i still want to enjoy my game while the subscription is active.

-Thank you,

Kacper

:)

VitoXYZ, Apr 12, 2022
  2. L4c3rd4 Win User

Cool! No worries Vito, I'll be here if you need anything else my friend.
  3. VitoXYZ Win User

No, i will just restore my pc to factory settings removing all my files, and if that dosent work then i guess i will have to ask for a refund as i tried litearly everything
  4. L4c3rd4 Win User

That's odd, even the OS restoration didn't work?
  5. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey VitoXYZ, how are you today? Hope you're well.

This error code: 0x80070005, is regarding some drive issue.

Have you tried to install the games on some other drive?

Open Settings on Windows 10.

Click on System.

Click on Storage.

Under the “More storage settings” section, click the Change where new content is saved option.

Use the New apps will save to drop-down menus to select the new default location for apps.

Click the Apply button.

If that doesn't work, or any error like this: 0x80070005 appears:

1. Go to "my computer" > Select the disk you want to save files from now on.

2. There will be a folder called "Windows apps" > Right click and select properties > security > advanced.

3. Another tab will appear, click continue (for this, your account must have admin privileges).

4. Where is owner click "change" > then "Advanced" > Then "find now" > Then choose "Authenticated Users" > Click OK, then OK again and click apply.

5. After this rename the WindowsApps folder to WindowsApps.old

6. Create a new folder called WindowsApps.

NOTE: It is important that you rename the folder according to step 5 and create another one according to step 6, otherwise it won't work.

7. Restart the PC.

8. Then try changing the save location for new apps and games in the settings again.

If nothing works, try those procedures below:

So, let's try this, first, make sure your windows and all its services are up to date:

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available;

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services.

Then try this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

Then, try to uninstall and install the Xbox app. :)

If it still doesn't work you're going to uninstall the games services using a powershell command.

In the windows search bar type Powershell > Right click and select open as administrator > Type the command: "get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-Appxpackage –allusers" > Wait for the process to finish and then restart the PC, then open your Xbox gamepass app, it will ask you to install the gaming services again, install it and try again.

Then, after you do it, you're going to open the game pass app, it will ask you to download and install the game services again

If neither of those procedures works, try to restore your PC's OS via the ISO image tool, using that tool you will be able to maintain your installed games and files.

If you're using Windows 10:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

If you're using Windows 11:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

First, you will download it > Open the ISO Image tool > Open a file inside it called SETUP.exe > Select upgrade > download from the cloud > Keep games and apps.
  6. VitoXYZ Win User

None of this worked, i might try to contact a virtual assistant again but that wont do mutch.
Thema:

1. Whenever i install something using the Microsoft store error 0x80070005 shows up - Similar Threads - Whenever install something

2. Whenever I turn on my blood red Xbox controller it starts blinking and won’t go into...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Whenever I turn on my blood red Xbox controller it starts blinking and won’t go into...: Whenever I turn on my blood red Xbox controller it starts blinking and won’t go into connection mode and just blinks it’s under responsive I am really scared and I don’t know what to do please...
  3. Whenever I try to use my external hardrive it says that I have to pick a folder

in XBoX on Consoles
    Whenever I try to use my external hardrive it says that I have to pick a folder: Regardless of whatever folder I pick it says "You can't set your default folder location to that one. Try another one" or "You can't change your default install location to that folder while it is...
  4. Why is my monitor going into standby mode whenever I switch HDMI to my xbox and how do I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my monitor going into standby mode whenever I switch HDMI to my xbox and how do I...: I been having a problem with my monitor for a few days now. I’ve had this monitor for almost a year and all of a sudden something called standby mode is showing up for the first time and I don’t...
  5. Whenever I try to check my messages it says “We can’t get all of your messages right now....

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Whenever I try to check my messages it says “We can’t get all of your messages right now....: I’ve tried resetting my Xbox and hard turning it on and off. dfdb2707-7708-4ab8-9eff-c2cdcd990d69
  6. Whenever I load my xbox up, there are these pixels on my screen that react weird to in game...

in XboX Insiders
    Whenever I load my xbox up, there are these pixels on my screen that react weird to in game...: Any idea on how to fix? If it helps, it occasionally just blacks out for a second or two. Its not the TV because streaming stuff on it works completely fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated....
  7. I'm trying to install a game (fortnite) and whenever I try to, it stops the installation...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm trying to install a game (fortnite) and whenever I try to, it stops the installation...: I've already tried erasing local save data btw I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game but it comes back with the same notification 'this game requires an update' whenever I click...
  8. Trying to install a game but whenever I do it just says installation paused and then...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to install a game but whenever I do it just says installation paused and then...: I have tried everything from updating my Xbox to restarting and completely resetting it but nothing works at all. Tried everything I can do but nothing works. 9190753b-d9c0-4b64-8e27-d60a06e29b8b
  9. My ghost recon breakpoint dosent have new gen optimization whenever I install it to play it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My ghost recon breakpoint dosent have new gen optimization whenever I install it to play it...: I’ve tried everything uninstalling the game moving from my internal to my external then back again. The only choice I have now is to reset it up I don’t want to is there any other option...
  10. Whenever I try installing gta v it says installation stopped

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Whenever I try installing gta v it says installation stopped: I just bought gta v on the microsoft store on my xbox one s. And every time I have tried to install the game it say installation stopped. I have tried to restart my console but it hasn’t worked....