Whenever I go into GTA v on my Xbox it says installing 90%

Discus and support Whenever I go into GTA v on my Xbox it says installing 90% in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When I go into gta v it come up with the normal loading screen but is stuck on installing 90% in the bottom right corner how would I fix this... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by em brierley, Nov 28, 2022.

1. em brierley
    em brierley Guest

When I go into gta v it come up with the normal loading screen but is stuck on installing 90% in the bottom right corner how would I fix this

:)

em brierley, Nov 28, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Thank you for confirming. We may need to install the game digitally by following the steps below:

1. Cancel the installation and remove the disc.

2. Perform a powercycle on your console.

​​​A. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

B. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

3. Launch Xbox app on your phone and search for the game.

4. Click the game and choose "Download to Console"

5. Wait for the game to install completely before inserting the disc to play it.
  3. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

If I may ask, is this a disc game or a digital game?

Also, if this is a digital game, do you have an external hard drive plugged into your console?
  4. LegendOfGta Win User

360 or next gen ?

Hmm, buy GTA: V on the Ol' Reliable that is my Xbox 360 or pay for an Xbox ONE, which will surely break down DAY ONE and fall apart the minute I install it AND pay for GTA: V to watch it get ejected at 90 mph from a malfunctioning disc tray? Hmm, WELL I'M
    STUMPED!!!
  5. iAshHD Win User

360 or next gen ?

[quote user="LegendOfGta"]

Hmm, buy GTA: V on the Ol' Reliable that is my Xbox 360 or pay for an Xbox ONE, which will surely break down DAY ONE and fall apart the minute I install it AND pay for GTA: V to watch it get ejected at 90 mph from a malfunctioning disc tray? Hmm, WELL I'M
    STUMPED!!!

[/quote]

GTA V will more than likely be my final game for 360, after that, it's onto either the PS4 or Xbox One.
  6. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Whenever I try installing gta v it says installation stopped

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, an Independent Advisor. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I am here to help.

Kindly try to follow the troubleshooting steps:

1.) Check the space on your hard drive

View your notifications on your Xbox console to make sure you have enough space on your hard drive to install the content. Here’s how:

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide, and then select the Notifications icon.

See if there are any notifications about low or unavailable hard drive space. Xbox alerts you when you’re running low.

If there’s a notification about low hard drive space, you’ll have to either delete content to free up space or add an external drive.

2.) Check for a system update

You may need to update your console. For example, if you see a “Download stopped” error, you may need to install an update before the download can complete.

To see if there’s an update available:

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Updates.

If there are any updates, they’ll appear in the left menu. If not, you'll see "No console update available."

Please take your time and let me know if it works.

Reference link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/...
Thema:

1. Whenever I go into GTA v on my Xbox it says installing 90% - Similar Threads - Whenever GTA says

2. Whenever I turn on my blood red Xbox controller it starts blinking and won’t go into...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Whenever I turn on my blood red Xbox controller it starts blinking and won’t go into...: Whenever I turn on my blood red Xbox controller it starts blinking and won’t go into connection mode and just blinks it’s under responsive I am really scared and I don’t know what to do please...
  3. Whenever I try to use my external hardrive it says that I have to pick a folder

in XBoX on Consoles
    Whenever I try to use my external hardrive it says that I have to pick a folder: Regardless of whatever folder I pick it says "You can't set your default folder location to that one. Try another one" or "You can't change your default install location to that folder while it is...
  4. Why is my monitor going into standby mode whenever I switch HDMI to my xbox and how do I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my monitor going into standby mode whenever I switch HDMI to my xbox and how do I...: I been having a problem with my monitor for a few days now. I’ve had this monitor for almost a year and all of a sudden something called standby mode is showing up for the first time and I don’t...
  5. Whenever I try to check my messages it says “We can’t get all of your messages right now....

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Whenever I try to check my messages it says “We can’t get all of your messages right now....: I’ve tried resetting my Xbox and hard turning it on and off. dfdb2707-7708-4ab8-9eff-c2cdcd990d69
  6. Whenever I load my xbox up, there are these pixels on my screen that react weird to in game...

in XboX Insiders
    Whenever I load my xbox up, there are these pixels on my screen that react weird to in game...: Any idea on how to fix? If it helps, it occasionally just blacks out for a second or two. Its not the TV because streaming stuff on it works completely fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated....
  7. Why is it whenever I move my joystick forward in a game my character continues moving even...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is it whenever I move my joystick forward in a game my character continues moving even...: What happens is whenever I move my controller joystick forward to sprint in ac vallhalla and I let go of the stick it continues moving this is the same problem on the games UI and when moving...
  8. Hello, Whenever I log on to Fortnite my xbox says' "Give that another try" I've done a hard...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello, Whenever I log on to Fortnite my xbox says' "Give that another try" I've done a hard...: Hello, Whenever I log on to Fortnite my xbox says' "Give that another try" I've done a hard reset, and I have also reset my xbox, but that still didn't work, what should I do to fix this?...
  9. Why do I keep getting kicked out from GTA back to my Home Screen whenever I start a setup?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I keep getting kicked out from GTA back to my Home Screen whenever I start a setup?: I never get kicked from GTA but whenever I start a setup it kicks me back to my Home Screen of my Xbox. 8a14ea60-e3dc-4eb2-ac6a-e38c41c13cc6
  10. Whenever I try installing gta v it says installation stopped

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Whenever I try installing gta v it says installation stopped: I just bought gta v on the microsoft store on my xbox one s. And every time I have tried to install the game it say installation stopped. I have tried to restart my console but it hasn’t worked....