Whenever I am downloading Forza Horizon 5 off the the Xbox store it crashes

Discus and support Whenever I am downloading Forza Horizon 5 off the the Xbox store it crashes in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I wanted to try and download Forza Horizon 5 because I have a game pass, but, whenever I try it downloads to 1.2 GB, then it goes to 900 kb/s download... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by michael stanco, May 18, 2023.

1. Whenever I am downloading Forza Horizon 5 off the the Xbox store it crashes

I wanted to try and download Forza Horizon 5 because I have a game pass, but, whenever I try it downloads to 1.2 GB, then it goes to 900 kb/s download speed (usually 30 mb/s~). I also have enough storage, I have 400 GB and it only requires 134. Let me know if you need screenshots or videos, and I'll get back to you.

:)

michael stanco, May 18, 2023
  2. OpticRJames Win User

Hi, Michael. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please try the following steps one at a time to resolve the issue:

Solution 1: Do a power cycle to clear the cache of the console

1. Turn off the Xbox console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.

2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4, Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox console.

Solution 2: Try setting up Manual DNS settings and check if that sorts out the issue.

1. Please go to Settings > Network > Advanced Settings > DNS settings >> manual

2. Primary DNS: 208.67.222.222

3. Secondary DNS: 208.67.220.220

Solution 3: Please try setting up a mobile hotspot connection using your phone, then connect the console to the hotspot connection. Try downloading the game after that and see if it works.

Solution 4: If you are downloading the game to an external hard drive try downloading it to the internal hard drive instead and see if it works.
  3. XER0_Gamez Win User

Forza Horizon 5 is not able to download to an external drive.

All of my Microsoft and Xbox games are downloaded on my external drive including the previous Horizon, which is Forza Horizon 4. I changed where new apps are stored when downloaded from the Microsoft store to my external drive but it still wont download Forza Horizon 5 to my external drive. On the Xbox app it wont show my external drive as an option to download to. I am able to download any game from the Microsoft store and Xbox app to my external drive except Forza Horizon 5.
  4. mictorioz Win User

Slow speed on xbox pc

I meant that game is available on store but can't be downloaded without xbox app. Its Forza Horizon 5 btw.
  5. hungerchicken21jeff Win User

xbox app Forza horizon 5

Hello

• I do have the latest Windows Updates.
    • There are no error codes that come up, the progress bar just flicks on and off.
    • I am able to download other games, it is just the Forza Horizon 5. I can even download Forza Horizon 4 with no trouble.
    Thanks
  6. lvnleysoul69 Win User

Forza Horizon 5 gets stuck on preparing and then cancles - Windows 11

This is what helped me and got Forza to download.
    1. Go into the Microsoft Store and search Forza Horizon 5 Standard Edition.
    2. Next you want to click on Forza Horizon 5 Standard Edition and you want to click Install from the Xbox app.
    3. This will take you to the Xbox app and when it takes you to the Forza game scroll down and look at the tab named "Included in this bundle" And click Forza Horizon 5.
    4. This should take you to the regular Forza Horizon 5 game rather than the Standard Edition, And then you want to click install and this should download the game.

Hope this helps have a good day!
Thema:

1. Whenever I am downloading Forza Horizon 5 off the the Xbox store it crashes - Similar Threads - Whenever downloading Forza

2. Whenever I turn on my blood red Xbox controller it starts blinking and won’t go into...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Whenever I turn on my blood red Xbox controller it starts blinking and won’t go into...: Whenever I turn on my blood red Xbox controller it starts blinking and won’t go into connection mode and just blinks it’s under responsive I am really scared and I don’t know what to do please...
  3. Whenever I try to use my external hardrive it says that I have to pick a folder

in XBoX on Consoles
    Whenever I try to use my external hardrive it says that I have to pick a folder: Regardless of whatever folder I pick it says "You can't set your default folder location to that one. Try another one" or "You can't change your default install location to that folder while it is...
  4. Why is my monitor going into standby mode whenever I switch HDMI to my xbox and how do I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my monitor going into standby mode whenever I switch HDMI to my xbox and how do I...: I been having a problem with my monitor for a few days now. I’ve had this monitor for almost a year and all of a sudden something called standby mode is showing up for the first time and I don’t...
  5. Whenever I try to check my messages it says “We can’t get all of your messages right now....

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Whenever I try to check my messages it says “We can’t get all of your messages right now....: I’ve tried resetting my Xbox and hard turning it on and off. dfdb2707-7708-4ab8-9eff-c2cdcd990d69
  6. Whenever I load my xbox up, there are these pixels on my screen that react weird to in game...

in XboX Insiders
    Whenever I load my xbox up, there are these pixels on my screen that react weird to in game...: Any idea on how to fix? If it helps, it occasionally just blacks out for a second or two. Its not the TV because streaming stuff on it works completely fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated....
  7. Why is it whenever I move my joystick forward in a game my character continues moving even...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is it whenever I move my joystick forward in a game my character continues moving even...: What happens is whenever I move my controller joystick forward to sprint in ac vallhalla and I let go of the stick it continues moving this is the same problem on the games UI and when moving...
  8. Hello, Whenever I log on to Fortnite my xbox says' "Give that another try" I've done a hard...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello, Whenever I log on to Fortnite my xbox says' "Give that another try" I've done a hard...: Hello, Whenever I log on to Fortnite my xbox says' "Give that another try" I've done a hard reset, and I have also reset my xbox, but that still didn't work, what should I do to fix this?...
  9. Whenever I try to download a game this error happens and for games that i have already...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Whenever I try to download a game this error happens and for games that i have already...: Error 0x80070005 for when i try download (For Celeste and Forza Horizon 4 but im pretty sure this is also a universal) and "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not...
  10. Getting error code 0x80070002 whenever I try to download anything from the Xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Getting error code 0x80070002 whenever I try to download anything from the Xbox app: Title. Recently reinstalled Windows 10 on my computer and had to redownload a bunch of games. For the Xbox App though, every single time I try to download anything it results in this specific...