When will this issue be resolved as my son still waiting on controller.

Discus and support When will this issue be resolved as my son still waiting on controller. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I sent an elite Series 2 xbox controller for repair to Frankfurt Germany. They then semt an email from microsoft to tell me order cancelled. I rang... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Etho02, Nov 8, 2022.

1. Etho02
    Etho02 Guest

I sent an elite Series 2 xbox controller for repair to Frankfurt Germany. They then semt an email from microsoft to tell me order cancelled. I rang them to enquire why was cancelled. No one could tell me why and they would investigate. About five days later i receive a controller mot even the elite one i sent to them. The controller was nothing short of falling apart. A different serial number obviously to the one i sent. I again rang microsoft and they said nothing they can do and dont know where my controller is. I havd read lots of reviews and find it very strange that the same thing happened to lots of other people. This situation needs to be addressed by microsoft. Shocking.

:)

Etho02, Nov 8, 2022
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Etho02,

We totally understand your frustration, we know that you wanted to receive back the controller you sent for repair. I wish there is more we can do here in our end. Is just that we do not have an advance tool to check your account and investigate further. What we can only do here in Community Forum is to provide technical assistance and guide you to the right support team who can help address concerns like this.

Since you contacted the live support already, where they started an investigation of your concern. You just need to contact them back and provide the reference number so that they can continue the investigation of this matter.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

3. Etho02 Win User

Hi Kathy

No it is not even an elite series 2 controller. Surely they can track who sent that controller in to microsoft. I dont know what it wrong with that controller but looks very broken everything onnit appears to bd loose and its wuite dirty. I can send you a photo of it still have box and packaging it came in also.

I was going to call to the microsoft office in Dublin to try resolve this matter. At this stage there is still no sign of my controller and to be honest i cant see how the matter can be resolved when there is no correspondence from Microsoft Repair Centre Germany even though we have a tracking number from UPS.

Cant understand whats happening heres hoping you can.
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Hi Etho02,

Hope you are doing well. Thank you for posting in Xbox Forums.

We're sorry to hear that the repair of your son's controller has turned into something you did not expect which is replacement. If the controller you sent is indeed not working the team that receives your controller will send you another one. Then, you may re-register that controller's serial number to your son's account.

Based on your description, 'The controller was nothing short of falling apart.' May we know if the current controller sent to you has issues too? Is it the same issue you once had with the previous controller?

It is not strange as written in support article - Request an Xbox controller replacement | Xbox Support, that the replacement is necessary for the controller's that are not working.

For more details, please check these links:

We look forward to your response.

Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. Kathy A. Win User

Hi Etho02,

Thanks for the update.

We truly understand your concern, and we believe this should be addressed well. There could be a mismatch of the controller sent to you as you did not receive similar Elite Series 2 Controller.

Just a clarification, the controller being sent to you should be on the same model however, it will not be necessary to be the same device you sent for repair (that is why the serial number should be re-register upon receiving the device). We believe that live support team can definitely help you track and clarify things about this. Please do share to them the details you mentioned here so they can assist you. They have advanced tools that could assist you with this.

Thanks for posting here in Microsoft Community!

Regards,

6. Kathy A. Win User

Hi Etho02,

Thanks for replying and sharing the details about your concern.

We appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention. We would like to know more about the controller sent to you.

Please let us know if the controller you receive is also an Elite Series 2.

When you mention virtually falling apart, may we ask for details?

Regards,

Thema:

1. When will this issue be resolved as my son still waiting on controller. - Similar Threads - issue resolved son

2. Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...: I had an old installation of windows on this computer. I recently reinstalled windows. The folders on the old drive have some permissions issue. I have my new windows setup and working find on...
  3. Issue resolved for latest PC app update (2/23/24)

in XboX Insiders
    Issue resolved for latest PC app update (2/23/24): You will need to use the gaming services repair tool to fix the issue. As I just updated it last night (2/22/24) and the next time I went to launch the same game I had been playing for the last 12...
  4. why cant i call a person at microsoft to resolve an issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    why cant i call a person at microsoft to resolve an issue: i want to talk to a person at microsoft to resolve an issue 283c568e-4777-4781-be62-1b34f299cb27
  5. How to resolve login issue on Xbox 360 game?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to resolve login issue on Xbox 360 game?: Okay, let me see if I can get this all straight... I have been working on the digital Xbox 360 version of Watch Dogs for a couple weeks. Besides the issues with Ubisoft's servers themselves, I...
  6. When will audio issues for Xbox Series X/S streaming apps be resolved permanently?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When will audio issues for Xbox Series X/S streaming apps be resolved permanently?: I admit I'm a little more than frustrated about this but I find it completely absurd this is still a problem with a powerhouse such as Microsoft. It has somehow also gotten worse over time. I'm...
  7. sedy used wi.I would ilthis issue is resolved. pld really like this issue resolved if you...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    sedy used wi.I would ilthis issue is resolved. pld really like this issue resolved if you...: my microsoft flight simulator is giving me a warning. that reads. this xbox live account is already used with another steam account on microsoft flight simulator. you will not have access to...
  8. How do I resolve this issue? Loading screen.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I resolve this issue? Loading screen.: I am playing Halo wars definitive edition on my PC and , it lets me launch my game but whenever I press start I get stuck on a loading screen that reads " Loading your profiles storage" I have...
  9. How do I resolve this issue?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I resolve this issue?: I purchased Forza Horizon 5 for my XBox Series X. It came with a bundle of gift cars, but I can't claim them. It says I need to review my Online Safety Settings, but I've reviewed them time and...
  10. 0x87e107df issue - full power cycle of console doesn't resolve - both owned and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    0x87e107df issue - full power cycle of console doesn't resolve - both owned and...: Any advice how to resolve 0x87e107df issue - full power cycle of console doesn't resolve - both owned and subscription games 8fe3a364-0154-4d43-a18a-535a5ccf82b0