When will the Xbox One stop receiving software updates?

Discus and support When will the Xbox One stop receiving software updates? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have an Xbox One (original) and it is still receiving software updates. 4a6f1848-0b4b-402c-8bbf-2e462c9cdce8 Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Sarmad Qureshi, Dec 26, 2022.

1. When will the Xbox One stop receiving software updates?

I have an Xbox One (original) and it is still receiving software updates.

:)

Sarmad Qureshi, Dec 26, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

There is no information yet on when this will happen as Microsoft still supports Xbox one consoles, Sarmdad.
  3. macVIRII Win User

XBOX One X - IR Blaster Problem with Sony Receiver (STR-DN1030 and probably others)

The problem is the software of the xbox that is not sending the signals in the correct order to the IR led/blaster.

If we consider the Xbox is using object oriented programming, during the setup one method of the software is called, when the software makes the IR command outside the setup, another method is called and it's failing to adhere to the correct configuration
    for the sony receivers.

Just to be clear, the IR receiver on most appliances can`t be updated, the command is baked in the chip to send a predetermined message to de processing unit... so it's not on Sony to resolve, but on the Xbox software team to fix the bug in their software.
  4. WPAK Win User

update

5. gds1972 Win User

Software update wont stop

Hi

Can you please try
    using this link
    and either select the option to either Troubleshoot a system update or Update your console offline and you will hopefully be able to get you console to complete the update.
  6. Gerardo CG Win User

Xbox one question software

Hi there JohnnyGarcia5, my name is Gerardo, and I'm an Xbox player, just like you. I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

Don't worry, nothing has been announced yet regarding when Xbox One consoles, in general, will stop receiving software updates, and it will likely be several years before that begins to happen. Keep in mind that the updates currently being made to Xbox Series X|S consoles are the same as those made to all Xbox One consoles because both generations use the same operating system and software.

If you'd like my personal opinion, I recommend getting an Xbox Series X|S console if you have the budget since game developers are gradually releasing games on the Xbox Series version only rather than the Xbox One version. This is due to the hardware limitations when developing games for the previous generation consoles. That's the only disadvantage I see in buying an Xbox One in these times, but in terms of software updates, there's no difference since it's the same as the new-generation consoles.

I hope this helps and if you have further questions please let me know.

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
Thema:

1. When will the Xbox One stop receiving software updates? - Similar Threads - stop receiving software

2. Why when I upload clips to Xbox Network they stop working?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why when I upload clips to Xbox Network they stop working?: I had a previous question about this, but I did some more testing and found more info that may help determine the problem. Essentially whenever I take a game clip I can access it through the...
  3. Xbox one disc problem keeps stopping

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one disc problem keeps stopping: I just bought farcry 5 on disc and it's downloaded 23% but stopped and keeps saying "installation stopped" and then a loud vibrating sound comes from my xbox for a second, is this a disc problem...
  4. Xbox all of a sudden stopped being able to connect to my internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox all of a sudden stopped being able to connect to my internet: I was watching a show on hulu, a day ago and all of sudden my Xbox disconnected from the internet. I thought nothing of it until it would now no longer connect. It will connect to my hotspot, but...
  5. How can I stop my controller from doing double inputs?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I stop my controller from doing double inputs?: My controller randomly started to performing double or triple inputs on all of my buttons. The right stick also slowly drifts upwards everytime I load into a game, but when I move the right stick...
  6. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  7. Xbox App Randomly Stopped Working

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App Randomly Stopped Working: Randomly, a few months ago, my XBOX app–which has been working just fine up until now, suddenly decided to stop working. When I open up the app, all I see is the breathing XBOX logo and text, on...
  8. Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update: Recently, while I was playing with my controller on PC connected through Bluetooth, I noticed that the share button was not working, unless I connected it directly via cable. The only way I found...
  9. Why have i stopped receiving security codes via text?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why have i stopped receiving security codes via text?: Last night i was setting up my new series x. when trying to play MW3, it would not connect, saying i needed game pass (which i have, i was playing gamepass games prior to this point). while trying...
  10. Xbox One Series S randomly stopped receiving my network IP address. How can I keep this...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Series S randomly stopped receiving my network IP address. How can I keep this...: In recent weeks, I've been noticing that my Xbox One Series S has been showing an odd habit of randomly not receiving the IP address for my wireless network, even though all my other devices are...