When will ScreenTime feature (replacement for family timer on 360) become active on Xbox One?

Discus and support When will ScreenTime feature (replacement for family timer on 360) become active on Xbox One? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi there, I have discussed this with your sales team and advised that it would be available in the next release but no clarity on release dates or... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by rkdebroy, Jan 2, 2016.

1. rkdebroy
    rkdebroy Guest

When will ScreenTime feature (replacement for family timer on 360) become active on Xbox One?

Hi there,

I have discussed this with your sales team and advised that it would be available in the next release but no clarity on release dates or planned bug/fixes.

On xbox 360, the family timer feature allowed limitation on its use particulary with childen and yet this feature is not active on XboxOne? Its called 'ScreenTime' on XboxOne and propagates its use to all Mircrosoft devices and its controlled using an Microsoft
    account as opposed to profile accounts on 360.

I have configured ScreenTime back in August 2015 when I first purchased the XboxOne and whist the configuration was tedious, it did work for only a few weeks and then it didnt work at all since late September 2015. No details as to why despite numerous discussions
    with your online chat team. No-one seems to know?

Despite the millions in revenue regarding xbox, there isnt a specific support article regarding this, why? I find this so very disapointing....

Does anyone know? or can help...please respond.

Best

R

:)

rkdebroy, Jan 2, 2016
  2. The Buddha Seb, Jan 2, 2016
  3. Screentime does not work

Hello,

seems like screentime is not working at all on xbox one.

I have created an adult and child account on the xbox and setup the limits via the family website. They seem to have no effect at all.

Is there a patch for this problem? Thanks

Cristiano

MewingCart85006, Jan 2, 2016
  4. When will ScreenTime feature (replacement for family timer on 360) become active on Xbox One?

I got the same issue, trying to set this up before school starts and its not working.

Jacob

Jacob Jeaurond, Aug 18, 2016
  5. rkdebroy
    rkdebroy Guest
    Hi Jacob,

Sorry, I forgot about this post! I have discussed it with them via the chat support group earlier this year but was given the run-around and the question on the post was conveniently ignored and hence forgotten.

So, I phoned them today (through contact us support section) and they said only 3% of customers had used timer feature on xbox360 and so they removed it from xbox one due to low demand. He I find that hard to believe!. He also said that it was never active
    for xbox one but I said it was working for a few weeks. It might be that it was going through beta test phase before it went fully live which is why it worked for a weeks but that's my guess...

The screentime feature works effectively for all Microsoft devices except for Xbox one! I thought with the major xbox one software update in dec2015/Jan2016, it would make it windows compatible and therefore would enable the feature but that didn’t happen.

He agreed its an important issue to address as no-one has posted such an article on their support site.

, though quite a few posts on the subject are unanswered on community/forum sites.

I questioned him on the computer VDU safety rules which apply to most public sector/government organisations in the UK whereby approximately 10 minutes break is required for every 50 minutes looking at the screen. If this applies in the workplace, then why
    does it not apply at home?

He said he'll will send this feedback to their technical department as 'feedback'.

The more people who provide this feedback, Microsoft may reverse this decision, please send your feedback regarding this! I dont want my kids to become zombies all day and all night!

rkdebroy, Aug 18, 2016
  6. cuz77
    cuz77 Guest
    Has there been any updates to this? I can't believe that Xbox One does not simply follow the child account screen time settings in my Microsoft account? I can limit this on my Windows 10 computers but not on my Xbox One that is now running Windows 10?

cuz77, Sep 8, 2016
  7. as ,many posted here, we want screentime on xbox one.

SwungMagician37, Sep 9, 2016
  8. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest

{Parity}, Sep 10, 2016
  9. rkdebroy
    rkdebroy Guest
    Thats great, thanks for doing this.

Everyone who has kids, please respond to the link above and make your vote. The more people that vote, the greater chances Microsoft will take this request seriously.

Spread the link virally through social networks please....

rkdebroy, Sep 10, 2016
  10. Miss Bijoux
    Miss Bijoux Guest
    Hey all -

Thanks for the feedback. Be sure to follow the link Genesis provided above to leave additional feedback going forward.

Thanks for understanding. When will ScreenTime feature (replacement for family timer on 360) become active on Xbox One? :)

Miss Bijoux, Oct 31, 2018
  11. cuz77 Win User

Has there been any updates to this? I can't believe that Xbox One does not simply follow the child account screen time settings in my Microsoft account? I can limit this on my Windows 10 computers but not on my Xbox One that is now running Windows 10?
  12. rkdebroy Win User

Hi Jacob,

Sorry, I forgot about this post! I have discussed it with them via the chat support group earlier this year but was given the run-around and the question on the post was conveniently ignored and hence forgotten.

So, I phoned them today (through contact us support section) and they said only 3% of customers had used timer feature on xbox360 and so they removed it from xbox one due to low demand. He I find that hard to believe!. He also said that it was never active
    for xbox one but I said it was working for a few weeks. It might be that it was going through beta test phase before it went fully live which is why it worked for a weeks but that's my guess...

The screentime feature works effectively for all Microsoft devices except for Xbox one! I thought with the major xbox one software update in dec2015/Jan2016, it would make it windows compatible and therefore would enable the feature but that didn’t happen.

He agreed its an important issue to address as no-one has posted such an article on their support site.

, though quite a few posts on the subject are unanswered on community/forum sites.

I questioned him on the computer VDU safety rules which apply to most public sector/government organisations in the UK whereby approximately 10 minutes break is required for every 50 minutes looking at the screen. If this applies in the workplace, then why
    does it not apply at home?

He said he'll will send this feedback to their technical department as 'feedback'.

The more people who provide this feedback, Microsoft may reverse this decision, please send your feedback regarding this! I dont want my kids to become zombies all day and all night!
  13. Miss Bijoux Win User

Hey all -

Thanks for the feedback. Be sure to follow the link Genesis provided above to leave additional feedback going forward.

Thanks for understanding. :)
  14. {Parity} Win User

15. SwungMagician37 Win User

as ,many posted here, we want screentime on xbox one.
Thema:

1. When will ScreenTime feature (replacement for family timer on 360) become active on Xbox One? - Similar Threads - ScreenTime feature replacement

2. Xbox home features

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox home features: Hi if my friend home my account and we try to play me on my own account and him on his account and we ar both online dos the game share feature still work's? Cuz it says thay can play without me...
  3. Does series x have a predictive text feature?

in XboX Insiders
    Does series x have a predictive text feature?: Hey yall so my ps5 remembers what ive typed in the past and the predictive text uses that knowledge when predicting what im gonna type, which is super handy in games like fallout where i can name...
  4. Bring back the SNAP feature! New hardware is capable of handling it!

in XboX Insiders
    Bring back the SNAP feature! New hardware is capable of handling it!: I miss the days when you could Zoom your friend while using your gaming together. Being able to snap youtube on the side while you game was ahead of its time back in 2014. The new hardware would...
  5. New Message Notification Feature Suggestion.

in XboX Insiders
    New Message Notification Feature Suggestion.: Favorited friends messages come through in preview or possibly in full instead of a default xbox notification, double tap xbox guide button or hold to quick respond instead of opening the message...
  6. May 11th update broke capture feature once again, unable to record anything since April...

in XBoX on Windows
    May 11th update broke capture feature once again, unable to record anything since April...: So my problem starts on April 13th, with the console update breaking the capture feature. I reported this here with no succes, the problem was exactly the same as many other report such as this...
  7. HDMI-CEC volume feature not working with xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI-CEC volume feature not working with xbox series s: Hello the HDMI-CEC feature does not work with the tv volume. I have turned it the HDMI-CEC setting on both my xbox AND Television, restarted both, unplugged the hdmi but still not working. Ive...
  8. When will Microsoft fix the Xbox "feature" of disabling surround sound when a chat headset...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When will Microsoft fix the Xbox "feature" of disabling surround sound when a chat headset...: Xbox Series X|S can output surround sound such as Dolby Atmos and DTS:X over HDMI with no headset attached. This is great for modern gaming, allowing players to use spatial sound cues (direction...
  9. Cannot enable preview features for cloud gaming on mac

in XboX Insiders
    Cannot enable preview features for cloud gaming on mac: Whenever i click “preview features” i don’t get the preview features and it turns off as soon as I log out or refresh the page. How do I fix this? submitted by /u/Duckyboi10 [link] [comments]
  10. HOW TO CHANGE XBOX FAMILY ORGANISER TO ALLOW SCREENTIME LIMITS.

in XBoX Accessibility
    HOW TO CHANGE XBOX FAMILY ORGANISER TO ALLOW SCREENTIME LIMITS.: I want to set a screen time on the family group organiser! I set up the Box incorrectly and my child (14) has to login as me (the adult/organiser). How can I either set a screen time on the...