When will scarface, all of the original godfathers and mafia games come to Xbox?

Discus and support When will scarface, all of the original godfathers and mafia games come to Xbox? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I don’t really wanna convince my friends to start buying up old systems rather then buying the new ones, but with the lack of solid games coming out... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by LeRoyDank, Dec 27, 2022.

1. LeRoyDank
    LeRoyDank Guest

When will scarface, all of the original godfathers and mafia games come to Xbox?

I don’t really wanna convince my friends to start buying up old systems rather then buying the new ones, but with the lack of solid games coming out it’s hard not to. we need more OG Xbox games, nothing new is fun it’s always underdone and over priced

:)

LeRoyDank, Dec 27, 2022
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

3. Obsessive Power Win User

In addition to what Nursemorth has stated about the end of the BC program, the Scarface and the Godfather games were all based off movie licences. Publishers/developers pay million to the movie studio's for a license to make a game from the a film or TV show.

Unfortunately these licences are finite and as soon as the license expires a game can not be remade until the licence is renewed. Not a cheap process. It's unlikely that Scarface or the Godfather games will be remade.
  4. Nursemorph Win User

Unless the Developers of the particular games choose to remaster/re-release, then they won't as the Backwards Compatibility program ended a couple of years ago with a one-off special release done November 2021 for Xbox 20th anniversary being the absolute end of it
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox Backward Compatibility

They are only announced when the team have completed the BC process.

Be aware, the following games
    can not be made BC

Godfather 1

Godfather 2

SCARFACE

EA Sports MMA (with Fedor Emelianenko and Randy Cougar in title on cover)

Forza Motorsport 1, 2, 3, 4

FIFA Street 2

The Godfather games are linked to the 'Godfather movie license which EA no longer holds the rights to. The original publisher of Scarface, Vivendi Games and it's successor publisher, Activision Blizzard,
    no longer hold the publishing rights to Scarface, the digital version of that game has been pulled from all PC download sites - so there is no chance it can come back to Xbox.

MMA no show would either be down to the 'MMA' license expiry or any in game music licenses. Same with FIFA Street series. No previous FIFA games are BC, and probably never will be either.

Microsoft has a tendency to retire it's old Forza games after a certain time. This may be down to music and car licenses.

I know I post a lot about how a game can't be made BC, and I'm probably wasting time posting here as not many people seem to understand game licensing.

A general run is, if a game is no longer available to buy digitally on the Xbox 360 platform,
    it can't be made BC for the Xbox One.
  6. Jurgen1488 Win User

Xbox Backward Compatibility

For Godfather and Scarface. It's not about any pictures or anything you may think. The problem is more core processors. Scarface play only one core processor. I do not know how Godfather is. But thanks to this Scarface game is not playable. Although the
    computer only turns on one processor core, it is a job, and no one wants to rebuild the processor to play one game and then put the processor back to the default to make the computer work normally.
Thema:

1. When will scarface, all of the original godfathers and mafia games come to Xbox? - Similar Threads - scarface original godfathers

2. I'm after a new original xbox one s power cable lead the 10amp one for use in Australia?

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm after a new original xbox one s power cable lead the 10amp one for use in Australia?: I'm after a new original xbox one s power cable lead the 10amp one for use in Australia? f53a93af-10df-4bd5-8501-d790bb6f67f9
  3. Hard drive space reduced after game reinstallation compared with original installation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hard drive space reduced after game reinstallation compared with original installation: I installed two games originally, MS Flight Simulator and the last game was Starfield. My free hard drive space was around 800 GB. I reinstalled both games and the free hard drive space was around...
  4. I have an original xbox and the disc drive won' eject. Paper clip don't work. What next?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an original xbox and the disc drive won' eject. Paper clip don't work. What next?: I have an original xbox and the disc drive won't open. Tried the paper clip tool and it did't work. What next? a81eeb29-f7e9-4f6e-a093-2e8064856079
  5. Original xbox 1 disc issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original xbox 1 disc issues: So, is anyone else having disc issues, where it reads discs but gives you the icon of not having the disc, but says its in while being able to play the game. Shoudl I be concerned, or should I...
  6. Original Xbox One With Lifetime Game Pass??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original Xbox One With Lifetime Game Pass??: Hello, I found a original Xbox One Console at a thrift store several months ago and it seems to have lifetime game pass because once I signed into it I am able to download games from game pass...
  7. Trying to play scarface on xbox 360.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to play scarface on xbox 360.: I have recently bought the disc version of scarface the world is yours. I have an official Xbox hard drive on my black slim Xbox 360 E . I keep getting a message saying "this original Xbox game is...
  8. Will there ever be a Scarface remaster??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will there ever be a Scarface remaster??: I remember playing this way back in the day when it first came out on PS3 and in my personal opinion it was on par with the current GTA. I loved having to travel down to Columbia to do coke runs...
  9. Trying to play original xbox version scarface on an xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to play original xbox version scarface on an xbox 360: So this game is backwards compatible on a 360 however when I try to play it it brings up a game error telling me the game couldn't start and to try downloading the game again, I am unsure as to...
  10. Scarface game on Xbox:

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Scarface game on Xbox:: I have the disc, should I buy an original Xbox or Xbox 360 (store being shuttered, does that mean I can't download update?) Thanks! PS. Is there a minimum Hard drive size?...